Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Reasons revlealed

This story is about a girl, who is the stereotypical Princess, who doesn't really have much going on in her life until she is kidnapped in the night by a rugged thief hoping to get money for a high society hostage.

Chapter 7 - Reasons revlealed

Chapter 7 - Reasons revlealed
Leviathan continued deep in her thoughts until a door opened.
“Father!” Tristan gasped in surprise.
“Send the girl in here.” The mysterious scarred man said. It was the first time Leviathan actually saw this “Father” and she was scared. Tristan pulled her along towards the door: “Alone” Father said.
“Yes” he said embarrassed and let go of her arm, and she triumphantly strode toward the door, and then hesitated at entering and seeing how dark it was.
As Levia entered the room she was daunted. The room was very dark, there was no window in sight, and it was dimly lighted by the fire place. Leviathan was more terrified by the brooding furnishings, and felt her heart sinking. How these people lived was obscure, and this Father of theirs seemed in no way fatherly.
“Good of you to join us Leviathan Aisrel.” Said Father coolly.
“Yes…” Levia said cautiously losing all the previous confidence she had coming here.
“Now I am sure you are wondering why I brought you here. Also I apologize for any inconvenience I have caused you.” He said calmly.
She frantically glanced around the room, not knowing how to respond. Then her gaze stopped at Anwynd. He stood in the corner of the room, his eyes, gazed intensely into the hearth. The light flickered and danced into his two…shimmering eyes. She starred at him bemused. Leviathan felt warmer as she watched this curiosity. Never had she noticed how beautiful his eyes were.

“Well…I…” she said nervously, as her view changed to the scarred man staring at her, then back to Anwynd—clearly not paying any attention to her.

“It is quite alright, Leveia…I will treat you like my own child.” he said his visage becoming more amused, “speaking of which, I haven’t seen you sense you were a wee one.” She was too shocked to say anything, and he paid no attention to it as he trailed off into enumeration. “That’s right…yes you were about 5 years of age and scampering about with the most hideous of needlework I had ever seen. You were such an adorable little girl. I was still working at the palace then—at your grandfather’s palace—yes, yes he was so proud to show you off. I think you inspired me to have children…well not really, I’ve never actually had children—”

“Excuse me, are you going somewhere with this?” she said interrupting.
“Oh of course. Wait…what I was going to say? Grandfather—cute—children—oh yeah! Your Grandfather…yes we are very good friends. A while back I left the palace—for reasons of my own—well just recently your Grandfather, contacted me to…how do I say this…”
“Father…” Leviathan said, not knowing what to call him.
“Hold on dearest, this is very urgent. Oh and sit down” Father said taking her by the hand to a near arm chair. “By the way you don’t need to call me ‘Father’, I’m very flattered if you decide to call me that—you are very welcome to—my name is Adrian Esa. Actually I’d prefer that you don’t call me by my first name…”
“Father?” She responds.
“Okay I guess you are sincerely one of my children now…” Father says.
“I am sorry but I would rather not be. So what were you saying?” she says hesitantly.
“Oh right, sorry this is all too exciting for me.” Father said giving a genuine smile. Adrian Esa was a kind man after all, but he just liked to talk a lot and his creepy furnishings were deceiving to his true character…But maybe he could like that sort of thing and still be loving? “Anwynd, won’t you come over here next to your little friend Leveia.” He said motioning Anwynd to approach him.

Anwynd turned from his current position rolled his eyes, and looked slightly irritated. “Father, stop playing with her!”
“I will, I was just lightening the mood…” Father says then turns to Leviathan, “Leviathan what you are going to hear might be upsetting to you, but please be calm.
She looks at Adrian, and listens attentively.
“You may know your father—not me—your real father has been absent for a while. I don’t know your relationship with him, and I don’t mean to offend you when I say this…but your father is—” he stops and looks at Anwynd with compassion. Anwynd grimaces and looks away. “He is a horrible, cruel, man. Oh yes…I have notified your mother too—I think she knew to begin with that something was wrong…The point is you were not safe in Aisrel—your Grandfather contacted me to get you out of there.”
“I—I don’t believe you!” she screams, terror and tears filling her eyes, and she runs out of the room and into the hallway. Blinded by tears she runs down the hallway and right into Maed.
“Well if it isn’t Miss Princess herself—” he says and reaches his hand out to her and grasps her waist and motions to stroke her hair. “Much prettier than Kreena…won’t you let me calm you?” he says seductively. Leviathan struggles from him and screams.
“Let go of me!” then breaks free stumbling even more down the hallway.
She doesn’t want to go too far so she goes out the door and goes into the woods and climb a tree so hopefully no creatures can get her.
“Lies…He is lying. My father is kind, and loves me…Nothing is wrong—he just went away for a while. He will come home soon and everything will be back to the way it always has…and I will be there with mother and we will be happy” she says to herself trying to find reassurance. She sits in the tree alone and crying.


“Maybe I should’ve given her this.” Father says holding a letter, and waving it around.
“What is it?” Anwynd asks grabbing the letter from him.
“It’s a letter from Queen Ayrasia.” Father says plainly, and then changing the subject “Anwynd go find her. It’s not safe out there; she could get attacked by blood thirsty thieves!”
“Father…we are the thieves, I really don’t think she wants anything to do with us. Maybe it’s better to leave her alone.” He says blankly.
“There are other thieves, less family oriented ones too…Now as your father I am telling you to go and get her.”
“Alright” Anwynd says obediently. ‘What has she done to my father?’

Anwynd scowls and walks out slamming the door. He continues out down the hallway and out the shabby door. The autumn air is crisp and refreshing. The cool breeze ruffles his hair as he walks. It does not take too long for him to find her; she did not go very far. She sits whimpering in a tree, her back to him.
“Leviathan” he says under his breath.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

PuffyDrew on February 4, 2008, 12:31:24 PM

PuffyDrew on
PuffyDrewFather is very very very strange...especially when he barely uses his own name >.< I keep forgetting it...Adrian? But really he's my favorite. The strange guy that's devastatingly hot, has no children of his own but takes in strays...and is you would think he's creepy but oddly enough he's heart warming. Anwynd is just a sour puss who hates the royals guts and is now confused...and guilty