Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

The Tale of a young teenage girl named Jade, who lost her parents to a group of enimies that call themselves "Illusion". Now...she has a rather weird adventure in front of her.

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2

Chapter 2 - Chapter 2
"Honestly, you showed up just at the right time. We only just recently started getting terrorized by those scoundels, and the there has been a rumor of needing to call the army! Hah, to think of that!". Jade followed silently, behind the overly-social woman guiding her to the quarters she would live in while helping the town of Hidaku. It was a pretty urban town, walls mainly made of bricks, and a good amount of residents lived in trailer homes. Jade couldn't imgaine what theives would want here. "Well, here we are. Do you need any more assistance?"

Jade, who had been staring at the ground all this time, looked up. She wasn't suprised to see the small house was made out of bricks. By the looks of it, it's been there for a while. Moss was growing on the bricks. It was also one story high. Jade gave a shake of her head to the woman, and went inside.

One large room and a bathroom. Whatever. Jade carelessly threw her rucksack to the side, layed down on the bed, and then next thing she knew, she was asleep.

Around 4 hours later, 3 loud knocks were heard on the door. Jade groaned. She absolutly hated getting up after sleeping. Rubbing her eyes, she walked lazily over to the door, and opened it.

"Are you Jade? The town sent me over to ask you for help...". A boy, who looked around Jade's age, stood at the door. He had dark blue hair, with bangs that stuck out a bit. He was fairly tall, with a black collared leather jacket and biege cargo pants. He had a bow slung across his back, with a stock of arrows at his left side. Clearly, this boy was an archer. "Already?", Jade replied after yawning a bit. The boy nodded. "There's some bandits harrassing folks downtown. The town's miltia is on training right now. So, can you help us?"

Jade sighed. Might as well, there's nothing else to do. She nodded, and went back into the house to get her sword. When she came back out, she heard the boy's voice say "Ready to go? I'm gonna help with the fighting, so we're headed to the same place." After Jade nodded, the boy smiled. "Good. Name's Kykuari, (A/N-Ky-koo-are-ee XD),by the way, but mostly everybody calls my Ky. Let's get going..."

As Jade and Ky walked through the center of Hikadu, Jade noticed how empty the town was. They must be frighted of bandits, Jade thought. Some houses had boarded up windows and doors. Others had "Go away" signs hanging from their doors.

When Ky stopped and told her that they were in downtown Hikadu, Jade didn't see anything wrong at first. But then she saw the broken windows and open doors swinging in the wind on some houses. Then she heard faint yelling and commotion coming from a house northeast of her. Apperantly Ky noticed it as well, and signaled her to follow him to the house. The 2 of them leaned against a wall, listening to what was going on inside the house. Ky nodded. "Yeah, thats the bandits alright. There's probably a family hiding deep inside the house somewhere, too. How about, we go in, you try to find the people, and I take care of the bandits?"

Jade thought over the plan. "Depends on how much bandits there are." Then she only realised she heard 2 diffrent voices. "Forget what I just said, it sounds like a good plan. Try getting them from behind, though." Ky nodded once more, and they headed to the open doors of the house. On the inside, the hallway split into 2 paths. "You take the left path, and hopefully find the people, and I'll go to the right to get to the bandits. Remember to stay quiet" Ky whispered, and then fully opened the door. Jade silently walked to the left. Any minute now, she would probably hear more noise. She hoped Ky would do a good job of eliminating the bandits; this would be more challenging to do this on her own. Jade wound up in a large room, with a couch, TV, and a few children toys laying on the ground. Jade heard slight whimpering coming from a closet. She walked over, close to the location where the noise came from, and stood still. Nothing. She opened up the closet door. 2 children were inside, a boy and a girl. They looked somewhat like twins. Jade quickly picked both of them up, and to her surprise, they didn't fight back. As she placed them on the couch, Jade asked them "Do you know where your Mom and Dad are?". The girl twin shook her head. "Mommy and Daddy ran away when mean people came into house."

Jade was a little shocked at her response. A mother and father, running away, leaving there children to die at the hands of the bandits? Suddenly, Jade heard a bandit almost screaming, and the door shutting violently. A few seconds later, Ky walked into the room. "They won't be coming back any time soon." He walked over to the couch, and saw the twins. "Ah, thought so...Where are the parents?" "Gone. Went out of the house when the bandits came" Jade shook her head sadly.

Then the door was heard in motion again, and a woman's voice called "Oh...My house! It's ruined!". The twins suddenly jumped up and ran out of the room, with happy expressions on their face. Jade and Ky froze on the spot. Now that the bandits ran away, and they were the only one in the house that was a mess...Ky spoke up."Jade, when we get banned from the town, we can go to my Uncle's house, on the outskirts of town. He's an inventor and has a ton of weird gizmos in his place."

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment