Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - What's wrong?

Robin first meets Starfire, but is it happly ever after?

Chapter 2 - What's wrong?

Chapter 2 - What's wrong?


When we got to T-Tower, I thanked her for the lift, and she thanked me for letting her stay there. I was a little nervous of how the team would react to her...especially Raven. Raven and Starfire were the exact opposites of each other. Starfire seemed bright and cheery, and Raven was dark and gloomy. I didn't think Raven would take to her like the rest of the team might. When we got inside, Starfire just stood there with a big smile on her face. "I'll be right back, just wait right here." When I went into the living room, I saw everyone doing what they usually do. Cyborg and Beast Boy were playing Gamestion, and Raven was on the floor reading her book. "Hey Titans, there's someone here I'd like you all to meet," I said. They all looked up at me, and just stared. Beast Boy and Cyborg went back to their game, and Raven went back to her book. I was agetated. "So who is it?" Cyborg asked while concentrating on the game. "She's at the door," I said. Beast Boy, Cyborg, and Raven all looked at me and said, "She?!"

They all looked at me as if they had never heard the word 'she' before. I called Starfire into the living room, so the team could meet her. When she came in, she had an even bigger smile on her face, and she floated in there. "Oh, your home is so big and wonderful!" she shouted. "Uh, thanks," I replied. "I am Starfire!" she said with excitement as she made her way towards Cyborg and Beast Boy. "I'm Cyborg." "And I'm Beast Boy." Beast Boy had seemed to be drooling while he was looking at her. I looked at him as if my eyes,(well mask) were telling him to stop. Then Starfire, went over to Raven. Raven was still reading her book, acting like Starfire wasn't there. I could tell she didn't like her. "I am Star-" "I already heard you," cut in Raven. "What book are you reading?" asked Starfire in an extremely polite way. "Nothing you would be interested in," snapped back Raven. "Starfire, how about I show you to the guest-room?" I asked. I didn't want Raven to attack her or something. "Um, okay. Thank you Robin." I still loved the way she said my name.

When we were going up the stairs, I was explaining why Raven was being so rude. "Beast Boy would say she's creepy, but I'd rather not refer to her as that. There's alot things we still don't really know about her. She doesn't like to talk about herself much." "Oh," replied Starfire. After the conservation just died. When we got to the guest-room, I told her, "If you ever get lost, just call me on this, okay?" I had handed her one the Teen Titan communicators, that way we could keep in touch. "Ok. Thank you again for letting me stay here," she said once more. "For 13th time, your welcome." I liked really liked Starfire. I had liked her alot. I could really be myself around her, even though I had just met her earlier that day. "Well, it's kinda late. I better get to bed," I said. "Ok," she said. "Goodnight." "Goodnight." As I was going down the hall to my room, I heard Beast Boy talking to Cyborg. He was saying, "Cyborg, did you get a look at her? Do you think I might have a chance with her?" In my mind, I was saying, "Beast Boy, you wouldn't have a chance with another shape-shifter." I started to head to my door, but then I thought, "Should I go see if Raven is okay?" I decided to go for it, and went into the living room.

"Hey,are you okay? I mean, is everything alright?" I aksed her while slowly approaching. "Fine. Just fine." she replied, not taking an eye off her book. "So, what do you think of Starfire so far?" After I said that, she just stared at me. "What so I think of her? Honestly?" "Now that you put it that way, I don't wanna know." I said. "No, you asked me, so I'm gonna tell you. She's so happy, and bright, and then I'm me. If she joins the team, everyone's going to be noticing her, and forget all about me, and I'll be shut out, and forced to quit the team. Then who knows what else might happen? I know!!! And it's not good! So go ahead if you want. Let her join, but it'll be your future Robin." Then, she stomped out of the living room,and went into her room. I just stood there, thinking about the last thing she said. 'It'll be your future Robin.' That kind of frightend of me. I already didn't know her that well, and then she just starts taling about whats going to happen if Starfire joins the team. I was shivering.

I knew Raven was dark, and very private; thats the thing that my scared me. Was she going to hurt me? I didn't know, but I tried to avoid her ever since that night.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment