Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - My View

I watched Miley Cyrus' new video "7 Things" on YT and read some of the comments. Many of them were very revulting and hypocriticle. I would like you 2 read this article I wrote and give me your view.

Chapter 1 - My View

Chapter 1 - My View
I am going to try and get a point across at this moment. And on what, you ask? Miley Cyrus.

OK. I am not some crazy, obsessed fan of hers; far from it actually. But, I have been present when certain remarks have been made about the fifteen year old. Really, I don't care much for the girl, but I will stand for her. She is blessed with a true talent and just like us. Miley was just discovered and took the chance of being a star.

Only when I am bored do I watch her show. And I musn't lie, it's a great show for children...even for some teens. It's really based on what you like. Why do you think she sucks? You may be jealous, you may be insecure, you may not agree with her beliefs? I wouldn't hold anything against her for this. Just think about it.

Also, for the haters, I do see that you believe that Miley is a terrible role model and isn't meant to be looked up to; that she is setting a bad example. She isn't. Miley Cyrus is a human being, and too, has the right to making mistakes. With the Vanity shoot, it may be disappointing to many fans, but she has apoligized for it.

The singer and actress tells PEOPLE: "My goal in my music and my acting is always to make people happy. For Vanity Fair, I was so honored and thrilled to work with Annie [Leibovitz]. I took part in a photo shoot that was supposed to be 'artistic' and now, seeing the photographs and reading the story, I feel so embarrassed."

She also said that, "The pictures of me on the Internet were silly, inappropriate shots. I appreciate all the support of my fans, and hope they understand that along the way I am going to make mistakes and I am not perfect. I never intended for any of this to happen and I am truly sorry if I have disappointed anyone."

Too, the new song "7 Things" was taken in a way that the meaning of the song is "too much" for the children that look up to her. Again, Miley is expressing herself in the way she wants and feels best for.

Her new song "7 Things" is actually quite good. Miley Cyrus has written and performed it very, very well. The ones who don't believe she is over her relationship with Nick Jonas may be right. But, for the many who states that no one cares and hates her for this song, being with Nick, ect; I see that you might have a problem realizing that Miley does have a right to speech. She is expressing her feelings, truly expressing them and she has the abilities AND rights to do so as much as we do ourselves.

I may continue to do reviews on celebrities and such. I am not quite sure. It just took me over how much someone can criticize another being. It's selfish and rude, and I felt obligated to express my opinion in the matter. I give credit to PEOPLE magazine. I took Miley's comment from their news article. If some do reply to this blog, I hope you understand that I AM being biased; that is what an opinion consists of. Also, tell me your view of Miley Cyrus.

Link to article: http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20195785,00.html

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

Angel_of_Aquas on June 30, 2008, 7:50:53 AM

Angel_of_Aquas on
Angel_of_AquasI agree. Miley is just a person, too. I believe that people try to find some flaw of hers just to say she's soooo horrible. I think she is a better role model than others her age. I don't see why people would rather support Jamie Lynn than Miley. So what if Miley if Miley took some pictures for Vanity Fair? She didn't get pregnant.

SasukesChick on June 30, 2008, 7:54:59 AM

SasukesChick on
SasukesChickthat's right. and anyway, some stated that Miley was completely naked. when, she wasn't at all. she was still clothed. they just tampered with the photos to give the expression of being nude.