Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Grand Tour

Pretty much a story about how Shadow got her armour and met Spink and Virus. 8D
I apologise for my inability to write longer chapters. o.O

I really should write a story that isn't in first person. XD

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 3 - Grand Tour

Chapter 3 - Grand Tour
Rowan took me on a tour of the facility before showing me to my 'room'. It went down three levels and the other three levels were above ground. The Prytchard facility was surrounded by a thick circle of tall trees in an isolated area of the country of Sutone. That's all he told me of the facility's location. I was at least thirty thousand miles away from my home country of Mu'tare, which made things worse because Sutone was extremely well developed compared to Mu'tare which was virtually untouched, with but a mere handfull of villages and small towns scattered throught the entire country.
Sutone was quickly becomming polluted and over populated, forcing the humans to encroach onto other people's lands across the boarders, causing anything from harmless name calling to small, merciless wars all for the sake of a small piece of land.

''So this is where I'll be staying.'' I said blankly as the guard opened the door to my new 'home'. Assuming you could call a small, dingy room home...
''I'm afraid so, yes... I'm sorry to say that it hasn't been re-decorated in quite some time. But at least it's clean and has a working hot and cold water supply, which I hope, makes up for the size and the shameful view through the window.'' Rowan looked out of the small rectangular window that was showing the outside world at ground level and shook his head solemnly.
''As you can see, by the grass and the snail crawling up the glass, this floor is just below ground level.'' He turned and headed out of the reinforced steel door.
''You can't expect me to stay in here all the time! It's tiny!'' I said, feeling slightly distressed.
''Try not to worry too much.'' He smiled. ''you are allowed to wander around the facility as long as you have either me or a guard with you. And if you feel the need to change, let someone know and either Serjeant Brown here or myself will take you out into the enclosure so you can stretch your um.. Wings.'' He said awkwardly. ''But for now, get some rest. You've had a long, hard day. I'll come and talk to you tomorrow morning and ask you some of those questions.'' He smiled again and vanished from sight.
''I will warn you now: There will be a guard at your door at all times. And you also have neighbours on either side, so behave yourself or you'll be answering to me.'' Brown grunted before heaving the door shut and locking it behind him.
They both failed to mention the camera above the door.

I walked over to the small chest of drawers and had a quick rifle through it's contents. There several pairs of light coloured trousers, shirts and a couple of skirts and some underwear. Apparently, I was expected to stay here for quite some time, which I - personally - wasn't expecting to happen when I found out a weakness in this so - called 'high tech, secure facility'.
I looked around at my surroundings and saw that there was a curtain that could be pulled around the tiny bathing area for some privacy. How thoughtful. They study you for months without you knowing, hunt you mercilessly and once they've captured you and put you in a cell, they finally have the decency to allow you some privacy. Bastards.
I looked out of the tiny window and saw a large garden like area with a small fountain in the middle. There were people all in white coats or dressed head to toe in white and a few armoured guards milling about. All were chatting like it was the greatest day ever. I huffed out a puff of smoke and thumped down onto the bed under the window in the corner of the cramped room. I was mildly surprised to find that it was slightly more comfortable than a slab of concrete. I curled up with my back against the wall and drifted off to sleep, hoping that when I woke, it'd all turn out to be some kind of demented nightmare.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment