Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Hearing Things

Pretty much a story about how Shadow got her armour and met Spink and Virus. 8D
I apologise for my inability to write longer chapters. o.O

I really should write a story that isn't in first person. XD

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 5 - Hearing Things

Chapter 5 - Hearing Things
I ate the food that had been left by the woman and had a quick shower. Once I got dressed, I sat down on the bed, contemplating what was going to happen to me and how long I was going to be here for.
I was pulled out of my thoughts by a tapping on the wall behind me. I leaned closer and heard the tapping again. I tapped on the wall and waited. Nothing. I decided to knock on the wall instead, and this time I got a reply.
So I did have a neighbour afterall. I was starting to think I was on my own and was beginning to hear things.
The knocking game continued for another twenty minutes or so, until I heard the door of that room creak open and bang shut. An hour passed and there was no sign of next door's inhabitant. I was getting restless, so I asked the guard at my door if I could go for a wander around. He agreed, so he opened the door and followed me for the next half hour. He was a nice man, alot more polite than that grumpy bastard, Sergeant Brown.
If I asked a question, he answered it honestly, but of course, there were certain questions he wasn't allowed to answer or just didn't know the answers to. And I knew he was being completely honest about not knowing what was going to happen to me.
I stopped outside a large viewing window on B3.
''Is there a probelm?'' Asked the guard.
''What's this room for? I don't remember seeing it yesterday.''
''Oh, this is the room that everyone calls the 'Tube Room'. It's a lame nick name, I know, but that's what you get for working in the same environment as a bunch of humourless scientists.'' He said, sarcasm slipping into his tone. ''All of those large tubes are filled with a special liquid that helps stabalize and heal the body quicker if something severe happens. Basically, it's a hi-tech form of 'strict bed rest'.'' He smiled slightly.
''What do you mean 'If something severe happens'?''
''Well, this is a research facility that houses several labratories and a couple of operating theatres. And some of the chemicals used are very potent and potentially leathal. And accidents happen...'' He looked grim.
''So I'm guessing, the reason why I'm here, is to be used as a labrat. Or more precisely, a labdragon.''
The guard grunted something and then he ushered me back to my room and told me I had two hours left before the last meal of the day would be served. I lay down on my bed and tried to think of something else, but those large tubes and what the guard had said about the labs, operating theatres, chemicals and accidents happening dominated my mind.

As I started to doze off, I could hear a distant voice.
It was vaguely familiar. It took me a few minutes to recognise the voice. It was Zh'an. He was calling to me and I wanted to call back to him, but something was holding back my mind speech.
*Shadow! Please tell me you're alright! Your side of the forest has been destroyed! Where are you!?* He sounded distressed.
I could feel his fear and it made me feel completely helpless and lost.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment