Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Nocturnal Thoughts

This story is about a girl, who is the stereotypical Princess, who doesn't really have much going on in her life until she is kidnapped in the night by a rugged thief hoping to get money for a high society hostage.

Chapter 1 - Nocturnal Thoughts

Chapter 1 - Nocturnal Thoughts
The wind howled at the windowpane, while moonlight bathed the elaborate room. The four-poster bed was dressed in woven quilts dyed in purple, and embroidered with elegant figurines of lofty nobles in various locations around the castle grounds. To the left of the bed rested a cozy lamp atop of a carved oak nightstand. Though the glowering flame from the lamp flickered violently it was dull by comparison to the milky iridescence light illuminating the room. Leviathan lay on the left of the bed near the cozy little flame.
It was near midnight, and she still scribbled away in her book. Not for pleasure, for she was wroth, and it showed as ink splashed from her quill.

‘Dear diary,
My name is Leviathan Aisrel, princess of Aisrel, the royal capital of Panthoria. But I do not think that name suits me. Such a weird name, why it is the name of the legendary aquatic beast! Do my parents really think their daughter is a beast? Well actually they seem to think so, they are sending me away. I am not refined enough, so my mother is suggesting I go to a finishing school! Princesses do not go to finishing school, commoners do! This is not fair. Well they gave me this as a token for going to the despicable school. I should get to bed now.
- Leviathan’

Leviathan was going to turn seventeen soon, and she would be eligible for coronation of the title ‘Crown Princess of Aisrel’. Of course, she was a princess, and it was already official on all the papers, but ‘Crown Princess’ was a transition from girl to woman and the first step to Queen. And along with it came finishing school….
“The most unheard of thing for a princess!” she announced. However, her mother insisted that Levia would meet other girls her own age, and teased her that: “You have to be more refined if you want Prince Anthony to notice you”
Levia was usually quite well-mannered, but something did not seem right about finishing school. She was raised by her governess, who scrutinized Levia’s education, and taught her the most sophisticated manners: “And no royalty in the history of our country has gone to finishing school,” she cried.
Leviathan lay clutching her knitted, multicoloured child’s blanket. Her mother had made this for her when Levia was five and a half years of age, while going on a fetish about knitting. Queen Ayrasia was not good at it, but she told her daughter that it was not how good you are at something that matters, but if it gives you something to do. Though the blanket was what one might call hideous, it was very sentimental to Leviathan. She held the now rag of a blanket close always as a child, it hardly seemed fit that she still kept it. Also it seemed out of place among all her fine silks and down pillows, but she always kept it on her bed, half way under a pillow.
A tear slid down her glistening face; she was not angry anymore. What was wrong with her? Was it these recent happenings that made her mother drive her away?
Nearly four months ago, a series of strange occurrences have been happening. Besides her father leaving off on classified security business for Panthoria, she had been having strange feelings. At first she thought it was just the ‘age,’ but those feelings had been related to water. At Celestine’s (her cousin in the neighboring country) coming out party, she was playing at the beach with a hermit crab, and a wave came crashing down. Leviathan screamed and the water receded around her. Then, when she walked in drenched, a boy made fun of her and she slapped him. However, it looked like the water on her slapped him. Another strange occasion, after she took a bath, a scratch she had gotten from her kitten, Missy, was no where to be found.
She pulled the heavy quilt over her and tried to leave these occurrences in her head behind. The wind howled louder, and then there was a rumble of thunder and it was pouring. The rain tapped against the windowpane, and before a sudden tiredness came over her she thought she saw a shadow against her window. ‘Must be the tree blowing about by the wind’ she thought to herself, and then she was off to sleep.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PuffyDrew on February 4, 2008, 12:11:05 PM

PuffyDrew on
PuffyDrewI don't pretend to be a good writer...but so far I havn't put up any of my art so I had this story lying around -_- that I havn't worked on in ages *sigh* but its something