Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Part 5 (Tomorrow Never Dies)

Ponies arrive in our world, but why? What force could possibly bring them here?

Chapter 5 - Part 5 (Tomorrow Never Dies)

Chapter 5 - Part 5 (Tomorrow Never Dies)
"Aloha!" a cheerful voice called out to us from the darkness, drenched in a Hawaiian accent. Collectively, our five pairs of eyes locked their gazes on a cloaked figure that couldn't have been more than four feet tall. The tone in my blue eyes shifted from fire to ice as I quickly analyzed the figure that stood before us. My icy eyes darted to and fro across the body of the shrouded figure as I noted every little detail. It was another pony, but this time, it was a fully-grown one. After that realization, I felt a certain familiarity within that out-of-place Hawaiian accent, but I couldn't quite figure out why.

Disappointed at the lack of a response, the voice called out once more. "Is anyone out there'" I looked up at the dismal sky and scoffed at the cheerfulness that the voice put forth. My body never did enjoy waking up before sunrise, but I couldn't deny the supernatural force that seemed to affect all of us that had been given fillies.

"What do you need'" I barked. "What could possibly compel you to drag us out here so early in the morning'" I continued, a hint of sarcasm tainting my voice. My friends simply stared at me with expressions of confusion and disapproval, but I kept speaking. "Are you here to give us some answers," I began to shout, my voice now saturated with sarcasm, "…or do you just need someone to chat with'"
"Please restrain your hot-headed friend," the accented voice commanded. My friends were quick to comply, but they did so in fear that this mysterious figure was capable of much more than act as a psychic magnet. "Thank you for that. He was beginning to worry me a little bit," the voice sighed.

Finally Blees asked "So, why are we all here' It has to be something important, right'" Glancing over at him, I saw his face contort into an expression of worry and slight fear as he spoke. "It isn't every day that a filly Applejack just happens to appear in your life. Something weird is going on, and I'd really like to know what it is." After Blees, the rest of my friends calmly spoke about their concerns, but with a wave of a hoof, the shrouded figure silenced all of them.

The hidden pony glanced at me and asked, "Are you done now'" to which I merely sighed and nodded. "Good! Now, I suppose I should explain what's going on around here." The five of us leaned in close to ensure that we could clearly hear every word that flowed from the pony's lips. "I have been sent by the Great Princess Celestia to deliver a message that could determine the fate of your world. Fifteen years in the future, on Nightmare Night, a harbinger of darkness will arrive to plunge the world into an eternal night. If my research was correct, I believe that an eternal night will destabilize your 'food chain'," the pony began. Upon mentioning the harbinger of darkness, our little fillies tried their best to press themselves close to our bodies. "A few years prior to her arrival, however, you will be tested by a threat to order and reality as you know it."

I raised my hand in an attempt to call for silence and to draw attention to myself. Luckily, it worked, and the shrouded pony nodded in my direction, acknowledging my presence. "You expect us to save the world," I began, picking up little Dashie, "with these'" Underneath the pony's hood, I saw a faint smile spread across his face before the Hawaiian accent started to flow once more. "Yes, I do. In fact, you're the only five that could possibly save your world from a threat like this," he said, his voice echoing through the air around us. I chimed in yet again, "Do you mind explaining all of this to us' I can assure you that I'm not the only one who's confused here."

"Certainly, Ryan!" the pony shouted enthusiastically. "To put it simply, you and your friends are all conduits for the power of the Elements of Harmony. In other words, your bodies act as amplification systems for the Elements that these ponies represent."
Blees inquisitively raised an eyebrow and asked our guest, "Forgive me, but how are we 'amplifiers' for the power of the Elements of Harmony'"

"Well, Blees, you are all representations of the virtues of the Elements, and, therefore, you magnify the power that each Element can output on its own!"

I tilted my head to the side and questioned the pony as well. A hint of worry crept through my voice as I spoke. "First of all, who are you' Second…we never introduced ourselves to you, so how do you know his name'"

"You can call me Ocean Serenity, and I know all of your names," the pony proudly stated before he pointed at each of us as he uttered our names and what Element we were affiliated with.

"Let's see…there's Blees, the embodiment of Honesty, Trevor, the man of Magic, Brandon, the giver of Laughter, Fang, the spirit of Generosity, and…oh my," he paused before stating my name. "Well, Ryan, you sure are an interesting one. You're the home of Loyalty and Kindness!" Ocean stared at me with a look that seemed to blend intrigue and excitement. My only response was a slight shrug of apathy, but it would have to do for the moment.

Brandon, petting the frightened Pinkie Pie, asked Ocean, "Wait, Mister Serenity, doesn't that make him like one of those overpowered original characters' That's kind of unfair!"

Ocean Serenity merely shook his head and mentioned that being an amplifier for two Elements of Harmony is quite a dangerous job. He then went on to explain that my life would be in jeopardy once the Elements kicked into overdrive and were forced to use our bodies due to my heart disorders. Apparently, I react in a variety of ways from fainting to dying on the spot after the Elements used my body. I didn't have a choice. The decision was made for me by powers beyond my control.

I sheepishly began to run my hand through my fauxhawk when Trevor broke the silence by solemnly asking, "You mean…we can't save Ryan'" It was a foolish question because we all knew deep within us that something would happen to me, and there was nothing anybody could do to prevent it from occurring. Every single one of us became solemn and quiet, looking at the grass below us for some sort of solace. Unfortunately, there was no comfort to be found anywhere. There was no safety in the sky, and no hope in our hearts. In the end, there was a good chance that I would play the role of a martyr…that I would die for the future of every single living thing on the face of this planet.

Without saying a word, I pivoted and began my trek back to the door of my residence hall. Unlike the walk up to Ocean Serenity, this walk seemed so much longer. In fact, it almost felt endless to me after hearing of my probably fate at the end of the 15-year period. Ocean's accented voice called out to me once more, and I slowly picked my head up to show that he had my attention. Due to my declining emotional condition, all I head was a soft "Stay positive, Ryan. Things will work out," before the voice faded off into oblivion.

Within a matter of minutes, I had dragged myself up to my room once again, and I was now standing in front of my lofted bed, looking out at my human and pony friends. Not a word was spoken and not a motion was made. We all stood around my room, staring at each other in disbelief. I was most likely going to die, but I couldn't allow my fear to burst through the seams of my brave and somewhat reckless personality. I couldn't let them see me cry. I wouldn't let them see me cry.

Finally, Blees spoke up. He had been staring at the ground more than the rest of us, and so all of our heads perked up when we heard his voice. "Ryan…we can't lose you…you're our friend," he said, steadily gaining volume as he went on, "If you die, then it would be like part of us died as well!" Hearing one of my friends speak like that made my emotions explode. I turned to face the bed and rested my arm and head on its frame, closing my eyes.

I tried to push back my emotions, but my body wouldn't allow that anymore. A single tear slid down my face before plummeting to the floor below me. Dashie and Fluttershy were immediately by my side to comfort me, and my friends quickly joined them. Dashie used her wings to place herself directly in front of me on the bed before curling up next to me as if trying to tell me that she'd always be there for me without using words. Fluttershy silently sat to my right and proceeded to stare at me with eyes that were full of love. When I saw my two fillies trying to comfort me, my quiet streams of tears became rivers of them, and I began to sob.

This moment of emotional weakness in me brought fear into my friends as well. Applejack had been hiding behind her abnormally large hat, Rarity had been openly crying, and Twilight had hidden under my roommate's bed. Pinkie, however, was running to and fro trying to bring cheer and happiness back into the lives of her friends. Upon realizing the severity of the situation, however, her hair magically straightened, and she simply sat down, replacing her words with tears. My human friends were visibly unsettled by the news that they had just been told, but they were trying their best to not show me just how worried they were. They tried to fake their smiles as they went to find their fillies to calm them down.

Although we were all gathered in my room at that very moment, I had never felt more alone or more frightened. Dashie and Fluttershy could sense it since they had a psychic-like connection with me due to my affiliation with their Elements of Harmony, and that's why they refused to leave my side. I continued to stand there, sobbing uncontrollably, wondering what would become of me and if this was all worth my death.

END - ACT I
[/size][/b]

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment