Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

The Tale of a young teenage girl named Jade, who lost her parents to a group of enimies that call themselves "Illusion". Now...she has a rather weird adventure in front of her.

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1

Chapter 1 - Chapter 1
A sack of silver made contact with the palm of her hand. An elderly voice spoke. "This is barely enough of what I owe you. Thanks to you, I am able to finish work in peace. 'Tis a shame to see you go." The voice came from an aged man, who was quite short, and an extremly wrinkled face. The mayor of the town.
As a young girl pocketed the money, she replied with "It's been my pleasure." The girl had beautiful, raven black, waist long hair, extremly pale skin, and blood red eyes. She wore a dress that reached all the way down to her knees, and was layered in diffrent warm colors to resemble a fire. She had a simple leather satchel slung over her shoulder, and a sheath for a sword by her side. This girl was a mercenary, a traveler who protected the towns and cities she came by...for a price.

The girl's name was Jade, a youth born in a community full of theives, thugs, and well, not nice people. Once she was old enough to walk properly, her parents took her and left the town to find a more civilized lace to live. They became mercenarys, and were quite sucessful for a few years, until they were killed on a job. According to what Jade was told, her parents were killed by members of an organization called "Illusion". For 5 years, she was raised in a town near the place where her parents died. The town's name was Velena Village, a small, peaceful, and friendly village that welcomed Jade with open arms. The Mayor of the Village, Mayor Richards, made sure Jade received plenty of attention and was raised properly. He also held onto the money her parents had when they got killed. It was like that until Jade was 10, when the Mayor told her every detail of what happened to parents, and the organization Illusion. He had told Jade that she ought to start practicing with fighting, for it may be needed someday. The village blacksmith made a sword out of pure silver, just for her. For the next 2 years, Jade had practiced her sword fighting skills. She was a little shaky at first (and has the scars to prove it), but she grew to be a fine swordswoman. But that still wasn't enough to prepare her for the day Illusion invaded Velena Village, obviously after the fortune Jade's parents had left behind. They forced Mayor Richards to give up the money, or they would personally kill everyone in town. The Mayor gave them the money right away. In the end, no one was harmed, but Jade always wondered what would have happened if the Mayor didn't cave in so easily.

Shortly after the attack on Velena Village, Mayor Richards had to send Jade out on the road, to support herself. It was the village people's demand. They protested that Illusion would come back, just because Jade was in the village. Obviously, the people of the village were petrified of the organization. So, the Mayor had no choice but to send the 12 year old girl out to live on her own. In about 3 days of walking, Jade found a town being harrassed by a band of Thugs, and offered to help the town out with her sword skills. Within a few days, the thugs had been run out of the town, and the people gave her a good amount of money as a thanks. It reminded Jade of her mother and father, the mercenaries that did jobs that she just did. For the next 2 years, Jade did just the same, offering her services for money, and earned herself somewhat of a reputation. Also, over the years, she has hardened and became a bit more quiet than the little girl that used to live in Velena Village. She grew a bit cold-hearted, and hard to trust anybody.

And now, Jade has made one promise to herself: She will get revenge for her parent's death. At all costs.


Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment