Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Secret of a rose

Yes I know it sucks just don't flame me to hard.

Chapter 1 - Secret of a rose

Chapter 1 - Secret of a rose
What now? A black hedgehog thought to himself. I know my past now but I have a feeling there's more to it like, someone's not there. Shadow sighed as he watched the sun start to disappear under the ocean. He was calm, until someone caught the corner of his eye. He turned to see Amy Rose jogging along the cost. The pink hedgehog looked a little surprised when she saw Shadow but regardless she ran right to him."Hey Shadow, what's up?" She asked in her always sweet voice. Shadow was also surprised himself to see Amy, "Uh...nothing" He said quietly. "what are you doing here?" Amy smiled, "I always take a sunset jog...what are you doing here?" Shadow was quiet for awhile before answering, "Just thinking." Amy looked curious, "Thinking about what?" she ask. Shadow didn't say anything. "Is it about Maria?" Shadow looked up at her. .... No" He looked away. Amy sighed, then she sat down beside him. "You know Shadow it's ok, truth is we're more alike then you think." Shadow eyes grew wide with curiosity, "How?" he asked her. She let out a deep sigh and got up. "I'll explain. But I have to finish my walk first." She held out her hand to help Shadow up. "Come on." Shadow didn't grab her hand, he could get up just fine. Then, they started walking along the seaside as Amy told Shadow her secret. The two hedgehogs walk along the cost as Shadow patently waited to hear what Amy wanted to tell him. Amy was gathering her thoughts. "Shadow, can you keep a promise? Can you not feel sorry for me and not tell anyone else about this?" Shadow put out his hands to show here that he wasn't crossing his fingers and said, "I promise." Amy sighed to get ready for a tear jerkier. "I too have lost someone, actually two people, close to me. You see, I had a family. I had a mom, a dad, and an older brother. When I was four my dad found out that my mom was cheating on him. He became angry after hearing that my brother and I may not be his. But before we could have been tested to find out..." Amy's voice became a little shaky as she choked back tears. "He stabbed my mom with a kitchen knife about fifteen times right in front of my brother and I." Amy breathed in and out trying to control herself. "You don't have to tell me anymore." Shadow said, even if he was sort of a tough guy, if it was one thing he hated, it was seeing someone cry. "No, I'm fine," Amy said as she wiped a few tears off her cheek. "as I was saying, he also tried to kill us too. I still have that scar." She said as she pulled down the top of her dress to show him the gruesome scar. "My brother took me to a neighbors house where they called 911. They took me to a hospital and my dad to jail." Then my brother and I were placed in a foster home. But we were afraid we would be separated if ether of us got adopted so we misbehaved. That way no one would want us. But one night someone set the foster home on fire. My brother died in that fire. And guess who was the arsonist, my dad. He got out some how. I was so scared that I ran away." Shadow looked at Amy, he didn't know what to say. Amy looked at him and smiled. "But I'm ok now. Sorry about that I just needed to tell someone that story." "So you told me? Why?" Shadow asked. "Because you and Cream are the only ones that listen to me. I didn't want to scare Cream and you've been through something like this so you can relate." Shadow looked up to see that it was getting dark. "Maybe I should walk you home." Amy blushed and started laughing. "Are you trying to get an unsuspected date out of this talk?" Shadow freaked out a little saying. "No.Its just getting late and trouble seems to follow you." Amy smiled, "Fine, I guess it's ok. We're just friends, right?" "Uh, yea, just friends." Shadow said shyly. "So, that's the target?" A large polar bear, by the name of Bark, asked. He gave the photograph to his partner next to him. "Yup, that's her," said a sly weasel. Fang was cleaning his gun. "She looks kind of familiar." Bean, a green duck. He gave the pitcher back to Fang. "Who cares if she looks like someone we saw. This guy is paying us $1,575 each, just to bring her to him!" Bean grew a small greedy smile. "That is a lot of mullah." Bark looked down. "But what does he want with her?" The polar bear looked at Fang, expecting an answer. "He didn't say anything...but like I said, who cares? The point is that we get the girl, give him the girl then we get the money!" Bark didn't like this plan at all. "You're such a noob Bark." Bean said in a rude tone. Bark looked up, he was mad. He lifted his fist, but just before he could beat the crap out of Bean, Fang stopped him. "Bark the last thing you need is to go back from were you came from." Fang said with a smirk, knowing that the muscular bear would understand. Bark lowered his arm. He looked at the weasel from the side of his eye. "We're not going to hurt her...are we?" Bean looked up, as so did Fang. "Only if we have to," said Fang, "But what about our client? What if he hurts her?" Bark asked, "if so...that is not our problem." For awhile everyone was silent, until Bean finaly said something. "So, Boss, how are we gonna catch her?" Fang smirked, showing of his large fang that went all the way down to his chin (thus the name). "All in good time my friend." As the stars swirled above them Shadow and Amy walk threw a shortcut in the woods. Shadow had his hands behind his head looking the opposite way of Amy. Amy looks at him with curiosity. "So, Shadow," she started to say. Shadow look over and her. Amy smiled, she was glad she had his attention. "I don't see you much where are you living now?" Shadow looked up at the lights in the sky. "Uh...well I don't have a home at the moment." Amy looked surprised. "Then where do you sleep at night, and where do you eat?" Shadow looked at her, he closed his eyes and continued walking ahead. "I'm not poor you know, I just choose not to have a home. I travel." Amy stood still for a moment, then she ran up to Shadow and tried to changed the subject. "It was very kind of you to walk me home, Shadow" Shadow blushed a little and looked away. "This doesn't mean anything, I just don't want you to get hurt." Shadow looked down and sighed. "You wanna know why, huh?" Amy look as if he just read her mind. "Uh...yes?" "Work faster she could get here any second now!" Fang yelled down a hole, which was being dogged up by Bean. "I'm working as hard as I can so shut the hell up! Besides, how do you know she'll come this way?" Fang, once again, gave him that toothy smile. "An old friend of mine knows her." "Who?" Bark asked. "Oh just some dame who loves jewels. I forgot her name something with an R." "Oh.... Uh so why is the hole so damn small?" The large bear was still nerves about the thought of hurting someone but he needed the money. Fang looked at the whole, which could only fit two people. "Well, Bark, we don't want to give her room to escape now do we?" Bark crossed his arms. He hated looking stupid. "Is this deep enough for you? If it is, can someone get me the hell out of here!" Bark walked over to the hole and sticked his arm in. The frustrated duck grabbed his glove as Bark lifted him out of the drench. Fang grabbed a net and covered the hole. Bean took some leafs wile Bark picked up some dirt and spreaded it over the net. "There, that should do the trick. Now all we have to do is wait." Fang explained. They then jumped into the trees and waited. But by the time their target was close they were all asleep.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment