Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Making the Best of Bad Weather

Came up with this at 5am this morning, hence why it's a tad on the crap side. *twitch*
I like to write in first person, can you tell? XD
P.S: Sorry about any errors.  ^^;

All characters, locations etc (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 5 - Making the Best of Bad Weather

Chapter 5 - Making the Best of Bad Weather
Shadow

The light filtered through the old curtains, sending streaks of light across the room. Chester was lay next to me on his stomach, fast asleep. I had only had a few hours of sleep. The time between, I spent pondering about the cop who I'd bitten. She was still alive, we knew that much. But as to her whereabouts, I had no idea. She moved around from place to place which made it difficult to keep up with her. And the strong smell of human mixed with the damp air wasn't helping either.
''Whussa matter...?''
I looked over at Chester, who was now lay on his back, rubbing the sleep from his eyes.
''If you had just been turned, where would you go?''
''Erm...... Somewhere abandoned, but sheltered.'' He yawned.
I tried to remember if there was anywhere abandoned in this town that would suit a weredragon... Then it came to me. I remembered something about an old housing estate that had been abandoned in preparation for a massive revamp project some years ago. I swung my legs over the side of the bed and shuffled my way over to the bathroom.

''Are you sure she came this way?''
''Can't you smell her?''
''All I can smell is food!'' He whimpered, eyeing up a slender blonde who was walking across the road from us.
''This is nearly over, so stop fretting! I ain't had nothing to eat yet either.''
The clouds started coming in lower and thicker, ready to dump a load more water onto everybody. When we reached the decaying housing estate, the rain had started and was getting heavier by the minute. As we proceeded and the population became scarce, the other weredragon's scent was getting stronger and was leading us to and old, decrepit block of flats. The building had been condemned, and with good reason too, by the looks of things. Just looking at the state of the boarded up windows and the metal security doors that were hanging off their hinges, was a sure sign that the numerous warning signs and crumbling masonry hadn't put off any tresspassers. And I wasn't about to heed their warnings either, not when she was here, in one of these dingy old flats.
I started carefully navigating the old stairs with Chester follwing closely behind, in his usual silent manner.

Judy

It came as no surprise to see the roof leaking again. After all, it had been raining all week and new leaks had appeared in the old flat, some worse than others. I'd made the best of the recent downpours however and had emptied an old fire bucket and used it to catch the rain water that was pouring in through the light fitting in the kitchen to try and clean up the mess I made the previous night. I found an old dust sheet a few doors down and used it to bundle up what was left of the two teenagers and put it in the old bath tub. I'd just settled down into my corner again, when I heard another sound. It was hard to make out at first, because of the heavy rain that was battering the side of the old building. It eventually became clear to me that it was footsteps. Just one set though, but they were growing louder.
''Oh please, not more trouble.'' I thought to myslef in dismay.
Before I knew it, someone was in the flat with me. I slowly got to my feet as they rounded the corner into the living room. I didn't realise who it was at first...
Her short hair became ruffled and spiked as she took her beanie hat off and a few wet spikes of hair clung to her pale face. Then it clicked. She was the one who ruined my life! I started for her, then a man, about her age, height and build suddenly appeared next to her. His dark eyes glittered mischieveously from underneath his wet hair. I don't know what it was about him, but I couldn't look away from his pale features. And I soon realised that I couldn't move either. I saw her out of the corner of my eye, and she looked calm as she slowly started to move towards me. He stayed where he was, but he didn't avert his gaze for a second or even blink.
Who the hell was he? More to the point, what the hell was he? He didn't seem human...

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment