Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Part1:The Problem

The young looking white haired demon was flung harshly into a nearby tree by a gale force wind. Coming to a halt at the base, blood flowed from the side of his mouth.
“Inuyasha?!”
“Kagome stay back. You’ll get hurt if you’re caught up in this wind.” Inuyasha shouted over his shoulder to where the dark haired girl in the short school uniform had emerged from her hiding place behind a large oak tree. ‘Got to keep him from that direction.’ Inuyasha thought.
He was quickly brought back from his distraction by a sharp pain emanating from his shoulder. The giant moth demon’s fangs dug deep into his flesh making him cringe, its beady red eyes glaring at him.
Using the hilt of the Tetsusaiga he bashed the larger demon in the skull between its long antennas. It immediately relinquished its hold and retreated to the air, it’s monstrous wings flapping. The breeze it created washed across Inuyasha’s face cooling him for the moment and sending his long white mane blowing behind him.
The pure white moth creature looked above him hovering in the air while Inuyasha rose cautiously to his feet. Its gigantic mouth opened with an ear-shattering screech, Inuyasha’s blood dripping from its eminence fangs.
He fell to his knees his sensitive demon ears ringing, but that alone wasn’t enough to bring him down. The moth’s venom started to course through his veins. It wasn’t the burning sensation of poison but it was sucking his strength nonetheless. The wind around him started to rise as the great demon began to move it’s wings faster and faster. Inuyasha again rose to his feet feeling himself being pushed closer to the tree, his hands digging into the dirt under his feet. His strength continued to drain from his body and suddenly he knew why, looking over to the horizon watching the sun slowly make its decent. ‘Have to get this over with quick before it gets any worse.’
“Well if its wind you like its wind you’ll get!” Inuyasha drew back his monstrous sword shouting at the airborne demon before him. “Cutting Wind!”
The force of his demonic attack ripped through the moth demon shredding it to pieces and putting an end to the wind and its deafening screeching. The earth before Inuyasha was deeply scared with long gouges leading to the demon’s pile of remains.
Inuyasha slumped down to a sitting position on the ground the Tetsusaiga standing up straight digging into the ground before him his hand still gripping the hilt. He was winded from the attack but nothing he couldn’t handle, his shoulder ached from the piercing wounds left from the moth demon’s fangs.
“Inuyasha! Are you alright?!” Kagome came rushing to his side kneeling next to him a concerned look on her face. Her precious scent was already waning from the perception of his demonic sense of smell.
“Fine, just a little tired.”
“Did he poison you?” She asked cringing as she examined the wound on his shoulder.
“Not really. Now quit fussing over me and get the shard before it comes back to life.” He again glanced to the horizon, the sky spilling over with red and orange hues. “The new moon has almost risen.”
She understood immediately and searched the pieces of demon flesh before them until she caught the faint glow of the shard. Not relishing in her duty she dug into the gushy mound and pulled out the glimmering piece of the jewel.
After helping Inuyasha too his feet they walked over to the rest of their group still standing near the tree they took refuge behind. Together they walked off into the forest toward Kaede’s village, Kagome supporting Inuyasha with an arm around his waist.
Kagome and Inuyasha hung back from the rest of their group. The tingling in the back of her mind, the sensation she normally pushed back while in Inuyasha’s presence, slowly faded and disappeared. She glanced over at the hand slung over her shoulder, the human hand. His claws were completely gone replaced by equally large masculine hands, soft and gentle looking. A piece of black hair blew in the breeze, appearing in her peripheral vision. She turned to find Inuyasha’s deep purple eyes looking back at her a pained expression on his face. He looked away glaring at the ground in front of him.
He wanted to tell her that he was fine now and to walk alone. He needed his independence even if he still felt hurt, but her closeness was so comforting he couldn’t bring himself to do it. Maybe he could have in his demon form but not in this frail human shell.

A lone figure watched their retreat from the shaded branch of a distant tree. A smirk slowly curled up at the corner of his mouth the rest of his face covered by the white fur of a baboon pelt.
“Wait at least 6 hours, then he should be ready for you.”
Another figure completely concealed by the dark shadow of the tree backed away until its gigantic outline blurred into the rest of the darkness and disappeared.
“Now I have all the time in the world…all the better to kill you slowly Inuyasha.”

“Are you sure you’re going to be ok?” Kagome asked worriedly applying the bandage to his shoulder. He glanced at her disdainfully, then continued to look away.
“I’ll be fine, my strength will return when the sun rises.” Dropping her hands to her lap she continued to look at him her expression almost turning to pity. “What is that look for? I am not a weakling you know!”
“Inuyasha?” Kaede said interrupting the two. “Are you positive that the moth demon did not poison you with its bite?”
“Yes, moth demons can suck up demonic energy. That is what I felt when it bite me. That and the change…” He turned away disgusted, Kaede walked to the fire and began to absently stoke the fire a thoughtful expression on her face.
Kagome sighed and returned to her ministrations on Inuyasha’s shoulder taking the time to look over his human body. ‘He really doesn’t look that much different. I mean the hair obviously and the ears, but his body is the same…at least what I can see.’ She coughed a little at the thought of the parts she couldn’t see. ‘I’m sure they are all the same. He still seems to be really strong even when he is a human, although he isn’t all built up.’ Then her appraising eyes fell on his hands and then back to his face again. ‘No claws, but it is still Inuyasha no matter how you look at it…”

The evening dragged on for Inuyasha, as it usually did for him on the night of the full moon. His senses told him nothing, as if he were in a locked room with all the lights off. He didn’t like it, not one tiny bit. A yawn escaped his lips and he cursed to himself. ‘Weak human body.’ At least by daybreak he would have his demonic powers back and would no longer have to deal with the common frailties of this body.
Kagome squirmed in her sleeping bag restlessly and Inuyasha spared a glance in her direction. “Get to sleep Kagome, you need your rest. I won’t carry you around tomorrow if you are too tired.”
She suddenly sat upright a cold feeling filling her soul. ‘Something evil.’ “There is a demon approaching!”
Inuyasha had the time to jump to his feet before the giant demon pushed his way through the forest into the clearing where they made their camp. He stood glaring down at them, the trees on either side of him up rooted and slanted unnaturally to the side.
His eyes fell on Inuyasha and he began to laugh. “So half-ling that bastard was right after all, you have become human.” As far as demons go he had a humanoid form, except he was a good 12 feet in height and very muscular. His arms hung down his side past his knees making it difficult for him to be confused for a human. “You may call me Goyukan, your death!”
His monstrous arm shot out crashing into the ground making a massive ditch, while Inuyasha dived to safety. The demon suddenly felt himself being pulled to the side by a strong wind. Goyukan looked over his shoulder to find Miroku holding up the hole in his hand the enchanted bead hanging loosely around his wrist. “Inuyasha get out of there I’ll handle him.”
‘Not much longer.’ Inuyasha thought looking over to the horizon giving away to a few blue hues of morning.
“I have been warned about you monk.” The demon said reaching into his kimono and threw an object toward Miroku. Recognizing the wasps, Miroku quickly sealed his cursed hand and started beating them away with his staff.
A giant object sliced through the air at the demon’s chest. Watching it approach, Goyukan snatched it out of the air with ease, a smirk on his face. “And I know about you too.”
He threw the boomerang behind him. Sango rushed over and joined Miroku in his attempt to rid them of the wasps.
“That should keep you busy while I am taking care of the half-ling. Now where is the priestess, then all you lot will be disarmed. Then I may leisurely tear the dog-demon limb from limb.”
“Why not try it right now!” Inuyasha yelled running toward him, an untransformed Tetsusaiga in his hands, raised above his head. Goyukan laughed and let the blade bounce of his muscular body.
“Are you done now little whelp.” The demon chuckled catching Inuyasha around the throat. Kagome gasped in horror, standing beside her pack, her bow and quiver of arrows lay to the side, Shippo standing on her shoulder.
“Not…quite…yet.” Inuyasha chocked out grabbing the demons hand encircling his neck. The first few rays of sunlight streamed over the horizon on to Inuyasha’s face, and he felt nothing. He looked down and was shocked to find his hands remained human. His senses still dull, the fear gripping his heart.
“What the hell?!” Inuyasha gasped out.
“What is it little man, you look surprised by something.” He raised Inuyasha off his feet to his eye level. “Don’t worry you’ll be out of your misery soon enough.”
The demon’s hand slowly started to strain against the fragile bones in Inuyasha’s throat. A high pitch whistling perched Inuyasha’s ears and he suddenly found himself on the ground in front of Goyukan, the demon’s arm lying on his chest. The demon stared at the stump before him and at the arrow sticking out of the ground a few feet away.
“Now to get rid of the rest of you.” Kagome said taking the arrow from Shippo and placing it in the bow.
“Hahaha. And now it’s the pretty little priestess’s turn to play.” Goyukan threw his head back laughing.
“No Kagome, just run.” It was too late her arrow was already racing toward the demon towering over him.
Goyukan reached out into the air to catch the arrow before it hit him but his fingers were torn from his hand as the flash of light streaked by and slammed into his chest blowing him to pieces putting an end to his incessant laughter.
Inuyasha stared at the remains at his feet and then back at his human hand.
“Are you alright Inuyasha?! What happened?” Kagome kneeled beside him looking from him to the sun peeking over the horizon.
“If you hadn’t killed him I would be dead.” Inuyasha said with a neutral face as he remembered what the demon said. “…that bastard was right after all you have become human.”
“He knew this was going to happen to me!” Inuyasha jumped to his feet to run off but suddenly everyone was surrounding him.
“Where are you planning to run off to, Inuyasha?” Miroku asked reason oozing from his voice.
“A devious plan to make me human and those demon wasps, it has to be Naraku and I am going to find him and make him pay.”
“In your current condition, do you think that is wise?” Sango said standing slightly behind Miroku shaking his head in agreement.
“They’re right Inuyasha, you are in no condition to fight Naraku, your shoulder hasn’t healed yet and who knows what else could be wrong.” Kagome walked to him pleading with her eyes. He gave in and agreed to consult Kaede before flying off to find Naraku.

“How do you feel.”
“I feel fine. Human but fine otherwise.” Kaede examined his expression closely. “You wouldn’t hide anything from us would you Inuyasha? This is for your own good you know.”
Inuyasha just rolled his eyes and responded, “My shoulder still hurts, but I feel the same as I always do when the new moon comes, except it has never lasted pasted the sunrise.”
Kaede took a deep breath and sat back. “I was afraid something like this would happen.”
“What?! Whadyah keep it a secret for old crone?!” Inuyasha yelled outraged, Kagome herself gaped in disbelief.
“I had no idea what would happened, but that bite of yours sounded too convenient.”
“Kaede, you think that the moth demon turned him into a human permanently?”
“I don’t know about permanent, but Inuyasha himself said that moth demons suck demonic power. If this thing had a prolonged exposure to a Shikon shard who knows what effect it could have on its powers.”
“One demon obviously knew. The moth demon had no means of devising such a plan, it had have been Naraku.” Inuyasha fumed and Kagome placed her hand on his. He gave her a half smile. Kaede rose from the floor and walked over to where she kept all her sisters books on herbs and poisons.
“Well I think we should look for some kind of poison cure, it is the only thing we can treat at the moment.” She began to leaf through one of the large books, it’s pages badly worn with age. “I remember when I was a child my elder sister used a special herb to save the village from diseased well water. I believe the herb was said to cure any poison known. Ah, here it is…the monk root, grown on the cliffs on the bank of the west territory…the special flower used to make the elixir only blooms once every hundred years.”
“Ok well lets go then.” Inuyasha stood excited and Kagome joined him, looking worried.
“The west territory wasn’t that your fathers lands?”
“Yes, so?” Inuyasha cringed slightly at the mention of his father.
“Well we might run into Sesshomaru.” She said meekly.
“We run into him a lot anyway without traveling to the west lands, I don’t think it really matters.”
“Especially since there is no use going.” Kaede interrupted never turning away from her books.
“What?!” All of the inhibits shouted gathering together before Kaede.
“My sister’s notes state that she had to use all of the roots to treat the villagers, but that she had some sealed away in a jeweled flask and entrusted it to a local nobleman.”
“Ok well lets go find this nobleman, who is it, where is he?”
“That I do not know.”
“What?!”
“She doesn’t state much about the nobleman but describes the flask in great detail. With some research we might be able to find out where it has ended up 50 years later.”
“I could also do some research in my time, it might be quicker.” Everyone nodded at Kagome’s idea.
“Ok then you lot search here and Kagome and I will do research in her time.”
“How are we supposed to let you know if we have discovered anything.”
“Kagome or I will have to come back to check your progress.” Again nods all around. Kagome watched Inuyasha out of the corner of her eye, puzzled by his decision to go with her to her time. All the plans were discussed Kagome and Inuyasha left the village as the sun sank into the horizon, making their way into the forest to the Bone-eaters well and the future.

Comments

Comments (11)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

MyLittlePonyFreak on January 16, 2007, 10:38:45 AM

MyLittlePonyFreak on (Chapter: index)
MyLittlePonyFreakinwinfppwupeufniqwnefinwehfwenfjwenfjenfnwefnoiuoiueioouwoiuenfn im not a fan of the TV show but i lurve this story!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

inuyashalova on October 28, 2007, 1:50:20 AM

inuyashalova on (Chapter: index)
inuyashalovaHOW DARE YOU!!!!!!!

Selu13 on March 28, 2007, 12:05:30 AM

Selu13 on (Chapter: index)
Selu13sorry I cant write the rest yet because my little sister broke
my computer

inuyashalova on October 28, 2007, 1:49:42 AM

inuyashalova on (Chapter: index)
inuyashalovahow dare she!!!! write more soon! get a new computer! go to the library! do somethin! i wanna know what happens next!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My_Haunted_Heart_01 on February 9, 2007, 6:42:47 AM

My_Haunted_Heart_01 on (Chapter: index)
My_Haunted_Heart_01I love it....please write some more!! *faves*!!!!!! ^_^

MyLittlePonyFreak on January 16, 2007, 10:54:58 AM

MyLittlePonyFreak on (Chapter: index)
MyLittlePonyFreakALL INUYASHA LOVERS WHO WANT A DIFFERENT AVATAR, CLICK DOWN THERE!!!!!!!! i made this Avatar myself! If you want any different types of custom made avatars, let me know!!!

[url]C:\Documents and Settings\Adelin\My Documents\XP\My Pictures\inuyasha avatar.JPG[/url]

MyLittlePonyFreak on January 16, 2007, 11:11:48 AM

MyLittlePonyFreak on (Chapter: index)

KingdomHeartShera on October 26, 2006, 3:38:59 AM

KingdomHeartShera on (Chapter: index)
KingdomHeartSheraPlease fix it so the entire thing isn't in your preview, okay? ^^;; And, submit it in Microsoft word and edit it using the "edit with BB code" option if you want it to be show normally. I'd like to read it, but I can't read anything in one large paragraph. ^^;;

Inu_lover1644 on October 23, 2006, 11:32:52 AM

Inu_lover1644 on (Chapter: index)
Inu_lover1644This is very interesting, pl continue =^_^=

Selu13 on September 19, 2006, 6:57:30 AM

Selu13 on (Chapter: index)
Selu13I see you like it

oathkeeper6oblivion4 on August 22, 2006, 12:55:58 PM

oathkeeper6oblivion4 on (Chapter: index)
oathkeeper6oblivion4please continue pleaasee?