Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - New Enemies, New Allies

Pretty much a story about how Shadow got her armour and met Spink and Virus. 8D
I apologise for my inability to write longer chapters. o.O

I really should write a story that isn't in first person. XD

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 9 - New Enemies, New Allies

Chapter 9 - New Enemies, New Allies
I lept at Smith, talons extended ready to tear the smug dog apart, when my vision blurred as something solid hit me in the side of the head. I heard a pained scream as I went down, solidly hitting the floor. When I regained focus, I saw Smith hunched over on the floor, bloodied hands to her face with Hill, Rowan and the pale woman kneeling around her.
Brown's boot landed firmly on my back, pinning me firmly to the cold floor as Smith struggled back to her feet. The pale woman had her hands over the scientist's face, murmering something in a strange language. Smith wiped away the blood on her face with a trmebling hand and glared evilly at me, the smugness replaced by rage.
A grin twisted onto my lips at the sight of the raw scars I'd left on her face. Though I now disliked the pale woman even more. Her pale skin, blue hair and healing abilities told me all I needed to know. She was an angel. And me being half Shadow Dragon, I knew that I could end up in serious pain or even be killed by one touch from this fragile looking woman.
Smith said something to the angel then nodded to Brown who promptly forced me to my feet. Everyone watched with intrigue as the angel slowly approached me. Out of the corner of my eye, I saw the horned Iguana open his eyes. Nobody noticed though, because they were watching me and the angel.
''You really need to learn some manners, dragon.'' She said, her voice sounding like a quiet echo.
She frowned and grabbed my arm, sending my nerves into overdrive. I roared in agony and collapsed to my knees. The pain was unbearable. It felt like I was on fire and slowly burning to death. I tried to break free of the angel's grip, but couldn't as the world around me spun and faded into darkness.

I groggily opened my eyes to see that I'd been confined to my room again. I was still hurting from whatever the humans had done to me and I had a dull headache from the confrontation with the angel.
''How're you feeling?'' I looked to my side carefully, and saw Rowan sat on a chair beside me.
''Felt better.'' I grunted, ungrateful of the intrusion.
''.... There's a few more people I want you to meet...'' He said hesitantly.
''Oh joy. I can't wait. No. Really. I can't.'' I rolled back over onto my side and hid under my wings.
''I see your sarcasm's still intact.'' Grunted a gruff voice.
''Who the hell are you...?'' I peeked over my wing at a well built, grey haired man in a military uniform that was adorned with ribbons. He was one of the observers in the operating room.
''General Har'mak of the Sutone army. And after witnessing your brief demonstration of your speed, that took even myself by surprise, I must say that I'm looking forward to seeing what else you're capable of doing and how well you use your new gift.'' He smiled tightly and headed towards the door, where he stopped and turned on his heel to face me. ''Oh, and thankyou for wiping that smug look off of Doctor Smith's face.'' He proceeded through the door and left.
''What did he mean by 'New gift'...?'' I saked suspiciously.
''Well, um..'' Rowan hesitated again.
''What else did you do to me besides bugger about with my Shadow Dragon side?'' I growled, forcing myself to sit as anger blotted out my headache.
Rowan paled and fidgeted before he answered.
''Well,'' He said nervously. ''Professor Hill saw you as the perfect candidate for his new nano technology, because of the fact that you're a cross breed - a hybrid if you will - and a very powerful one at that.''
''What did you do to me?'' I growled.
''We implanted in you retractable armour. That's what the general was on about. You have a face mask, arm blades, armour plating on your breats plates, spines and claws, just to name a few. It's still a young project, so the technology will develope with you as you grow older and stronger. And it's all light weight, it shouldn't affect your balance or speed or anything like that and it's all bullet proof and heat proof.''
''And that last part's s'posed to make things better is it?!'' I hissed. ''And what's the deal with being stuck as a dragon?''
''We had a DNA sample from your father. We experimented with his and your DNA and your current form is the result.'' I just glared at him. ''Well, I'll go send the other two in. Best to get it all over and done with. And I swear, if I'd have known what they were intent on doing, I'd have told you.'' He hurried to the door and vanished into the corridoor.
A few minutes passed and the winged creature I saw curled up in the Tube Room walked in cautiously, antennae twitching slightly. She had a pale yellow oval marking on her chest, black stripes with large, red eyes set into an insect like head with two stubby horns either side of the antennae.
''You another one of their victims?'' She said, eyeing me up.
''Yup.'' I sighed.
''I'm Spink, by the way. If you have any plans of escape, lemme know. I hate it in here. She saide cheerfully, showing her middle finger to the camera above the door.
I smirked and introduced myself. She sat down on the chair and told me why she was here. A few minutes later, the door creaked open and a tall, thin green and blue hroned Iguana with a mop of blue hair shuffled in, glancing from me to Spink and to me again.
''Uh, hi. I'm Virus.'' He gave a short wave and smiled sheepishly.
''I'm Shadow.''
''And I'm Spink! Nice to meet you!'' She grinned.
He sat down on the end of my bed carefully.

''Wait, so what you're saying is, you were just about to take your exams when Hill and his goons came to your school, lied to your teacher's about some non - existent family crisis and brought your here to experiment on you?!'' Virus just looked at me and shrugged.
''That's sick...'' Spink murmered in disgust.
''I know. It's kinda hard to believe that I was a teenage human two months or so ago with a whole social life.''
''But why an Iguana's DNA?''
''And a Weredragon.'' He said, looking at me.
''I guess the horns should've given it away, eh?'' I grinned.
''Well, yeah. And also when I sneezed the other day, I nearly fried Professor Hill. Unfortunately, He moved out of the way in time...'' He said thoughtfully.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment