Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 1 - Scuffle

Came up with this at 5am this morning, hence why it's a tad on the crap side. *twitch*
I like to write in first person, can you tell? XD
P.S: Sorry about any errors.  ^^;

All characters, locations etc (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 1 - Scuffle

Chapter 1 - Scuffle
Shadow

I can't believe I'm doing this. Everywhere I look, there are humans. When I looked in the mirror this morning in my hotel room, I saw a human staring back. Every shop window on the high street I walk past, I see a pastey white female with short black hair following me. Unfortunately, I have a good reason to be in my human form. Whilst Spirit, Lemur and Kieron are on the other side of the galaxy guarding 'the last child of light' (to put it simply, she's an angel who has to guard an entire planet on her own.), I have to look for the kid's quill. Yeah, you heard right. Quill. It's been stolen by some intergalctic rogue trader. The guy looks like a human but smells like a warthog. So to find him, I'm having to follow my nose, because I'm the unfortunate mug who has to track him because every bugger else is busy. Oh and did I mention, the quill is an angel feather? This could hurt if I go about this the wrong way...
His scent was getting stronger. I knew he was around here somewhere. The only problem was spotting him in the ever growing mass of people. A few minutes later, I finally caught sight of him. He was a thin scruffy looking bloke, who apparently didn't know the meaning of the word 'soap'.
He too caught sight of me and bolted. I didn't want to make any more of a scene than this guy's already done, but today was my last chance to get this damn quill back to it's rightful owner, where it can be used properly and wisely. (It's all powerful apparently...) My body was aching and just begging to shift shape, but I had to get this quill. If I didn't get it soon, I'd fail and my body would force change. I had no choice...
''OI!'' I shouted, drawing more than enough attention to myself. My legs propelled me forward and the chase began through the parade crowded streets. I could smell his fear and it was great.

Judy

The mass of people gradually built up behind me and the other cops on either side of the street. OAPs, Teenagers, Adults and children alike were all excited about this parade. It was the town's one hundredth birthday and I was looking forward to getting piss drunk and having a good time with my friends and family. But instead, I'm on duty with nineteen other cops until twelve midnight. The other ten are in the parade. The they get to go and get changed and have fun while the rest of us can have 'limited fun' with trying to control the drunken teens who've drank my share of the ale.
The parade got off to a good start. There was cheering, music, colourful floats, costumes and decorations. Five minutes in though, some kid dressed in black with a knee length coat on tears through the crowd in pursuit of a tramp and goes and almost ruins the whole damn thing, before vanishing back into the crowd on my side of the road. Bad mistake... My radio went off, but I knew what was being said and I was running after the two trouble makers, with three other coppers following close behind. We cornered them in an old alley. Me and two of the officers grabbed the girl before she could lay into the tramp who was lay on the floor, curled up around an old khaki bag trying to defend himself. I dunno what this kid did as a hobby or whatever, but by christ she was strong. It took three of us to hold her down while the other checked the tramp for injuries and radioed for help. Something fell out of his bag and the rest was a bit of a blurr. I remember feeling something piercing the skin on my right hand and hearing the sound of bone snapping. After that, I must've passed out because I woke up to see a paramedic and Bently - The copper who was looking after the tramp - leaning over me.
''What happened...?'' I croaked.
''You've been attacked.'' Bently replied.
''No shoot...'' I grumbled. ''What about the homeless guy?''
''Broken neck. Killed instantly.'' Said the paramedic.
''Huh..?''
''The teen you were holding down? She kicked him in the head so damn hard when I was helping him up, she snapped his neck.'' Bently said, as if in awe.
''Where is she?''
''Got away. Damn she was quick. She turned a corner and vanished.''

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment