Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Cheap Shot

After Shadow decided she'd had enough on her own planet, after the incident at the Prytchard Facility, she moved planets and got a job in an underground city.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 5 - Cheap Shot

Chapter 5 - Cheap Shot
''You did what?'' Xan chuckled.
''Hey! She should appreciate that. Black Spotted Deer are very rare!'' Shadow protested lightly.
''Is it true they taste like Chicken?'' Xan mused after a moment's pause.
''Kinda, yeah.'' Shadow replied and Xan cracked up.
''It was entertaining, but I don't think daddie's too impressed.'' He said struggling to control himself and nodded towards Meyark as he stamped up the catwalk towards them.

Behind the business suited man, a thin, blonde haired woman with bright red lips, nails and a matching blouse and mini slirt scuttled after him, her heels clicking and scraping across the metal catwalk as she dodged the undergrounders, cursing angriyly and brushing herself off whenever she made contact with any of them.

''I demand to see Bently!'' Meyark bellowed, his face reddening with rage.
Shadow and Xan side stepped neatly infront of the Humans.
''Out of my way!'' He growled angrily.
''Not unless either of you have an official club pass or an appointment.''

As Meyark rummaged in his pockets, Tillie gave the bouncers a quick once over and dismissed their unearthly appearances with a disgusted grunt.

''Oh look. The guv's got a note.'' Xan said flatly. ''Shadow, go with 'em.''
''Great. I get stuck with the bint and her master.'' Shadow grumbled and got a glare off Meyark and his daughter.
''Aren't there any lights in here?'' Tillie whined as they made their way down the entrance corridoor.
''Don't worry darling, in a couple of weeks, all this will be yours to do with as you please.'' Meyark reaussured her, opening the set of interior doors, releasing a wave of rythmic noise and heat.
Shadow snarled angrily behind them as she listened to Tillie's plans of renovation.


''I know you were behind the dumping of that carcass on my daughter's door step!'' Meyark snarled.

The small, dark green creature capped his pen and leaned back in his chair.
''I assure you, I did no such thing. If I wanted to do anything like that, I'd have done it in more taste and with more style.''
He looked past Meyark's head and glanced quickly at Shadow who was trying hard to keep her composure.

Meyark and Tillie shot the smirking bouncer a glare and she immediately went straight faced.
''I know someone in this club was behind.'' Meyark growled.
''It was gross! It's gonna take me weeks to get rid of the smell of rotting flesh. And the blood has soaked into the wood!'' Tillie whined.

She looked over at Shadow and caught her trying to force a grin back.
''It was you! You sick dog!'' She squeeled.
Shadow didn't say anything. She just raised an eyebrow.
''You got proof?'' She said calmly.
''What about the murder of my body guard?'' Meyark snapped.
''What about it?'' Bently put in, calmly watching everyone from behind his desk.
Meyark gaped like a fish a few times, the vein in his forehead starting to throb.
He spun on his heel and looked down at Bently.

''I will have this club.'' He hissed menacingly and proceeded to shunt his daughter towards the door.
He paused at Shadow, looked her over and grunted. She flinched as he pulled a bit off fluff out of her dark, red streaked hair.
''Damn bouncers can't even keep themselves clean.'' He grunted and continued shuttling Tillie out of the office.

Bently looked over his desk at Shadow with raised eyebrows.
''That fracker just pulled a bit of my hair out!'' She said in miffed anger.
''He's plotting something..'' Bently mused.
''I've just been violated!'' Shadow said, rubbing her head.
''Wonder what he's got up his sleeve this time..''
''Can't believe that.. Cheeky git.''
''You're excused Shadow. I'll see you later.'' Bently said, snapping out of his ponderings and he settled back into his chair.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment