Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Mirrors

A series of one shots on my two OCs Ryoko and Kurenai. Some canon characters may appear from time ti time too :D

Chapter 1 - Mirrors

Chapter 1 - Mirrors
Mirrors

Ryoko never liked what she saw in the mirror. You wouldnt either if a monster was staring back at you, right?
***
A pale fist connected with the brittle shiny surface of the medicine cabinet in the bathroom, smashing it. The pieces, both large and small, sparkled with the dim light the small room had to offer, almost daring her to shatter them into microscopic fragments.

Once again, the Mazaki household was left without a bathroom mirror because someone had forgotten to cover it before the most vicious member of the family claimed the washroom for herself that morning.

Ryoko Mazaki watched as her hand healed itself of the tiny cuts and nicks she received when she broke the reflective glass surface. One of the many perks of being half demon, and for that she was grateful because no one at school could call her a cutter if she had no marks to tell otherwise.

The young half demon was known to break  no  absolutely shatter any mirror that she came across, and it wasnt because she felt like it. As much as Ryoko loved breaking stuff, it was her ridiculous claims that caused her to smash anything with a reflective surface.

There was a monster in Ryokos mirror, one that only she could see. And it had been tormenting her for quite a long time now. Nobody, save for a few people, knew about this and so this has lead others into calling her crazy. It wasnt one of the best moves as this insult had put many children in intensive care and put Ryoko in a lot of trouble with authorities.

The monster first appeared after her and her twin sisters 8th birthday party, where a terrible but unavoidable incident had occurred. The demonic powers in the young girl had surfaced and they were quickly known to everyone near and dear to her.

It was the day that the little brunette half demon would never be the same again. Ever.

Her first sighing of it was the very next day. It was quite a horrid creature that Ryoko wouldnt even dare describe to her mother after she came running in to calm her daughter. The monster smirked and then disappeared.

Since that day, Ryoko had tried yelling at hit, ignoring it, talk to it annoyingly until it disappeared and even resorted to painting on it with her mothers pink lipstick. But nothing proved to silence the hideous beast.

That was until Ryoko discovered that mirrors could be broken.

She could remember the very fist mirror she had broken in very precise detail. It only took one punch to fracture the cool shiny surface and another one to absolutely destroy it. She remembered hearing in howl with pain as its body was ripped into shreds and how she laughed at how helpless it looked trying to scurry away in pieces.

Ryoko didnt see it for quite a long time after that.

It wasnt until the twins started Duel Academia that the pale demon started to see her own personal devil again. But this time, she knew how to silence it for a time.

After hearing the bedroom door slam shut on her sisters room, Kurenai left hers to inspect the damage that her violent twin had caused this time round. Picking up the larger fragments off the tiled floor, the dark shinned girl sighed as she began the small task of cleaning up after her twin.

A small chuckle was caught by her elfin like ears as she chucked another piece into the garbage bin. Kurenai could have sworn the saw a red eye in that bit.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

NekoNinja on January 23, 2008, 3:57:31 AM

NekoNinja on
NekoNinjaThat was great!