Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the Memories

A teenaged girl finds a boy who had saved her as a child. She thinks he's cute, then finds out that his father was one of the firebenders that killed her mom and ruined her home. Does her opinion change?

Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the Memories

Chapter 1 - The Beginning of the Memories
Part one: The Beginning of the Memories
It was late autumn, and the markets and farms were closing up for the winter. Rioki no longer had a steady source of income because she was a farmhand, and she was losing weight fast. She was used to starving, but if she got any thinner she would become even sicker. She missed her home, and her mother who could heal her, but she couldn't go back. No amount of rebuilding would restore the life she lost. Rioki sighed nostalgically, and curled up tighter in her ragged shawl. She had tried to help with odd jobs all over the bustling town, but nobody needed any help. Rioki was out of options for room and board, and she had no money. She wrapped as warm as she could, then sat up rigidly.
~Flashback~ A shrill whimper was heard as a small girl tumbled over the sharp cliff. But she didn't fall to her dearth. A strong male hand reached out and caught her, then helped her up to the top. The girl lay there on the rock for a moment to catch her breath, then looked up.
"Who are you?" She asked, but before the boy could answer, a painful cry echoed out over the rocks, harshly mocked by the gulls floating above the bay. Rioki caught her breath. "Mother!"

[/b]

Comments

Comments (4)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Rioki_Lilac on April 24, 2006, 9:37:50 AM

Rioki_Lilac on
Rioki_LilacOK, I have something to admit: I kinda stole the bigger part of chapter two from a book I read once called Rowan Hood. I stole the best part of the scene don't kill me for copyrighting please oh please! *prays to the literary dieties* And I can't post my next part or fix either of these parts and I lost my stream of thought so I might just cancel it.... *gets mobbed*

Destiny_Queen on April 17, 2006, 3:03:37 AM

Destiny_Queen on
Destiny_QueenGood going Becky! It's awesome. BTW- DON'T call me DesQ!

Rioki_Lilac on April 15, 2006, 1:59:56 PM

Rioki_Lilac on
Rioki_LilacAnd to those of you who care? The boy is NOT Zuko. It is a boy named Hayan.

bijoukaiba on February 27, 2006, 5:46:19 AM

bijoukaiba on
bijoukaibaCool stuff