Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - Experimental

Pretty much a story about how Shadow got her armour and met Spink and Virus. 8D
I apologise for my inability to write longer chapters. o.O

I really should write a story that isn't in first person. XD

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 8 - Experimental

Chapter 8 - Experimental
The sun was warm on my back as I soared high above the rocky ground, searching for something. Or for someone. I recognised the barren landscape below me as Vu'tra, Zh'an's home country.
The rocky scenery below started to get greener as the shrubbery thickened out across the rocks. The forest took over and the familiar smell of my home took over. I was now flying over Mu'tare and it's forest. I felt like I was missing something important to me. I flew as close to the thick canopy as I dared and let the various scents fill my sense. I dipped the tip of my right wind down and banked off in a different direction, into the heart of the forest, sniffing and tasting the air as I went. The sun had just started setting when I picked up the scent I'd been unkowingly looking for. I folded my wings and dove through the trees, landing on all fours, wings flared, with a dull thud and cracking as the twigs beneath my claws snapped under my weight.
I followed the scent to a small clearing where two more filled my senses. Three humans and two canines.
Just beyond the clearing was devastation. The forest had been destroyed along with the trail I'd been following, making me feel extremely frustated and alone. I looked down into a small puddle on the forest floor, but didn't see myself. Instead of seeing a dark blue and yellow dragon, a grey and black dragon was staring back at me, eyes full of pain and grief. It was Zh'an.

I kept my eyes closed as I came to. I could feel myself floating in some kind of thick liquid with a mask pulled over my muzzle, pumping oxygen into my lungs. Other things were attached to me too, buried deep in my skin all down my back, arms and legs.
I was hurting all over and was struggling to control my breathing, not wanting to open my eyes, unwilling to see what had been done to me. All I wanted to do was stay with Zh'an, I didn't care if it was a dream or not that I'd just woke up from, I just didn't want to face the humans.

I heard muffled voices a few minutes later, one male and one female.
''So you think this recent experiment of yours will deterre our barbaric neighbours, Doctor Smith?''
''Absolutely.'' She chimed. ''If you ever met her parents, then you'd agree with me completely.''
''Oh?'' He questioned.
''Mmmh. Her mother, Ivy, was a psychotic weredragon, willing to do anything to protect her kind, especially her daughter, and her father, Maxwell, wasn't even from around here. He was a powerfull warrior from an ancient tribe of Shadow Dragons. According to Rowan, Maxwell's the one who raised her and taught her after her mother died an unexpected death...''
''I get the feeling, by the look on your face, that you're not quite done with talking yet.'' He said wryly.
''Well, she gets her strength and cunning from her mother and her speed and agility comes from her father's side, which is what we've been working on. The only problem is, when she comes to, will that side of her be at full strength and will she have inherited the Shadow Dragon's allergy to anything angelic?''
''Hmm. I read about that in your reports. Mental and physical pain? Sounds nasty.''
''It is.''
''Rather them than me.'' He said gruffly.
So. I'm just an experiment to them. I'd love nothing more than to crush Smith. Especially for what she said about my mother. It wasn't her fault. My dad said that the humans drove her over the edge in some twisted bid to use her as a living weapon.

I slowly opened my eyes and carefully looked at my surroundings through the thick orange liquid. I tilted my head slowly to get a better look myself as my mind slowly recognised my location. I was in the Tube Room. Two more tanks were set diagonal from me on either side. In the one to my right was a dragon like creature, wings and striped tail warpped around itself, hiding it's head, arms and legs as if to protect itself from something. But then I was in a similar position, with my wings and tail wrapped round myself. But there was something strange about the creature. The end of it's tail was flaming brightly, even though it was completely submerged.
In the tank to my left was an Iguana like creature with long twin horns similar to mine, but with a mop of hair inbetween. The creature looked male and had nasty looking spikes all the way down to the tip of his long tail, which was wrapped firmly around him. He looked malnourished and like myself and the other creature, had smalle, flexible tubes attached to him.
I closed my eyes, trying to ignore everything around me, but failed as the tanks started draining. I quickly opened my eyes, startling two scientists. The orange liquid drained away and the cylindrical galss tube was raised up and out of the way, leaving me sat on a cold metal grid, wings and tail still wrapeed tightly around me. I blinked a few times to clear my fuzzy vision and Hill and Rowan came into focus.
Hill looked pleased with himself as he looked me up and down. Rowan merely looked sick as he removed the tubes from my body. I was too angry to damned angry to move, so I setteld for watching what was going on. Smith, Sergeant Brown and a tall, thin woman with ice blue eyes and hair set against plae skin walked up behind Hill and Rowan. The woman was wearing a long, flowing white dress with a light blue coat on.
''How're you feeling this morning, Shadow?''
''I'm going to tear your hearts out...'' I growled. Well, I did say I wasn't a morning person.
The new commer continued to eye me up cautiously.
''Not much change in the personality. She's still a miserable dog, like Ivy.'' Smith grinned and something inside me snapped.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment