Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Lurking in the night

This story is about a girl, who is the stereotypical Princess, who doesn't really have much going on in her life until she is kidnapped in the night by a rugged thief hoping to get money for a high society hostage.

Chapter 2 - Lurking in the night

Chapter 2 - Lurking in the night
“I hope what I am doing is right,” whispered Ayrasia, alone in the dark of her room. She could not help but feel loss sending her only daughter away, but she kept thinking that this ‘classified security business’ was suspicious. She loved her husband, but felt a little agitated about him not telling her anything. Was it so serious that he did not trust her with it? “I do not want to think about this anymore; it is too disturbing to have ever thought of such a thing” she said aloud and started to scribble on a piece of paper:

Dearest Leviathan,
My love, I do not want you to go, but I really feel it is for the best. You should be with girls your own age and socialize rather then dawdle in this dusty old castle. I want you to know I will be thinking of you, and write you every day you are apart from me. I care for you more than anything in this world. I send my best wishes to you,

Your mother

Ayrasia slipped the thin paper into an envelope and slid it under Leviathan’s door. She stopped by the door…then carefully turned the doorknob, holding back a sob. Levia was asleep, on her side with her arm dangling down the side of the bed. She was so cute sleeping, mumbling softly; Ayrasia kissed her cheek and departed to her own room.

The drapes swayed in the wind. Creak…pop! The shadowy figure leaped in onto the window sill. “Aw, how cute…little miss princess in silent slumber,” he snickered. The man scoped the room. “Hmm, what’s this?”
He picked up the envelope off the floor, and opened it.

“My love…I do not want you to go…it is the best for you…I will think of you…everyday…best wishes…your mother,” he muttered. “Well after this she will be thinking of you every day…my sweet.” The man moved near the bed and spotted a quill on the nightstand, with a little book and a picture of some guy.
“What is this, princess has got herself a beau?” he said as he picked up the frame, “Probably some superficial Prince Charming that gets everything handed to him on a silver plate.” His hand faltered, and he almost dropped it, but then he picked up the quill and started writing on the back of the paper.

Have taken your princess, if you want her back you will have to pay the price. Wait for further requests.

The man gazed upon Leviathan, trying to determine the best maneuver to get her off the bed. He finally just grabbed her, and made toward the windowsill and out.
It was very difficult to hold her while repelling off the side of the castle wall with a lone rope. More surprising was how she did not even make any sounds or signs of waking.
He laughed to himself, ‘I could have probably thrown her out the window, and she wouldn’t have wakened’ he thought, but too soon, because she started to stir.
Then a chill breeze blew. She let out a sigh and stretched out her arms, and his arms tightened around her; he could not afford her waking and then screaming this close to the castle. To his luck, her body stilled, and was clearly back into deep sleep.
After an hour of carrying her, he was relieved to see the light of an inn. Right now Leviathan felt like a whale; he quickened his pace and reached the door.
As he opened the door, warm light bathed him, and he could hear the pleasant sound of a flute in the background.
The mood was interrupted by a husky voice, “Ello der, may I help ye?”
“Yes, a room please,” replied the man holding Levia.
“Wha ter perty lady, yer sweetheart?” the Innkeeper asked.
“I guess, but she’s no lover to me…she’s my sister. We were traveling…and she seems ill so I’m taking care of her”
“Well tha’s mighty good of ye ter take care of yer sistar. Rooms up tha staers te tha righ’, take yer pick and take care for tha nigh’”
“Thank you,” he replied and tossed the Innkeeper a small pouch of coins.

The room was very dim, with only a small lantern on the windowsill. The young man placed her on a bed near the window, and then stripped off his wet clothes. The bearskin covers warmed his cool, clammy skin. It was finally peaceful; he relaxed his muscles and went to close his eyes till sleep took him away.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment