Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4: Chocobo

An ancient evil once again threatens the land...


Gotta give special thanks to my friends, canigetawitness101, rokusurfsword, and my friend-who's-not-on-here, Devin.

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4: Chocobo

Chapter 5 - Chapter 4: Chocobo
Chapter 4: Chocobo

Everyone was startled when they woke up, not because anything in their rooms was different then before, but because Mentor hadn't burst in to wake them at the crack of dawn. Eventually they were all gathered in the dining room. There was breakfast set out on the table, but neither the rulers, nor Mentor were there. There weren't plates for them either. Confused, the group sat down to eat while discussing what was going on.
"So where do you think they all went?" Andoryuu asked.
"I dunno, but it must've been important for all three of them to leave without telling us. There aren't even any servants around." Hanna responded after swallowing some toast. They decided to look around the palace to see if they could find any hint of what might've happened. Eventually, they came across a room that looked different from the others. Rather then ornate furniture, there was just a small orb on a pedestal in the center of the room. Something about this orb intrigued them. Slowly, they moved closer to it. As they did, a dark force seemed to fill the air. They felt strange, but good at the same time. They felt as if they possesed great, immeasurable power, while an even mightier force emenated from the black crystal ball. They wanted this energy. They would kill each other over this power. Suddenly, a familiar voice broke them from their dark trance.
It was Joonasu. He walked into the room and put a thick cloth over the orb, "You lot aren't supposed to be in here. This door was supposed to be locked." He hurried them out and warned them, "That ball is a dark relic. You are never to speak of it, or even think of it again. Do you understand?" A hint of anger was in his voice, but he tried to keep his calm. The group nodded in obediance, but Eeron asked, "If it's so evil, why do you have it here in the first place? And where was everybody this morning?" Joonasu responded, "We have it so as to keep it from falling into the wrong hands. As for your other question, me and Dragonlady were," he hesitated for a moment, "taking a walk. Mentor was getting ready for your next test. I suggest you go see him out in the courtyard." They immediately headed for the courtyard, glad for their chance to escape the presence of the Masterseyah.

They found Mentor strapping on some gloves in the courtyard. Next to him were a few large bird-like creatures. "These are called chocobos. They are fast, agile creatures found only in Lanif Ysatnaf. Sometime during your journey, you may have to ride one of these, so it's important that you know how." He hopped on a cream colored one, and said, "If any of you have ever riden horses, you'll know how to mount these things. Go ahead and do so." They each mounted a chocobo and grabbed the reigns. He then instructed them in how to get their chocobos to move, and how to steer and stop them. After that, he lead them to a mini-obstacle course where they rode their chocobos around and over various objects such as logs or pits. The group managed to pass through the course fairly easily, however, Riiana's bird tripped over a rather large stone she had overlooked. The bird fell to the ground with a loud squawk and started madly flapping it's wings, while Riiana hit the ground face first. Despite her mildly bleeding nose, she determinedly helped her panicking chocobo up and finished the course.
Mentor congraluated them, especially Riiana for her determination, and wished them a good night, saying they will need all the rest they can get for the next day's test. As they headed back to their rooms, they discussed how boring the chocobo riding seemed to be compared to what they had imagined. "I sure hope tommorow is a lot more interesting, because today was a waste. I mean, come on, riding chocobos?! When do we get our weapons?" Joshu complained.
"Perhaps that will be tommorow? That is our third test out of four after all." said Hezza.
"Yeah, and he was giving us something easy today, so we wouldn't be exhausted tommorow!" Andoryuu concurred.
"That better be the case, because anymore of this boring stuff, and I'm outta here." Eeron said. With that, they bid eachother goodnight, and headed for their beds, hopeful tommorow would bring more excitement.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment