Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Back To The Scene Of The Crime

Came up with this at 5am this morning, hence why it's a tad on the crap side. *twitch*
I like to write in first person, can you tell? XD
P.S: Sorry about any errors.  ^^;

All characters, locations etc (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 3 - Back To The Scene Of The Crime

Chapter 3 - Back To The Scene Of The Crime
Shadow

It had been two days since the incident at the parade. The weather was miserable and the town was quieter. There were police all over the place, wandering about the streets in pairs. It was risky, but I had to come back becuase of reports of random murders that had been happening since the parade, and I knew exactly who it was. To be on the safe side, I had to change my style of clothing from my usual black baggy trousers and t-shirts with a knee length black coat, to a pair of tatty old trainers, a black beanie hat, blue jeans with tears all up the legs, a fading black shirt and my old leather jacket. I tucked my hair into my hat and pulled it down as far as it would go. And as much as I hated to, I had to put in blue contacts just incase I got collard by the fuzz. General 's orders. The rain was really coming down now. Umbrellas and hoods went up all around and people were taking cover in shops.
I felt a hand take hold of mine and I looked to my right to see Chester walking alongside me. He insisted on coming with me incase I got into any trouble. He'd give almost any excuse to be involved in a fight. Anything to get the adrenaline pumping. His dark clothes looked wetter than mine and droplets of water formed and dripped off of his nose and short, light brown hair. He was nibbling on his lip ring, possibly pondering something. He entwined his fingers around mine and grinned, showing his sharp incisors.
''What?''
''I smell death.'' He replied quietly.
I drew in a lungful of the wet, warm air and, sure enough, the scent of death was there. And it was getting stronger as we progressed down the high street. We rounded the corner as we followed our noses and were taken by surprise as two police cars raced past us. They screeched to a halt at the end of the road where a large group of people were stood. We took shelter in an old corner shop doorway and watched two cops climb out of each car. They soon got to work ushering the onlookers back from the mess that was in the road.
''Can you see anything interesting?'' He asked.
''Just barely...'' I shifted position, nearly falling off the step in the process. The wind blew the rain and mixed scents into our faces. The smell of humans, death and another weredragon filled our noses.
''Is that her, 'cos that definately ain't human.''
''That's her alright.'' I grumbled. He put his arm around my waist and we headed back out into the pouring rain and to see if we could figure out a way around the murder scene and find out which way she went.

Judy

In the past few days since I'd been bitten, I've killed five people, one of which was my husband. I keep randomly turning into this monster and losing it. I killed someone else today. I ripped them open in the middle of the road at the edge of the town centre. In broad daylight too. I hated myself for what I'd done. I hated the girl for whatever she's done to me. I'm now sat in an abandoned block of flats on the top floor. I can see the town centre and the surrounding housing estates from here. I can see my ex - work mates trying to control the gathering crowd around the body of my last victim. The rain was getting harder and the leak above the old light got worse. Looks like my ten years of being a police woman are over.
Well, at least I won't have to put up with the paper work. Though I'd rather be doing a mountain of paper work, instead of hiding in an old block of flats that should've been torn down years ago, whilst wearing the blood stained clothes of one of my victims. I can smell and hear things I never could before. I could focus my eyes to see more detail, even from a long distance. I could also jump out of a fifth - floor window and survive the fall with ease. I could run faster too and I was also stronger. Alot stronger.
I had no idea what time it was, but it was getting dark and the rain wasn't showing any sign of letting up. I could feel my eyes getting heavy. I felt physically and mentally exhausted because I had been trying desperately to avoid people because of my current situation. And I can't control the changes either.
I scooted carefully over to the corner of the room, huddled against the decaying wall and let sleep take me.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment