Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - B/c urve U

2 years after Terra's death...that's all I can say heehee. there's gonna be some romance!! But I won't say between whom, then ya won't read it. R&R plz!!

Chapter 1 - B/c urve U

Chapter 1 - B/c urve U


Because of You

Disclaimer: Kay, I don't own Teen Titans, Kelly Clarkson or anyone else who worked on this song, or Danny Phantom, yeah that's it. Oh, and tell me how ya like the way I did the song parts…you'll see lolz Also, do you notice anything about the date of the journal entry? Remember this stuff when you're reviewing! (cuz I knooow you'll review. OR ELSE!!)

Her name was Terra

I will not make the same mistakes that you did

She was gifted with tremendous power, and cursed with it as well

I will not let myself cause my heart so much misery

She was a dangerous enemy, and a good friend

I will not break the same way you did, you fell so hard

And she was one of the bravest people that I have ever known.

I've learned the hard way to never let it get that far!

The young green changeling was lying on his back on the top bunk of his bunk bed. His name was Beast Boy, and he was a Teen Titan. He was the only one in their home, called Titans Tower, right now. He was the only one permitted to be. After all, he had loved her. Even if he didn't love her now, she had taught him much he still cared for her a lot. Besides, he'd rather be in his room looking at pictures of him and her than at her stone figure, which was kinda creepy, I'd like to add. Somehow, being there made him even more depressed, but looking through pictures and just thinking of her made him feel better. But now he was looking through his journal. He found the entry from one year ago:

August 21, 2005

It's been a year since Terra's…death. I don't want to accept that she's dead, but I don't think that we'll ever be able to bring her back.

They say that time kills all pain. But I agree more with Evanescence (I “borrowed” their CD from Raven and I've been listening to them a lot today). In one of their songs, they say “These wounds won't seem to heal, this pain is just too real, there's just too much that time cannot erase.” I guess that this is one of those things that time will never erase.

Beast Boy took out a picture of Terra that he kept in his journal. It was his favorite picture of her because she was so happy in it. He knew now, though, that even then she must have been full of pain. He was probably one of the few things that made her smile. He remembered when he gave her that heart-shaped box {A/N “Heart-Shaped Box” is an EXCELENT song that Nirvana sang, and then Evanescence, my fave band, as y'all should know by now, sang it during some interview. Tell me if ya've ever hearda it before!!} that he made her…

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Went a little crazy with the glue gun,” he had apologized.

“Beast Boy!” she gasped ”It's…I don't know what to say!”

That was exactly what he had wanted. First, it gave him a good opening to ask her out on a date. Secondly, he just wanted to make her as happy as possible, and judging from what she had just said and by the expression on her face, he had accomplished that.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Terra,” he said to the picture ~(he was now sitting up)~ “Why? There must've been some other way…you were so young, younger than all of us. You hardly got to live your life. I loved you, maybe that's why it still hurts so much, even if I love Raven now.” He continued talking to the picture for several more minutes, unaware that Raven was listening at his door.

I loose my way and it's not too long before you point it out

Hope you're not expecting a good-bye kiss

I cannot cry because I know that's a weakness in your eyes

Terra, you can't

I'm forced to fake a smile, a laugh, everyday of my life

Watch me

My heart can't possibly break when it wasn't even whole to start with!!

“Beast Boy, are you okay?” even though she knew he wasn't {A/N “Danny, are you okay?” *stare* “Sorry. Standard question.”}, Raven asked anyway. Raven never liked Terra because she knew that she and Beast Boy loved each other and, well, to truth, she secretly loved Beast Boy too. It was obvious, she thought, the way she had comforted him after the whole Beast thing, as well as countless other times. Also, why else would she hug him and let him hug her? She had to be careful of letting her emotions show, though, so she acted cold to him a lot.

“Wha—Um, yeah, Rae, I'm fine.”

“Can I come in then?” she asked, not convinced.

“Um, hang on a sec!” she heard things moving around as Beast Boy hid his journal and the pictures and moved down to the bottom bunk. “Come in.” He said when he was finished, and Raven entered.

“How are you feeling?” she asked, sitting down next to him. Her actions and words surprised them both.

“Um, fine, I guess, considering what day it is. Hey, speaking of which, why aren't you—“

“We just got back. We've been gone all day, it's about nine p.m.,” she informed him.

“Why do you even go with them? You never liked her so why bother?” Big mistake, his mind told him.

“Because,” Raven said, annoyed, ”I feel sorry for her. And maybe if we brought her back you wouldn't be moping around in your room every year and every time you hear her name.”

“Gee, Raven, that just makes me feel so much better!”

“Why do I even bother?!” she replied. Getting up, then she quickly walked out the door. Beast Boy felt angry her, then sad, then a bit heart-broken. My heart ahs already been destroyed so many times, he thought to himself, first my parents died, then my step-parents, then Terra betrayed us, which was followed by her death. Now I know for sure that Raven hates me! Did he? He thought back to the time Malchior had come.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Raven? It's me. Look, I'm sorry,” he said to her closed door, knowing that she was behind it. She was always behind a closed door.

“For what? You're not the one who—“

“No. I'm sorry…he broke your heart,” he corrected her. And he truly was sorry. Her heart was broken, but he just wanted her to be happy. Just like Terra.

“I know it was all a lie, but he was the only person who ever made feel like I wasn't…creepy,” she said, referring to an earlier conversation where he had called her creepy. It was something he regretted from that moment on. “And don't try to tell me I'm not,” she warned.

“Okay, you're way creepy. But that doesn't mean that you have to stay locked in room. You think you're alone, but you're not,” he reassured her. He made her feel good when she was down. And then she did the unexpected. She opened her door and hugged him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~END FLASHBACK~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Whatever, she was probably just…caught up in the moment or something,” he told himself, “Anyway, I'll apologize tomorrow. She's probably too mad to care now.”

It had been a long day, even with no crime and such, so Beast Boy decided to go to bed then. But he didn't know that the night that lay ahead would be perhaps the worst yet maybe the best that he ever had.

Terra! C'mon, we've gotta go.

I watched you die, I heard you cry every night in your sleep

I have to stay. I'm the only one who can stop it!

I was so young, you should have known better than to lean on me!

Terra, no, it's too late!

You never thought of anyone else you just saw your pain

It's never too late. You were the best friend I ever had :,(

And now I cry in the middle of the night for the same damn thing!!

Raven couldn't sleep that night. It was partially because of the argument ~(not to mention the saying “never go to sleep angry at someone”)~ but also because she sensed everyone's sad feelings. At midnight she was still awake, kept so by one's strong emotions. She decided to get some tea, that sometimes helped her get to sleep. But when she was walking back to her room with the hot tea, she passed by Beast Boy's room. She expected his emotions to be strong, but what he was feeling was almost unbearable.

“Beast Boy!?” she called, gripping the mug that held her tea so cozily inside, “are you awake?” Getting no answer she let herself in. sure enough, he was asleep, but what was this? He was crying in his sleep! That was a huuuuuge surprise to Raven, since she'd never really see him cry before and he was always the funny guy of the team. Always so happy. Always… “Beast Boy!” she said, nearly dropping her mug as she floated over to him. “Beast Boy, wake up” she ordered, shaking his arm. He groaned and slowly opened his eyes as Raven telepathically moved her tea to his bed stand so that it wouldn't get broken.

“Raven? What—Why is my pillow all wet?”

She sighed, relieved. Well, at least he wasn't hurt. Not physically, anyway. “You were crying in your sleep,” she told him, ”are you okay?” she asked. He sat up and rubbed his head.

“Yeah, Rae, thanks. You wanna sit down on the bottom bunk? It's more comfortable than floating, I'm guessing.” When they sat down Raven asked him what he had been dreaming about. “I can't remember the whole thing in detail, but…well, you don't really want to hear it.”

She looked at him sternly but he continued to stare at his hands. “If it made you upset then yes, I do.” He sighed before continuing.

“Well, I remember my parents dying…then I dunno what happened for a while but it was pretty creepy…then my step-parents died,” he shuddered a bit every time he said something with the word “die” in it, ”Then Terra…I think re-lived that entire night in my dream and then…then something was happening to you ~(at this point he looked her in the eyes)~ and I tried to protect you but I failed…”he trailed off. Raven was slightly surprised by the last part of his dream. He broke her thoughts by asking why she had been up so late.

“You really thought that I could sleep on a night like this?” she asked, ”No. there's too much sorrow in the Tower. Plus…well about before, I'm sorry. I know how you felt about her.”

“No, I'm sorry, I started it.”

“Mmm,” she gave a knowing nod and a smile, “well, let's just forget about that. We should try to get some sleep.”

“Hey Raven?” he asked as she got up. She turned and looked at him and he took a deep breath before continuing, “if you can't get to sleep, you're welcome to come in here. I'm a pretty heavy sleeper, so if you came in and fell asleep in the bottom bunk I wouldn't even notice.”

She considered his offer for a few minutes before giving him the pleasure of an answer. “Okay. Maybe a little change of scenery will help me fall asleep.” At least that cheered him up some, she noticed as he went back to the top and she crawled under the covers of the bottom bed.

My name is Terra. And I have done terrible things

Because of you I never stray too far from the sidewalk

I have sworn to serve a dark master

Because of you I learned to play on the safe side so I don't get hurt

I have obeyed his every command and committed crimes in his name

Because of you I find it hard to trust not only me but everyone around me

I have attacked and destroyed everyone who used to be my friend

Because of you I try my hardest just to forget everything

One by one, I have destroyed the Teen Titans

Because of you I don't know how to let anyone else in

And now, with no one left to stop me, I have brought an entire city to it's knees

Because of you I'm ashamed of my life because it's empty!

My name is Terra

Because of you I am afraid!

I have done horrible things

Because of you…

And I have absolutely no regrets

Because of you…

An hour later and the two of them were still awake.

“Raven?” Beast Boy said softly, staring at the ceiling.

“Yeah?” she answered, staring at the bottom of the bed he was in.

“Let's just forget sleep tonight.”

“Done.”

“So you wanna just…talk?”

“What do you think we're doing now?”

“Heh Heh yeah, well…what kind of music do you like?” he attempted.

She resisted saying “what kind of music do you think I like?” and instead said, “Pretty much anything besides rap, hip-hop, pop and that kind of stuff.”

“They're not so bad…”

“Have you seen the music videos for those things?! Ugh and I thought the music itself was bad! They make me want to kill myself!”

“Since when do you watch music videos? I thought you were always reading.”

“Then you should pay more attention. Sure, I read a lot but a little television here and there isn't going to kill me. And, well, since I like music a lot I'll go to a channel where I pray they'll be playing some good videos. Which they're usually not so then I'll start reading again.”

“I never expected you to be into that kind of stuff,” Beast Boy admitted.

“Hm, well, none of you know a great deal about me. None of you ever asked.” Her voice got quieter and her tone seemed to sadden with the last sentence. They were silent for a few minutes until Beast Boy broke it.

“Raven,” he said, “there's something you need to know.” She was now sitting up, letting her legs dangle off the side of the bed. Beast Boy climbed down and sat next to her. He looked nervous as he started down at his hands and twiddled his thumbs.

“Yeah?” she prodded, annoyance and impatience beginning to creep into her voice.

“Well, I've been thinking…” he started, “and really, I don't know how to tell you so I'm just gonna come out and say it. Raven, I know you probably hate me, but I l…I love you.” He winced a little and continued to stare at his now unmoving hands. Some things, including the mug of now cold, ever untouched tea, became surrounded by a black aurora and broke/exploded. Luckily, they were just small, unimportant things. Raven just started at him, her eyes wide and her mouth slightly ajar.

“Beast Boy,” she said so that he would turn to look at her. She said nothing more, though, but she did wrap her arms around him and press her lips to his. His eyes were wide with surprise for a moment, but a second or two later he closed his eyes and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer to him as he returned the kiss.

Not too much later, Raven was resting her head on Beast Boy's chest as he stroked her hair.

“Beast Boy?” she said softly.

“Yeah Rae?”

“I love you too.” she smiled, and nothing in the room broke.

“I know,” Beast Boy said, and smiled too.











AWWWW how cute! I luv romance tee hee. Well gimme your reviews on this story and I'll try to put up another story ASAP ~(I have another one finished but I dunno when I'll have time to type it heh heh)~ until next time PEACE OUT!!!

~~RavenGothGirl

Comments

Comments (18)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

RavenGothGirl on December 23, 2005, 3:27:42 AM

RavenGothGirl on
RavenGothGirlAnother chapter?.....well it's supposed to be a oneshot...we'll see. But I am gonna do a Kelly Clarkson Chapter Fic with this song so don't worry lolz

RaexBB_72sol on December 21, 2005, 10:12:06 AM

RaexBB_72sol on
RaexBB_72solMore. More. More. Please continue. I beg of you. Please continue. Well that's all. Great chapter. Write more.

RavenGothGirl on November 7, 2005, 7:04:36 AM

RavenGothGirl on
RavenGothGirlthis song brought tears to my eyes for months. Yet i never TECHNIQUALLY cried. I need a good cry, i havent cried in about a year.

Augustus on November 5, 2005, 2:55:28 AM

Augustus on
AugustusThe lyrics from the song were... well, painful!
But the story was touching. I don't know why I'm into this stuff. I like happy endings. ^^

RavenGothGirl on October 17, 2005, 7:08:52 AM

RavenGothGirl on
RavenGothGirlthankith thee!! ^^

reviews make my day better ^^

Inuranda_Hanyou on October 16, 2005, 9:34:34 AM

Inuranda_Hanyou on
Inuranda_HanyouI love it!

RavenGothGirl on September 30, 2005, 9:26:58 AM

RavenGothGirl on
RavenGothGirlTHANKS!!! *hugz to all*

Like I said, there's more in my lil profile-y thingi, so just click on meh name! I also reply to everything everyone sez at the stories they commented on, so check back for replies please!!!

123_raven_fan on September 26, 2005, 6:49:02 AM

123_raven_fan on
123_raven_fanwow plz write more its cool

RavenGothGirl on September 13, 2005, 8:54:11 AM

RavenGothGirl on
RavenGothGirlthx ^^ lolz

tk_the_gothic_graffitti_artist on September 11, 2005, 10:33:48 AM

tk_the_gothic_graffitti_artist on
tk_the_gothic_graffitti_artistthis story is like frosted flakes its grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrreat!!!!!!!!! lol