Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - First meeting

This story is about a girl, who is the stereotypical Princess, who doesn't really have much going on in her life until she is kidnapped in the night by a rugged thief hoping to get money for a high society hostage.

Chapter 3 - First meeting

Chapter 3 - First meeting
Rays of sunlight gleamed through the dew on the windowpane. A pillar of light descended upon Leviathan, illuminating her face. The man sat upright in his bed, watching her. She looked so much like an angel aloft, in silent slumber. But instead of caressing a cloud, she rest on dingy, dun sheets, and wrapped in a bearskin blanket. This illusion wouldn’t last for long, though, he thought, and soon she would wake and be stricken with terror.
A few minutes past as he watched and waited, and then a sigh broke out of this angelic figure’s mouth, accompanied by a stretch of the arms.
“Heh, just a matter of time now.” he whispered. There was a pause and then…
“Ah, morning already?” Levia spoke, and then opened her eyes: “ick, and finishing school…”
She turned her head, to see a young man gazing at her with a quizzical look, and a smile breaking on his face. Now she realized this was not her room and was immediately horror stuck. Unlike the screaming he expected, she started to cry.
He was a little disappointed; he had expected to have to gag her with something, but was he going to have to calm her? His smile turned into a grimace, as he watched her cry convulsively.
“Will you just stop?” he cried.
“H-how c-can I…I-I don’t even know who y-you are!” she shouted and turned toward him with tears streaming down her face.

“Me, I’m Anwynd Esa, and I can’t pretend this is not awkward for you, but I would really like you to stop crying,” Anwynd said. The man had ruffled, dirty blonde hair, accompanied by pale green coloured eyes. His face was quite boyish, but the fine, sparse hairs on his chin were those of a man.
“Well…I am-” she started.
“I know who you are,” he interrupted.
“Well I was only being polite,” she wavered: “I guess you would know, being my captor,” she spoke, with a hint of irritation.
“Well, princess, you’re quite the looker, you’ll sell well.” He cackled and walked on “Hurry, we best be on our way.”
“You are going to sell me?” she asked, with a look of childlike concern. She was so innocent; he almost felt compassion for her.
“No…I was only kidding, I will keep you for longer,” he started, “but if you disobey me, you’ll be lucky if I leave you in a ditch that is in this country,” he teased, and she gasped.
“How can you say that so casually!” It was the first time she raised her voice; “you cannot play with people’s lives, and I am a princess.”
“Well Princess, I told you if you disobey me…” He made a gesture with his hand sliding across his neck and she scowled, “Now, you are my sister and we are traveling together…Also you need a new name.”
Her eyes lit up, “My mum calls me Levia.”
“Levia? So we are just missing the ‘than’, who would be so dense not to recognize that?” he thought out loud, then noticed the disgruntled expression on her face. “What is wrong?”
“Mum…I guess it is not different that I was abducted, she was going to send me away in the first place” she spoke, and her eyes started to get misty again: “Okay, I will play along, I will be your sister, and I won’t fight with you anymore so you don’t have to leave me in a ditch”
Anwynd was shocked, and again felt that horrible pity. Leviathan was feeling worthless, and going along with him, because she felt that her mother did not love her. He knew that was wrong, because of that note he read.
‘What in hell is this, emotion central?’ he thought and cleared his mind ‘there is no way I will tell her. I have got her right where I want her.’ then he opened his mouth, “You aren’t going to cry again are you? I don’t think I can handle anymore, ya know because I don’t really have a sister.”
“Oh, well you better get used to it brother dear.” she teased, and it was the first time that he had seen her smile. Some how it made him feel at ease and sick to his stomach at the same time.
“That is better sister dear,” he said sarcastically, “and I think I will call you Levia, not much townsfolk that are bright enough to connect ‘Levia’ to the word ‘than.’” he said somewhat thoughtfully
“Okay,” she replied, and smiled.
“Ya know, you have to be one or the other, I can’t have you jumping from glum to chipper all the time,” he hesitated, “and we should be going now”
Anwynd took Leviathan by the arm, and then led her out of the room and down the stairs.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment