Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Closing Time

After Shadow decided she'd had enough on her own planet, after the incident at the Prytchard Facility, she moved planets and got a job in an underground city.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 3 - Closing Time

Chapter 3 - Closing Time
''I'm busy.'' Grunted the small, dark green man from behind a desk full of paperwork.
Though Bently's offices was in a room behind the stage, it was as quiet as it was in the dark entrance corridoor.
''You might wanna hear this sir.'' Shadow said, putting her black leather jacket over the back of a seat and sat down.
Bently looked over at the pale Human-esque figure infront of him, her white pupilled eyes gleaming with the remnants of anger.
His gaze slid down to her partially blue scaled arm.

''What happened this time?'' He said, no ounce of surprise apparent in his voice.
''Meyark. He won't give up. Brought one of his goons with him too.''
Bently sighed and scrubbed his webbed hands over his face.

''We gotta sort this out.'' He said '' Let everyone know there's an emergency staff meeting tonight.''
He picked up the phone as Shadow grabbed her jacket and went back out into the thick atmosphere of the main room.


''Whassis about an emergency staff meeting?'' Hillary said as she perched next to Shadow on the corner of the stage.
Xan and Hillary's sister, Tiffany sat on two bar stools next to them, looking just as puzzled.
''Neon Junction could be closing down.'' Bently announced, taking a seat at the head of the small semi-circle. ''Where's Josh and John?'' He said looking around at the various worried faces.

''Family emergency. Left as soon as they cleared up.'' Tiffany uttered automatically.
''What d'you mean, we could be closing down?'' Xan growled.
''It's not for certain, remember? Meyark's still trying to shut us down.'' The small creature said smoothly.
''What? He ain't got any contacts down here! ... Has he...?'' Tiffany added suspiciously.
''Only the one. The rest of his contacts are Human, so it shouldn't be too much of a problem keeping the club from going from Neon Junction to Tillie's Tanning.''
''Who the frack is Tillie?'' Hillary snarled angrily.

''Meyark's daughter. She want's to be just like her dad and build her own business empire. Though she wants the underground to be apart of it as well as the surface.'' Bently said.
''Tillie...'' Shadow mused. ''Spoilt, blonde twenty-something, throws tantrum if she doesn't get her own way..?'' She hazarded.
''You know her?'' Bently said, surprised.
Everyone turned in their seat and looked at the Weredragon expectantly.

''I got hunting on her land on a regular basis. Only caught glimpses though, not personally met her.''
''Sounds like a right bint to me.'' Tiffany snorted.
''That's one way of describing her.'' Bently said.
''What'll happen if the Humans win?'' Xan asked, dreading the answer, as was everyone else.
''We'll be out of our jobs.'' Tiffany said bleakly.

''Well, we could always do what every other decent citizen of the underground would do in a situation like this...'' Hillary said, slowly stroking her one of her fangs with her tongue. ''Make their lives hell and drive them out, and back up to the surface where they should be.'' The Vampire grinned.
''I could always give them a friendly warning...'' Shadow said, with a grin as evil and hungry as Hillary's.


Shadow unlocked her door and stepped into what most surface dwellers would call and old, closed off section of sewer pipe.
It was thirty feet by twelve, which gave her just enough room to live comfortably.
A double bed and old wardrobe were pushed up against the far, flat wall. Everything had been made to fit perfectly into the cylindrical living space, even a metal floor had been installed to make moving around easier.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment