Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Away we go

A story me and a friend named Kaytayyy made(her entries have the *'s on the beginning and end of them.)

ENJOY!

Chapter 1 - Away we go

Chapter 1 - Away we go
Strawberry sat down on one of the old worn bus seats, dropping her black bag on her lap. She scouted the bus for any friendly faces, but saw none.
"Stupid mom, making me come to this dang camp." She'd gone to this camp since she was 6, since then her mom has been forcing her to go. Strawberry (Really named Jennifer) ran her fingers through her shoulder length strawberry blonde hair. This was a pain. She sighed and decided to sleep until they got there. She had finally fallen asleep when they lurched to the next stop.
*Jessica got onto the bus with her friends Alex and Aiden behind her. She laughed a bit and tried to find some seats for them to sit in. Jessica stopped and sat in a seat next to a girl that was sleeping and turned to the empty seat where Alex and Aiden were sitting. "Thanks for coming guys. I really didn't want to come here by myself" Jessica said. Her mother had forced her to go, she said Jess needed more friends than the two she had. So Jessica agreed only if Alex and Aiden could come.*
Strawberry felt the seat besides her sink. Oh boy, she thought, company. Strawberry was awake now, but continued to close her eyes. When she talked to her friends, she was as witty as...a witty person. But with new people? Talking with new people… wasn’t really her thing. Berry snaked her hand into her bag, slowly pulling out her ipod and putting on one of the head phones. She softly played a betoven song.
*Jessica continued to talk to her friends. She turned around and peered at the girl that was sitting next to her. She had her ipod on so Jess decided not to intrude. "You know, I actually am excited for once in my life about going to camp" Jessica said to Aiden and Alex. Alex just laughed "That's because you have two of the coolest people in the world coming with you" Alex said referring to himself and Aiden. Aiden just laughed and shook her head.*
Peter stepped on the bus, a green backpack slouching on his back, and a rubixcube in his hand. He sat down besides another kid who was busy on his phone. Peter scouted the area. Behind him was a girl listening to some classical music, another girl besides her chatting with two people across from her, he guessed they were her friends. Peter scuffed up his dark brown hair and started working on the cube, which he knew he would never finish.
* Jessica looked at the guy that had just gotten on the bus. He had a rubixcube in his hands and a sly smile spread over Jess' face. As soon as he sat down Jessica swirled her head around the seat and said "You know my friend Alex can finish one of those in like a minute" Jessica said. It was true. Aiden looked up knowing that Jess was talking about her. "My record is 45 seconds but that was what...2 years ago?" Aiden said smiling coyly.*
Peter raised an eyebrow. "Let’s see it." he said, handing the cube to Aiden, and then set the timer on his watch.
"Whenever you’re ready." Strawberry lifted her head, immediately interested. Rubix challenges were always interesting.
Aiden let out a soft laugh and prepared herself. She sat up straight and concentrated hard. "Okay…Now" she said twisting the cube and turning it. She had all the colors except for a yellow in the red. That was fixed simply by three twists. She looked around the cube to make sure all was done and said "Done" Jessica smiled, she knew it wouldn’t beat 45 seconds but it was fast. Aiden smiled triumphantly and handed the cube back to the guy "How long did I take?" Aiden asked.*
Peter’s eyes widened "53 seconds." he chuckled, taking back the cube.
"Where'd you learn to do that?" asked Berry as she peered over the seat at Aiden, "Because that was cool."
* Aiden just smiled "Many night of having nothing to do and babysitting. You get quite good at it actually" Aiden said. Jessica smiled "I'm Jessica. The baby Einstein over there is Aiden and the ego-tistical weirdo is Alex" Jessica said introducing each one of them. Aiden just nodded and Alex waved with a casual "Hey"
“Peter.” He said, chuckling and nodding to Alex, Aiden, and Jessica.
Strawberry bit her lip and considered which name she should use…"I'm Jennifer, but I very strongly prefer Strawberry or Berry." she said, smiling.
Jessica looked up at Strawberry. "Awesome name" she said admitting. Just then the bus lurched again as it stopped to let more people on the bus.*
Strawberry grinned "Thanks." She saw a girl with a pixie cut walk onto the bus. She had black hair with blue streaks; she was carrying a shoulder bag that looked packed with stuff.
"Raeii?" Strawberry gasped. Raeii’s head shot up.
"Strawberry!" she gasped and immediately gave Strawberry a big hug then sat across from Peter.
"I thought you moved to Idaho!" exclaimed Berry, grinning at Raeii.
"Oh I KNOW! My dad found a job here not long after we packed everything up. And then, like a day later we had to unpack ALL the boxes, bleh!"
The two friends grinned at each other.
* Jessica smiled at the two renewed friends. She let out a long drawn out "Awwwww" *
Raeii laughed at the girls 'aw'.
"What? Trying to replace me so soon?" she exclaimed playfully.
"Of course!" Strawberry said with a smirk " Raeii, this is Jessica, Alex, Aiden, and Peter." Raeii nodded to all of the people Strawberry named.
"Nice to meet y’all, I’m Raeii. Now, this was our last pick-up stop, soooo…onward to Camp Oakleaf!" Raeii cried, pumping her fit into the air.
*Jessica peered out the window and saw the woods that she was accustomed to seeing before camp.
"We almost there?" Aiden asked Jessica.
"Yep. Just a bit farther and we're there" Jessica exclaimed in excitement.
Raeii and Strawberry hummed the camp song in harmony happily; they were both overjoyed Raeii didn't have to move to the giant potato state.
"Look! The sign!" Strawberry squealed, pointing at a large sign that read 'FIVE MILES TO CAMP OAKLEAF'
* Jessica, Aiden, and Alex all stood up and looked at the sign. Aiden squealed. Alex was overjoyed and hugged Aiden, which was odd for him.
Raeii smiled. "It's a lot easier to go to camp with people you know, huh?" laughed Strawberry to Peter, who nodded with a happy smile.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RaeanneRush on June 27, 2009, 8:55:00 AM

RaeanneRush on
RaeanneRush:)