Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 13 - Gale

Okay, so, the other day I was thinking (scary, huh?). I have no way to share my short stories other than creating a story thing for each. why not just have one whole 'story' for short stories? so, here we are. Just Because.

Chapter 13 - Gale

Chapter 13 - Gale
Gale

With the wind blowing through your perfect hair, I can’t help but think you must be an angel. I know it’s a cliché thought, one best reserved for a sappy romance novel. Heh, and yet, that’s what this is, isn’t it? My thoughts area novel no one will ever read.

With you in my life, this is a sappy romance novel. Strangely, I’m alright with that. The sun shinning on your perfect curls, how the shadows play on your flushed cheeks, you are an angel sent to me by whatever god is watching.

Wouldn’t want to disappoint him, would we?

I smile and climb the grassy knoll to join you as you laugh with arms spread wide to greet the wind. I admit that I can’t help but laugh with you. You’re just so perfect.

***

“You’re hair is so much shorter,” I muse, brushing my fingers through your hair, “I miss your curls.”

You sigh. “I never had curls,” you say, shaking your head, “and my hair has never been long, if you’ll come back to reality.”

“But I remember you with long curls…you had long hair when we came here the first time…”

You sit up from the blanket, glaring down at me. Even though your hair is shorter, the wind still plays through it. I smile, thinking of your long hair. You look like an angel, even with short hair.

“This is our first time here,” you growl. “Stop thinking I’m her.”

I tilt my head. “What are you talking about? You’re scaring me, Angie.”

You stand, the summer dress I gave you blowing in the breeze.

“My name isn’t Angie,” you whisper, turning from me.

***

Opening my eyes, I’m greeted with thankful darkness and silence. I smirk into the dark.

“You won’t leave me, will you?” I whisper at the air.

The sheets move next to me and a hand snakes up to my chest. My eyes grow wide and I blindly reach for the lamp, knocking it over instead.

“Mmm…what’s wrong, sweetie?” a feminine voice murmurs into my ear as you snuggle closer.

“Uh…nothings wrong…” I whisper to you, trying to cover my terror. I see your eyes in the dark, glowing yellow as a cat’s.

“Sweetie, do you know who I am?”

“Y-yeah, your…R-Rachel…” I glance around, hoping to escape those eerie cat eyes.

I hear a sigh in the dark. “No, take another guess.”

“Uhm…A-Abie? T-Taylor? B-Becky?”

You don’t respond.

“A-Angie? Carlie? Lauren?”

No response.

“I…I don’t know!”

After a moment of silence, you say with the voice of reason, “Turn on the lights, lover.” I feel you sit up on the bed, moving away from me.

Slowly, I stand from the bed and run my hands over the walls, searching for the light switch. Near the door, I find it. With hesitant fingers, I flip the switch, but do not turn to face the bed.

“Turn around,” I hear you say.

I shake my head.

“Turn around.” There’s more force in your voice, but I still refuse.

Gale, turn around.” The use of my name slaps me back to reality. With slow, tentative movements, I turn around, setting eyes upon you.

“A…Angie?”

You smile. “No, lover. Angie, Rachel, Abie, Taylor, Becky, Carlie, and Lauren, they’re all dead. Remember who I am, Gale. I’ve been with you for twelve decades.”

Then it clicks. “L-Lilah?”

You nod, smiling.

And I collapse, my hands clasped around my head.

“Why do I see their faces?” I whimper, sudden tears springing to my eyes.

“Because it’s your fault.”

“No!” I scream, lunging at your throat, wrapping my hands around your thin neck. “No, no, no, no, NO! They’re not dead! They’re not, they’re not, they’re not!”

You smile, a strangled laugh escaping your lips.

“They can’t be dead! They’re alive, alive! I didn’t kill them! I couldn’t have! They’re all ALIVE!”

My eyes have closed, the tears spilling from my cheeks to yours.

“They’re not dead!”

A hand touches my shoulder, making me jump from you, pulling away from this new stranger and –

And your still body.

“Corpse, you mean,” says the stranger, as if reading my thoughts.

“Oh, god…” I cover my open mouth, looking away, tears streaming down my cheeks.

“God can’t help you, Gale,” the strange man smiles, his eyes holding some emotion I cannot read.

“Oh, god, oh, god…” my body shakes in spasms and shock.

The stranger laughs. “You should be used to it by now, Gale; you’ve done it before.”

“No…oh, god, no…”

“Oh, yes; same way, too.” He smirks.

“Oh god…I’m…am I…making the same mistake?”

“Over and over, Gale,” the stranger moves to one of the cushioned seats in the room, still wearing that smirk as he sits and crosses his legs. “You’ve given me a good number of dirty souls; all delicious, by the way. My compliments to the chef.”

My only response is my eyes widen in fear.

“You do know who I am, don’t you, Gale?”

I shake my head, tears still flowing.

The man’s smirk widens. He leans back his head and laughs. Tilting his head and eyes to stare at me, his voice rips my soul and mind in terror.

"I'm you."

Author's note: I LOVED WRITING THIS ONE. :D hehe, and i love re-reading it. Please leave a comment^____________^

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment