Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Part 2 (Loud Noises)

Ponies arrive in our world, but why? What force could possibly bring them here?

Chapter 2 - Part 2 (Loud Noises)

Chapter 2 - Part 2 (Loud Noises)
I laughed off Brandon’s complaint and followed up with a somewhat reassuring, “Well, I’m stuck with Dashie, so I guess Pinkie is all yours, my friend!” Meanwhile, Dash has managed to squirm out from under the waistband of my sweatshirt, and her resulting fall made my head quickly jerk downwards. By the time my eyes had reached the ground, however, she was already back on her feet and on her way towards Pinkie Pie who was still hopping around the bed. I eyed Dash as she tried her best to flutter up onto the bed with her small, developing wings. After a few minutes of wing fluttering and a handful of attempts, she finally made it on top of the bed and was now watching Pinkie’s erratic bouncing with a look of great interest. “Hi! My name is Rainbow Dash,” she told Pinkie with a large smile on her face. Pinkie brought her bouncing to a stop and trotted over to Dash before observing the pegasus filly that stood before her. Pinkie’s face began to contort into various expressions as she attempted to contain all of the speech that was ready to break down the floodgates and come out of her mouth. Then she let out an extremely large gasp, and we all braced ourselves for the incoming storm of words and vocal inflections.

“Hi! My name is Pinkemina Pie, but everyone calls me Pinkie! Ooooohhh you have wings! Can you fly? You must be a pegasus pony! I’ve never met a pegasus pony! In fact, I haven’t even seen any other ponies around here, but now I know you! We’re gonna be the best friends ever!” Pinkie said loudly with very few pauses to breathe. I took this time to look at Brandon with eyes that seemed to say Well, isn’t this adorable? before using my head to notify him the I wanted to talk on the other side of his room. It took him a second, but he eventually took to hint and cantered over to the corner of the room opposite of the two ponies who were now playfully running around the bed. My voice had changed in tone and volume from when I previously spoke. I now spoke with a sense of urgency and in a hushed tone so I didn’t alarm the happy Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. “What’s going on here?” I asked. “Wait, are you seriously asking me? I don’t know a thing,” was what Brandon managed to reply with. Being one of my best friends in the college, I knew he wouldn’t hide anything from me. I knew he would tell me something of this magnitude. But still, something bothered me, and I could feel it in the pit of my stomach.

The notes and chords of “Death by Disco” sprang from my pocket just as my mind began to wander, and I immediately jumped in response. Brandon and the two ponies stopped what they were doing and stared directly at me. The only voice I head following the intense stare-down was Dashie’s with a worried “D-daddy…are you okay?” The poor filly looked scared to death, and I wasn’t sure how to answer her question. In fact, now that I thought about it, I didn’t understand why she kept calling me ‘Daddy’. I had just found her at my doorstep only about thirty minutes prior to the present time, and I didn’t even do anything important. Perhaps the only reason I’m concerned about such a trivial matter is due to the lack of realism in my life. I thought I was crazy thirty minutes ago, and I’m still strongly holding onto that possibility. “Y-yeah, Dashie, I’m alright,” I answered with a nervous laugh, “I just didn’t expect my phone to go off!” What a blatant lie, Ryan, I thought to myself, Let’s just hope she understands. As I picked up my phone to answer my caller, Dash let out a sigh of relief, and life went back to being normal. Well, as normal as it can be when little ponies arrive at your doorstep, I guess.

Immediately after putting the phone to my ear, I happily heard a familiar voice. “Trevor, is that you, man?” I inquired. Trevor responded with, “Yeah. But I don’t have time to make small talk right now. I need to see you as soon as you can get over here,” and judging by his voice, he shared my confusion and sense of urgency. In the background, I heard somepony say something about Magic Kindergarten. Knowing what was going on, I laughed quite audibly and told him that I’d be right over to help him to which he thanked me before hanging up. I looked at Brandon, thanked him for sharing this magical discovery with me, and then beckoned for Dash to once again climb into my sweatshirt. She looked at Pinkie, and I assured them that they’d see each other again sometime soon. After all of our goodbyes were said, and Dash was safely nested under my sweatshirt, the two of us set off for Trevor’s room, wondering what pony awaited us there.

While Brandon and I (and by extension, our two visitors) lived in Maple hall, Trevor lived within the walls of Hail hall, but that building was located only a few feet behind Maple. The more modern look of Maple hall was a sharp contrast of the older building style that Hail showcased. I have to admit, the Maple-style rooms were indeed nicer than the Hail-style rooms, but that’s only my opinion as a Mapling. A Hail-ite would most likely tell you otherwise, but that’s not necessarily important. I chose take the back route that led directly from the rear of Maple hall to the back of Hail hall specifically to avoid the construction that was constantly occurring in front of Maple. If Dashie heard the noise coming from the construction of the new law building, I just knew I’d feel her little ears twitch as she tried to poke her head out of the neck of my sweatshirt to see what the source of these new sounds was.

Within minutes of my departure, I had arrived at the door to Trevor’s dorm, and as I lifted my hand to knock on the wooden door, I stopped and listened to what was going on inside. Dashie quickly followed suit, but I didn’t mind because I could still keep her hidden at this point. I heard Trevor’s voice speaking with a somewhat soothing inflection as if he was trying to comfort something. How unusual was my first thought, but then I realized that my whole day had consisted of a long string of very unusual events, I decided to let it go. Still intently listening to the one-sided conversation that was going on in the room, I forgot about knocking, and pushed the door open.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment