Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Runaway

Pretty much a story about how Shadow got her armour and met Spink and Virus. 8D
I apologise for my inability to write longer chapters. o.O

I really should write a story that isn't in first person. XD

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 10 - Runaway

Chapter 10 - Runaway
We sat talking for the next couple of hours, getting to know each other and taking the piss out of the scientists and guards. Professor Hill, Doctor Smith and Sergeant Brown were the prime targets, since they were the ones who annoyed us the most. I got ribbed for getting the 'Better deal with Rowan' a few times, whereas Spink had to put up with Professor Hill and Virus was stranded with Doctor Smith.
The twin moons were full and high in the sky when the heavy door swung open. Brown and two other guards came into the cramped room and he scowled at us. Apparently, he'd been listening in on us and didn't appreciate being compared to a balding, toothless, grumpy old bear.
He ushered Spink and Virus out of the room, and they left grudgingly, shouldering past Brown, who looked as if he might violently explode at any given minute. He glance at me one last time before slamming the door shut behind him and locking me in for the night. I lay on my bed, staring at the ceiling. After a few minutes, I closed my eyes and tried to get some sleep. I managed to doze off for about an hour, then woke up again to whisperings in my head. I thought I'd finally cracked and lost my marbles, until the voices registered...
*Spink?*
*Hi Shadow! Sorry if we woke you, but we know you're as keen to get out of here as much as we are.* She replied.
*And we have a plan. Well, sort of.* Virus put in.
*A plan...?*
*Yup. When I was forced back into my room, I'm next door to you by the way - *
*We both are. You're inbetween us.* Spink injected.
*I noticed a power box opposite Spink's room, which, if taken out, should allow us a chance to get the hell out of here!* He sounded excited. *Sorry. Technology's one of my strong points.*
*And how're we gonna destroy this box?*
*That's where I come in.* Spink said slyly. * I can burn through this door in a matter of seconds and melt that box, shutting down all the main systems in this gods forsaken place.*
*Once we're out, I'll lead the way to the nearest emergency exit. But you'll have to help out if I get collard, I'm not much of a physical fighter...* Said Virus, now sounding slightly nervouse.
We continued to use our mind speech abilities for the next hour or so, Virus explaining the layout of the floor we were on, including where the guards were posted, when they change shifts, where the exits were - emergency exits included - and where they led to. We all agreed to make our escape attempt first thing, when the sun was rising.

I woke up again a few hours later to a dull knocking on the wall.
*Ready to cause some trouble?* Spink sounded deviouse.
*As long as that angel don't interfere, I'll be fine.*
*She should still be on the top floor, asleep. You two ready?* Virus said, his voice a mixture of fear and excitement.
The smell of burning metal filled my room and a few seconds later, the power cut out, making the back up systems come on, illumintaing everything in a dull glow. The locks clicked on the door and Virus stuck his head in and signalled for me to leave the room. I came out into the dim corridoor and saw Spink stood over the two twitching bodies of guards.
''Poisened 'em.'' She said, wriggling her bloodied claws.
''Stop right there!'' Roared a voice from behind.
We truned around and Virus slid behind me as Sergeant Brown and four armed guards edged towards us, guns raised.
''Get back into your cells, or we'll open fire.'' He growled, as his finger twitched slightly on the trigger.
I lunged at him, flicking a bloodied blade out of my lower arm, catching the surprised guard across the throat before he could start shooting at us. The four other guards watched in terror as Brown's head slid free from his body and rolled to the floor, his lifeless body, crumpled to the floor in a pool of blood at my feet. Before the other guards could react, me and Spink launched ourselves at them, tearing them apart like paper dolls.
''This way!'' Called Virus.
We followed him around the corner where we came face to face with the three who'd brought us to the Prytchard facility. Hill's face was twisted with fury. He was about to say something when Spink sank her poisenous talons into his gut, her eyes glittering with malice. His veins and eyes bulged as he gasped for air and he sank to the floor and ceased all movement. Smith screamed in outrage and lunged at Spink. She calmly side stepped out of her way and the scientist collided with Virus.
I knocked Rowan out and tied him to a pipe against the wall with a fire hose. I pulled myself up to full height again and saw Virus wrestling with Smith.
''Kamiri! He--'' She gurgled as Virus reared up and plunged one of his large horns into her throat, spilling blood out onto his head, matting his hair as he pushed the lifeless body off himself.
''Oh shoot...'' I groaned as the angel, Kamiri, appeared at the end of the corridoor.
Virus pushed us through the emergency exit and through the small tunnel and eventually out onto a field outside of the facility grounds. We sat on the warm ground, catching our breath when the sound of running footsteps set us back on our feet again.
''Get on my back and hold on.'' I said to Virus, and he climbed onto my back and wrapped his arms around my lower neck.
The three of us had just gotten air borne when a load of guards spilled out into the field. They shot at us, but missed as we dissappeared into the clouds. When we came out of the clouds, I looked back at the Prytchard facility as it became a tiny dot in a sea of green before finally vanishing.
Relief flooded through me as the realisation of our successful escape, registered in my brain. Virus then suddenly burst into laughter.
''Oh gods! Thankyou so much for rhelping me escape!'' He giggled, then I realise he wasn't the only one who was wearing a stupid grin.
''So where are we going now?'' Spink queried.
''I was thinking about Mount. Kras. It's safe there, and it'll give us a chance to sort ourselves out.
''On a mountain?''
''There's an ancient city carved into the peak. It's an old Weredragon civilization. Though it's kinda barren nowadays, the elder who lives up there'll be willing to help us out.
Spink and Virus agreed to go with me and within a few months we were back to doing our own things. Virus and Spink left the planet and I stayed for another year with Zh'an before leaving the planet myself. We all kept in contact, Virus was a sky biker - don't ask.. - Spink found residency on an un-named moon of some strange void planet and I just hopped from planet to planet, looking for things to do.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment