Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Part One (Hello Pinkie)

Ponies arrive in our world, but why? What force could possibly bring them here?

Chapter 1 - Part One (Hello Pinkie)

Chapter 1 - Part One (Hello Pinkie)
It was just another typical day in my Music Business class, and, like usual, I was doodling or writing instead of taking notes. The sun had just risen from its nightly gravesite as I wrote my name, Ryan, on my “notes”, and it gave the campus a vivid feeling of life. As I stared out the window to my right, the lecture on preforming rights organizations slowly faded to a whisper and my mind began to work. Something simply felt different, and although seeing massive amounts of people on the field was indeed different since we were just coming out of winter, that wasn’t what my mind had picked up on. Something inside my head was trying to convince me that today was no ordinary day, but I continued to shake that notion with a simple Of course, it’s a beautiful day, and I haven’t seen a nice and warm day for months. Eventually, I snapped back into reality as my professor called for the end of class with a video about a band he knew (probably due to the fact that one member had become a professor at our school as well). I happily marched out of the Massey business building into the sun with my black hoodie slung over my shoulder and a smile on my face, and I began my regular trek back to my room in Maple Hall. Before heading up the stairs to my floor, I noticed that the bell tower had just rung out the 11th hour of the day, and so I decided to open my mailbox in the off chance that someone wanted to show me how much they loved me. I say that jokingly since I never usually get mail unless I order something online which wasn’t the case recently. However, upon opening my mailbox, I found that someone had slid a blue package slip into it. With a gentle pull, I took the paper out of its nest and told myself that I’d put off my trip to the mail center until later that day since I was done with my classes for the day.

Upon arriving at my door, I was surprised to see a cardboard box sitting at the foot of my door. Seeing how unusual this was, I crouched and studied the number on the box that was given by the university’s mail center. Oddly, the number matched the one on the paper I had just received from my mailbox a few minutes earlier. Something about this box seemed quite peculiar to me, but I didn’t let that get to me. I quickly opened the box to find myself in the presence of a small creature with a rainbow mane. I leaned in to get a better look, and the realization finally hit me like a truck. I was staring at filly Rainbow Dash. After noticing this, I swiftly jumped to my feet and said to myself, “I’m either to drunk or too sober for this,” before adding, “I must’ve watched too much MLP last week.” Filly Dash’s eyes had drifted up towards me with a loving stare, and she inquisitively tilted her head as I tried to make sense of this. I had read My Little Dashie at some point, and I thought my active imagination was playing tricks on me again. But, then again, this seemed too real to be a figment of my imagination. I looked down at the box once more, and my eyes caught Dash’s stare. Looking into her eyes, I had decided that I’d bring the box inside just in case this turned out to be reality.

When I placed the box on my bed and sat down, Dash climbed out of it and curled up on my lap. “Dashie, oh Dashie, what is this all about?” is all I managed to ask as my mind slowly tried to grasp what was happening around me. The only thing Dash managed to say in return was an adorable “Daddy” to which I couldn’t help but smile. Within minutes of me sitting down, my phone started shouting Zebrahead’s ‘Death By Disco’ at me from somewhere in the room. I frantically searched my side of the room for my phone while Dash’s head followed my movements. When I finally found the source of the song, I answered the call to find out that my friend, Brandon, needed me. His only words were “Hey, yeah, you kind of have to come see this.” Since he lived just down the hall from me, I decided I could take a quick walk over there. I was about to walk out the door when I thought about the possible consequences of someone coming into my room and finding Dash. This could draw a lot of attention, possibly too much attention. “Dashie, you’re coming with me. You’re gonna meet Brandon!” I said enthusiastically as she crawled into my hooded sweatshirt and assumed her curled-up position from earlier.

It only took me a few seconds to arrive at Brandon’s door and to realize that things weren’t as normal as I first thought. Through the door, I heard a very loud yet familiar voice and I felt Dash’s ears twitch in response under my sweatshirt. Could it really be Pinkie Pie? Could Pinkie have arrived in the same fashion as Dash? I had been so absorbed in my thoughts that I had hardly noticed that Brandon had opened his door and was now standing before me. “Okay, before you come in, I have a question.” “Okay, what is it?” “Do you have any Ritalin…or anything that can calm down a hyperactive pink pony?” After this short exchange, my suspicions were confirmed. Pinkie Pie had somehow landed under Brandon’s care. “Ryan, what’s with that face?” he asked after I had taken a long pause. “You found Pinkie Pie, Brandon?” is all I asked. He countered “Yeah, why?” as I unzipped my sweatshirt to reveal a happy Rainbow Dash observing her new surroundings. I merely said, “…Because Rainbow Dash somehow found me.” Dash happily looked up at me and said, “I have the best daddy ever,” before curling up once more. “I guess I’m not the only crazy one around here, am I?” I joked. “Crazy?” Pinkie shouted, “You’re not loco in the coco, silly! Well, unless you are, but I wouldn’t know that. I mean, I’m only Pinkie Pie. Oh, I never introduced myself! I’m Pinkemina Pie!” Hearing her rapid and excited voice, I glanced around before catching her bouncing on Brandon’s bed. “She’s been talking like that for at least an hour, man. It’s insane,” Brandon told me with a tired sigh.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment