Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Chapter 2: Reasons

An ancient evil once again threatens the land...


Gotta give special thanks to my friends, canigetawitness101, rokusurfsword, and my friend-who's-not-on-here, Devin.

Chapter 3 - Chapter 2: Reasons

Chapter 3 - Chapter 2: Reasons
Chapter 2: Reasons

As they walked through the enourmas palace halls, they each wondered to themselves what the reason was for their being there. They were lead into another large rectangular room, simalarly decorated as the throneroom. However, going down the center of it was an extensive table covered with just about every type of food one could imagine. Meats, vegetables, fruits, it was all there on the table. The Masterseyah and Dragonlady occupied the ornate chairs at the end of the table. The stern man, whom the gang figured was a body guard, took the seat next them, while the kids sat down in the less fancy chairs down one side of the table. Since Joonasu and Dragonlady began eating quietly, so did the gang. They didn't speak a word, except maybe to ask for something out of reach.
Although still quite confused, they dared not ask why they were brought here yet, but continued to enjoy the "feast" while it lasted. Andoryuu, notorious for spacing out, started staring at his clear glass of water. Before he could delve too deep into his thoughts, however, he noticed the water rippling slightly. He wondered what could be causing it to do so, because there was no stirring in the air. Just then, a shrill roar filled the hall, and a mighty red dragon burst through the great wooden doors. All, except the Masterseyah, Dragonlady, and bodyguard, jumped out of their seats in great shock. The dragon lunged at them, but they scattered and it crashed into the table. Joshu quickly grabbed a pie that just barely managed to stay in one piece. He threw it at the dragon's eye as hard as he could, and it splattered across it's face. The dragon became distracted, and in a blind rage began randomly spewing fire from it's mouth. Eeron saw this moment as an opportunity; leaped onto the dragon's lower back, and made his way onto the dragons shoulders. The dragon didn't have horns, but instead glittering white feathers. He decided to wonder about this later, and gripped his hands tightly around the dragon's feathers. He yanked hard on them and the dragon gave a roar of pain. Finally, after riding the dragon as if it were a bucking bronco, Eeron succeded in calming it. The dragon relaxed and fell silent as Dragonlady stood clapping. Masterseyah also stood and congratulated them, "You have done well. You are all still alive, and have thus passed this test." Riiana glared at him, "'This test?' You mean this was only a test? But for what?" Various servants entered the room to clean up the mess, while Joonasu motioned for them to follow him. They were again lead to another room full of comfortable seats in which they sat. Joonasu spoke to them, and told them the story of the Juu-Go-Hodo. He told them of how it had once threatened the land, but a mysterious hero had sealed it away.

"Lemme guess," Hezza spoke up, "This 'Juu-Go-Hodo' is back, and is ready wreak some vengance?"
"That is correct," replied Dragonlady, "And we have chosen you to stop it." They all looked at eachother for a moment, and Hanna exclaimed, "Why us?! We're just a bunch of kids!" The rest of the group nodded in agreement. "I understand you aren't adults yet, but we have been watching you all, and we admire your stealth, and you each have potential to become great warriors." He rose from his seat, as did the bodygaurd. Joonasu pointed to him and said, "This is Ryoushi Deivisu. You may call him Mentor. He will be training you to further your skills. You'll need them if you are to overcome the feirce trials that lay ahead." Mentor nodded and added, "It is late. You must all go to your rooms and rest, for tommorow, you will begin a month long training program led by me. Laziness will not be tolerated, so you better be up bright and early. With that, I bid you all goodnight." He made a slight bow, and headed out the door. Various servants showed the others to their rooms as well. Anxious though they were, getting a good night's sleep was not difficult. The beds were softer then feathers, and the sounds of the crickets through the windows was as a sweet lullaby. They needed this sleep too, for the next day would begin a tiresome cycle of training that would soon wear them all to no end.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

CanIGetAWitness101 on January 18, 2006, 10:02:37 PM

CanIGetAWitness101 on
CanIGetAWitness101lol. so cool!