Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Waiting: Part II, Nature

Okay, so, the other day I was thinking (scary, huh?). I have no way to share my short stories other than creating a story thing for each. why not just have one whole 'story' for short stories? so, here we are. Just Because.

Chapter 6 - Waiting: Part II, Nature

Chapter 6 - Waiting: Part II, Nature
Waiting: Part II, Nature

Wind howling, windows rattling, he shivered in the corner, the cold forcing its way to every crevice of his body. He tucked his knees beneath his chin, his eyes staring down at his hands. The steel reflected blue in the evening gloom, showing his drawn features in the dim light, showing his bulging tears. He clutched at the steel, keeping it close to his legs, protecting him from the dark silhouette just in front of him.

The silhouette never moved, never breathed, never made a sound. But it’s very presence beckoned him, calling him. His body quaked, a shiver ran down his spine, and his eyes wavered for only a moment…

The torrent winds outside crashed through his window. His head snapped up at the sound, eyes full of fear, his tears falling upon the ground and the walls alike. The tempest slammed against him, pressing his body into the wall behind him. Something clattered to the ground at his feet, but was not heard over the howls of the winds.

Suddenly, the roof was torn from the walls, flying up into the dark sky. His eyes followed the roof until it was out of sight; until his eyes took on a sense of peace.

********************

Rummaging through the crumbled home, the rescue team found only an impaled body beneath a tee-pee of two walls. As she leaned her head against a wall, trying to calm her thrashing heart, her foot slid across the would-be floor, hitting something…and sending it skidding across the floor. When she looked up, her eyes fell upon a blue steel dagger with trace amounts of blood on the blade.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment