Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Change of Scenery

Pretty much a story about how Shadow got her armour and met Spink and Virus. 8D
I apologise for my inability to write longer chapters. o.O

I really should write a story that isn't in first person. XD

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 6 - Change of Scenery

Chapter 6 - Change of Scenery
I woke up abruptly, the light from the twin crescent moons shining through the small window. My body was aching and I knew I needed to change. I sat up and noticed a tray of stale food on the table. I guess they didn't want to wake me. How thoughtfull...
But right now, I wasn't interested in food, I just needed to get out of this room.
I hauled myself to my feet and unsteadily made my way over to the door and hammered on it with my fist. The camera overhead whirred and I looked up at it to see that it'd repositioned itself to look down at me.
''What seems to be the problem, Ironclaw?'' Came a gruff voice.
''I need to get out!'' I gasped as my lungs started burning.
''It's two in the morning, can't it wait?''
''No it fracking can't!''
There was a mumble of voices from the otherside and the door opened revealing Brown stood next to the dark haired woman I saw the other day.
My vision suddenly blurred and then cleared, allowing me to see in greater detail. The woman had a clipborad tucked under her arm and she looked smug. She looked me up and down and her grin broadened.
''So soon?'' She said, sarcasm seeping into her voice.
I just glared at her, trying to control myself.
''This way.'' She chirped and Brown ushered me out into the dimly lit corridoor and through several armoured doors.
Once outside I ran for the furthest hiding spot I could find, leaving the woman and the guard standing at the door. I hid in a thick clump of bushes close to the outer perimeter trees, discarded my clothes and concentrated on changing.

I flexed my wings and had a stretch before peering carefully out of my hiding spot. I flicked my tongue out and tasted the air which was heavy with moisture and the scent of rotting vegetation. It was well into autumn now. The weather was getting colder and wetter everyday.
I looked up at the twin crescent moons, crouched down and beat my wings as hard as I could, sending myself into the air. the cold was slowly seeping through my scales and I could see my breath, but the weather didn't bother me. I was in the air, it was dark and I was willing to see if the human's security systems were as good as they made them out to be.
I wheeled around and headed for the thick trees. I tried to fly up and over them, but some kind of invisible barrier, almost knocking me out of the air. I roared in frustration, sending birds fleeing into the night. Was this part of the reason I couldn't make any contact with Zh'an?
I regained my balance in the air and looked over to where the sergeant and the female scientist was stood. Brown had an evil smile twisted across his lips and she was watching me with interest, scribbling things down on her clipboard.
The enclosure was smaller than it looked. I wasn't allowed to go too high or too far, because of the barriers that were in place. I wheeled about in the air, ignoring the humans below, searching for some prey down on the ground below. I was in the air for a few more hours and my stomach was protesting at the lack of food and the humans were looking more and more appetising. Then my attention was caught by a grey blur darted across my field of vision. The faint, musky smell of a panicked rabbit drifted up on the cool breeze and my stomach groaned loudly. I folded my wings tightly and within a split second the rabbit was in my mouth, my teeth dug deep into the warm flesh. The humans had regained their interest in what was going on. The woman resumed scribbling down notes and Brown had his hand on his gun and was watching me carefully.
I made my way back to my hiding spot with the rabbit clamped firmly between my jaws, it's warm blood dripping out of my mouth and onto the cold, damp leafy ground. When I'd stripped the rabbit of all it's flesh, I peaked out of the bush to see the guard who'd escorted me the other day stood next to Rowan.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment