Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Almost Perfect Party

Lilly had a happy life until her 14th birthday when her world was fliped in side out. Can she get out of this stituation with out being hurt for life? Read the story and find out.
There are many spelling and grammer mistakes.

Chapter 5 - Almost Perfect Party

Chapter 5 - Almost Perfect Party
Lilly had a great time with Bret. After Jake, left Lilly felt a little bad, but she was too embarrassed to talk to him about what happened. Bret and her went to the park and watched a football game. Actually Bret watched and Lilly stared at him and the hot football players. Bret was screaming the whole game about how badly the players were playing. At one point he almost jumped on to the field. After the game Lilly could have flown home, but she didn’t want to scare Bret or anyone on the street, so she walked.
Bret didn’t walk her home, but they walked together for a little while. The whole walk home he talked about how horrible the game was, Lilly nodded at everything thinking about how great the day had become.
At her front door she skipped in. And because of that her family assumed that Jake had asked her to be her boy friend. They started to tease her about it.
“ How did it go?” They asked while they got everything ready for the party.
“ Was the movie good?”
“What was it about?”
“What happened?”
“Did he ask you any questions?”
Since Lilly knew where they were going with these questions she teased back.
“ OMG. It was great. I feel like I could die.” Lilly said telling the truth. “ The movie was fanatic. It was the most eventful movie I’ve ever seen. There was a knight who had once saved a princess and they fell in love. There was a huge seen when they meet each other for the first time. It was my favorite part. After the movie we went out for hotdogs and soda for a late lunch. But I don’t see why you want to know if he asked me a question. Of course he did. He asked me what kind of snacks I wanted.” Lilly said with a smirk telling them they’re not getting answers yet. She turned away from them to go up stairs. As she did her smirk changed to a frown. The last answer to their questions brought back the whole incident in the theater. Tomorrow would be the first day and she needed Jake to help her adapt to school and to tell him about everything that happened. He would tell which teachers to look out for and what was the best lunch. At least she hoped he would after what happened. I mean she always had Claire, but Claire had been acting weird since the end of the school year. Claire also just wasn’t Jake.
Lilly ran up to her room and looked at her horoscope. It was a habit she had every morning. She would sign in on to her favorite website and read the horoscope that they put up every day. Today since she was running late, she didn’t get to check it this morning. She clicked on the Virgo link and read her horoscope. It read:
If you find yourself dealing with some disappointments today, Lilly, try not to let it get you down. An unexpected person might show up at a bad time and change your plans. Don’t worry too much because things for you will work out later. You may receive a letter or a phone call that brings less than favorable news. Perhaps someone you were hoping to have a visit with someone who won't be able to make it or a friend has to turn down an invitation to a party you're having. Try not to let this spoil your mood. These things happen. Keep your head high and heart open because support will be needed to help you over come your issues. Some times help is needed to over come problems. Take it with arms wide open, but don’t forget to give help to others who needed it as well.
Times like these really prove that horoscopes are real and to Lilly they have always been real.
“ Ok, so I’ve already had some disappointment today when I screamed out loud in the movie and an unexpected guest changed our plans. That was Rebecca.” Lilly spat. “ It worked out because I met up with Bret. But I still haven’t gotten a phone call, or a letter. I hope it isn’t too bad of news. Oh well.” Lilly said to herself as she headed down stairs to start the party.

Lilly’s party wasn’t big it was just her family, cards, cakes, presents, and more nagging about her day out. Of course Lilly didn’t answer. But it was fun teasing them.
She got every thing she asked for, an mp3 player, from her brother with a special song her brother wrote and sang loaded in it, as you can guess it was from Mike. Her mom bought her a couple new magazines. Her Uncle Rob gave her $40. Her grandfather came up from the basement and gave her a name brand pocket book (picked out by her a month in advanced. Lilly’s favorite present was a gift from Aunt MaryAnn. She gave Lilly a book. This wasn’t just any book though. The out side was deep brown colored leather. The leather was as beautiful as it was soft. If the out side wasn’t enough, inside was even better. On the first page was Aunt MaryAnn’s favorite pressed flower. It was a large red rose. It looked so fragile but it was beautiful that way. The rest of the pages were empty for Lilly to fill in with her own pressed flowers.
“ Oh. Wow. Thank you so much. I love it.” Lilly cooed as she put her presents on the stairs to bring up stairs later. She kept one present at her side at all times that night, her flower-pressing book.

When all the food was served and their stomachs felt like they were going to burst. They had cake. Then after all food was in the refrigerator and dirty plates in the dishwasher, they started to play cards. It was a family tradition to play card at every holiday or any day they were all up for it. Some times they would play poker, but no money was on the line, usually they player games like 31, KooKoo, Crazy Eights, or Uno.
During the second round of Crazy Eights, the phone rang. Lilly jumped out of her chair to answer the phone. She knew who it was. Claire always called her on her birthday and she to her too.
“ I’ll get it” Lilly said as she pressed the talk button on the phone.
“ Hi Claire, how was your last day of summer mine was awesome I have to tell you every thing.” Lilly said into the receiver before the person on the other end could even say hello.
“ Claire? That is you Claire right? Hello?” Lilly said when no one answered her. Usually her and Claire were fighting to get the first word in.
“Yeah, I’m here Lilly.” That was all Claire said. Her words made it sound like she was crying.
“Claire are you crying? What’s wrong?” Lilly asked as she ran up to her room with the phone for some privacy.
“Lilly I have to be quick.”
“Ok, we can talk in school about my day.”
“ Actually Lilly we can’t. I wont be in school.”
“What are you talking about Claire are you sick or something.” Lilly asked getting nervous.
“ No, Lilly. I’m moving. I won’t be going to this high school. I’m moving 20 minutes away. I’m really sorry. I just learned last week and I really didn’t want to ruin your summer so I held it off.” Claire was now crying. Lilly could definitely hear her sobs through the phone, but she didn’t pay any attention to them.
“So you decide to ruin my birthday instead! What a great choice!”
“I’m really sorry Lilly. Do you think I want to move? I’ve, I’ve got to go bye Lilly.” Claire hung up the phone leaving Lilly to listen to the dial tone. For a couple of minutes she stood there with the phone to her ear starring into space.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

katara719 on February 6, 2007, 7:21:56 AM

katara719 on
katara719omg! reallly great stories! i want you to write MORE please!
~katara