Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Decisions

This story is about a girl, who is the stereotypical Princess, who doesn't really have much going on in her life until she is kidnapped in the night by a rugged thief hoping to get money for a high society hostage.

Chapter 5 - Decisions

Chapter 5 - Decisions
Anwynd did not speak to her for a long time while she was riding on his back. The more he thought about it, the more she felt like a whale again. He put all his concentration on keeping his shoulders braced.
“Ahhnwynd” she said in a yawn, “I’m wearisome.”
“You are?” he said spitefully, “try carrying yourself and me for over four miles.”
“Well if you talked to me, maybe I would not be suffering from insipidity.”

Actually Anwynd was hiding what he was really thinking about, but carrying her made the situation worse. On several occasion he eased his mind with how great it would be to finally get her off his shoulders, and get a huge sum of lucre.
It was now getting late, and a sense of danger was drawing nearer.
He cautiously lifted her off his shoulder, and became silent.
“What—” she started.
“Shush!” he cut her off, “I’m trying to listen”

He stood very still, and she could see all his senses were becoming keener.
There was a rustle in the trees and she made to open her mouth again, “A—”, and he thrust his hand over her mouth as he pulled her toward him.
In a muffled whisper he said, “I told you to be quiet! You don’t know the danger that is out here, so you listen to everything I tell you, got it?”
“Yes—but”
“No, you listen to what I say.”
“Yes” she said solemnly.

His eyes fiercely scanned the trees. He became, what looked to be, an animal being hunted. He looked up for moment, calculating; he was stuck.



Terror awakened in Leviathan’s eyes, as she heard what he did; distant cries and drunken laughter. She looked to him eagerly to escape but he still stood there calculating.
He turned and looked at her seeing the terror in her eyes, focusing on it. Then grabbed her arm and ran in one direction. She felt like she was going to scream, but she suppressed it.
They ran through the thick trees and brush. As they were running Leviathan tripped on a rock.
‘She just had to fall, didn’t she?’ he thought.
Her skirts were tangled in a mess of broken branches. He watched her hopelessly while she tugged at the hem, thinking any moment they could be caught.
Rip. It broke free leaving a mangled piece of satin.
He grabbed her hand and pulled her up. “We have to hurry; there is a little cave up ahead, okay? We can stay there.” He said.
“Alright” she said, grimacing.

And there was the little cave. They walked into it. It was very dark and clammy, with a little stream trickling through it. It was not the coziest of places.
“Well, how about I get some sticks and flint,” he said observing the cave absent mindedly.
“Why?” she said.
“To make a fire, you really think we are going to hang around here in the dark?”
“No…Does that mean you are going to leave me here?” she said concerned.
“Yeah, only for a while though,” he said turning the other way and heading out, “If I don’t now it will be too late, the sun is going down”
“Okay” Leviathan said, and he was gone. She sat down on the cold wet floor and held her knees close to her. “Oww” she said painfully as she looked at her legs; they were badly cut and scraped. ‘I want to go home…’ she thought to herself ‘This place is nothing but horrible and sad.’ Then she remembered how if she wasn’t here she would be in finishing school; she started to cry.
Soon after, Anwynd walked in: “What’s wrong?” he asked, and then continued on by starting to assemble the sticks and logs together on a smooth surface of what looked to be blue limestone.
“Nothing…” she answered softly. He didn’t answer.

She looked at him uneasily, then back at her legs. Leviathan now temperate was gazing at a stream of blood running down her leg to her feet.
‘He does not care…and why would he?’ she thought to herself, slowly getting up and walking towards the little stream.
Clack Clack Clack! Anwynd struck the two flints together; groaning in frustration until it ignited the kindling. “Levia! I did it, we have a fire” he said triumphantly expecting her to be right behind him, but she was gone.
“Levia—than…” he called. Then he saw her, a shadowy figure wading in the stream. ‘That girl must be daft, that water is frore.”
A few moments of him watching her, she noticed him. Leviathan turned to him and stepped out of the water. She stared at him angrily.
“Levia—a” He opened his mouth to speak—she collapsed.
Anwynd ran to grab her, before she hit the ground but he was too late. She was unconscious, and her body was limp.
When he lifted her he could see by the glow of the fire that her legs were blue, her lips were blue and her face was pale. He frantically dragged her close to the fire, and took off his over coat and placed it on her.
‘She can’t die now…What am I saying. She’s a princess. She’s frail like porcelain, and I’ve broken her.’ he thought to himself. He put his hand on hers, which was icy now and he looked into the fire.
Some hours had past, and she was getting warmer and started to show signs of life. He took his coat from off of her and held it over the fire to get it warmer. He had determination in his eyes as he held it over the flames for several moments. “Okay that should be good enough,” he sighed in relief and placed the coat back over her.
When he placed it on her she muttered something and rolled to her side.
“That should be good enough” he said, and sat next to the fire, which soon after it stopped burning he was asleep.

Too soon he let down his guard, because he woke up a half an hour later to Leviathan screaming.
“Anwynd! Anwynd!” a bloodcurdling scream came from her. He awoke to see Leviathan in the arms of two slender looking men.
“Ah…Anwynd, brother” said the one on the left roguishly, “It seems Miss Princess is quite familiar with you.” His expression turned into a malicious grin. “When were you going to tell us…? The boss has been looking forward to seeing her; don’t tell us you were going to keep her for yourself…”
Anwynd glanced at the two in rage. The mischievous one looked over Leviathan with lust and the other one more faint hearted just held a firm grip on her.
“What are you implying that I am traitorous? Do not think you can find fault in me! I am the most loyal servant to the boss, I was coming right over. Then it got dark…” Anwynd’s voice started to falter.
“Then prove your loyalty. Hand the girl over” the mischievous one said.
“I’m not going to let you take the credit that is mine, I am going with you; so take your filthy hands off her” Anwynd said venomously.
“Touchy…Touchy, we’ll play later princess” and he winked at Leviathan, who gave him a most disgusted look.
The four of them walked through the forest to what looked to be a little hut, but Leviathan could see it was much bigger. As they walked Anwynd’s eyes showed that this was not what he had intended. He shifted from looking at Leviathan, in a lot of rage, to the mischievous one prancing happily and flirting with her.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment