Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - One of a Kind

Pretty much a story about how Shadow got her armour and met Spink and Virus. 8D
I apologise for my inability to write longer chapters. o.O

I really should write a story that isn't in first person. XD

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 2 - One of a Kind

Chapter 2 - One of a Kind
His bright blue eyes looked down to the scissors held firmly in my hand, my knuckles turning white as my grip tightened.
''You can put those down now. I'm not going to hurt you.''
He sighed when I didn't reply.
''I'm just here to make sure that you're alright, so I would really appreciate it if you didn't guage my eyes out.'' He said softly, daring to take a step toward me.
''Oh, and whilst you were unconscious, I brought you some new clothes so that you don't have to wear those dirty old rags anymore,'' He gestured at the baggy clothes I was wearing, a pair of dark blue, fraying jeans and a fading green tee that I'd thieved off of some campers awhile ago. ''Or have to suffer wearing the standard itchy white overalls that my boss seems to like so much.'' He grinned and nodded towards the neatly folded pile of clothes that were sat on a side table at the otherside of the room.
''.... Not much of a talker, eh? Hm... Well, there's a curtain over there with a sink behind it, so you can change and wash up. Don't worry. I won't let anyone peek.''
I glanced suspiciously at the curtain in the corner, then at him again and let out a low growl.
''Promise.'' He smiled nervously. ''This room's quite private, I assure you. There's only the one door and the one camera, which is, of course, for security reasons.'' He smiled again as I slowly sidled over to where the clothes were, not relinquishing the grip on my scissors or taking my eyes off him. He may seem polite, but that didn't mean that I had to trust him. Afterall, he was helping keep me prisoner.

I discarded my old clothes carefully, constantly looking about me to see if anyone was watching. Being butt - naked around other weredragons I could handle. But any other species - especially humans - I felt uneasy, like I was being silently examined. Though they probably did have a quick head to toe physical done on me when I was unconscious. That wasn't a thought I wanted in my head, really...
I had a quick wash and hastily pulled on my new clothes. I hated them. They reeked of humans and were a pale blue and white combination. I reached for the scissors that I'd put on the side of the sink and found that they weren't there anymore. I heard someone walking away from the curtain, hard shoes clicking on the cold floor. I emerged carefully from behind the curtains, still feeling extremely uneasy about this new and unnatural environment I was in and saw that a short, slender dark haired woman had entered the room and was now stood next to the man. She halted her talking and looked cooly at me, dark eyes glittering with mischief, gently stroking the point of the scissors with the tip of her thumb.
''Haven't you got something important to be doing, instead of annoying me?'' He grumbled sourly.
''Fine. You can have the feral teen. For now.'' She handed him the scissors and sauntered out of the room, the door closing gently behind her. I get the feeling that they don't exactly get along well.
He looked at me and smiled. ''Ah! You look much better. Now, if you'll please come with me, I'll show you to where you'll be staying for a while, and then I'll need to ask you some questions once you get yourself settled in.'' He opened the door and ushered me out into the cold, white corridoor where an armed guard dressed in black was stood. That was when I planted my feet firmly on the floor and refused to budge. He looked at me, his expression a mixture of confusion and worry. The guard merely grunted and looked sourly at me.
''I'm not going any further or answering any of your bloody questions until you tell me who the hell you are, where I am and why I'm here.'' I growled at him, refusing to move until I got some decent answers.
''Oh, forgive me for being so rude! I'm Rowan,'' He said smoothly ''and we brought you here to the Prytchard facility because you are one of a kind!'' His eyes glittered with excitement.
''Oh...?''
''Mmm! We've come across several weredragons on our exploratory travels around this world and studied them. But none are as powerful as you. They're not as strong and their changes don't last as long as your's do.''
Studying?! I thought in disgust, feeling more and more violated. The gurad grunted impatiently and Rowan looked at him, paling slightly.
''Um, well. Follow me.'' He hastily said and continued ushering me along the corridoors with the guard following close behind.
''But why am I here?!'' I protested angrily. Rowan flinched.
''Like I said. You're one of a kind, so we brought you here so we could ask you some questions and possibly learn more about your race. Because, pretty much all we know, is that your kind are few and far spread.''
''Yeah, well. We blame you lot for that one. It's all that de-forestation and polluting your lot have been doing. It's killing us all off.'' I grumbled angrily.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment