Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Seeing Double

After Shadow decided she'd had enough on her own planet, after the incident at the Prytchard Facility, she moved planets and got a job in an underground city.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 6 - Seeing Double

Chapter 6 - Seeing Double
''You could've just settled for a verbal warning instead of snapping the guy's arm!'' Xan said, horrified at the sudden action.
Shadow just gave the bouncer a sidelong glance and grunted.
It'd been a week since Meyark and his daughter Tillie came to Neon Junction over the sudden appearance of a Stag's carcass on Tillie's front porch.
''What the hell's gotten into you Shads? You've been acting really weird for days now.''
She didn't say anything, she just continued staring ahead, at the brightly lit shops on the opposite catwalk.
She mumbled something to herself and walked into the club, leaving Xan stoop open mouthed on the club's door step.


''Where the hell have you been?'' Xan snapped as he looked Shadow over, his grey eyebrows knitting together in a frown.
''I had a fews days off, so I've been doing what I usually do in my spare time.'' She looked at her annoyed collegue. ''What's happened...? The club ain't been sold, has it?'' She said with wide eyes.
''Don't play that card with me. You've insulted near enough everyone and put two of our customers in hospital. I'm surprised you ain't had your arse kicked or been fired yet.''
Shadow looked at him strangely. ''Where's Bently? In his office?''
''You should know. You've been in and out of the building a few times in the past three hours, albeit in a slightly unconventional way...''
Shadow followed his gaze down to the emergency exit a few metres down to her left and frowned.

''Definately weren't me. I tend to use the front door. And I only insult people when they deserve it. That and I've been away for a couple of days, remember?''
Xan looked at the Weredragon, puzzlement settling in his features.
''What....?''
''Club's full.'' Xan said, casting a barrier spell on the front door so that people could get out, but not in.
The black double door shimmered an icy blue, signalling that the spell had worked and was at full strength.

''What're you doing?''
''Comming with you.'' Xan grunted and followed Shadow to the emergency exit.
Xan ran a large paw like hand across the the door and it clicked open, releasing a wave of hot, musty air.
Shadow stepped into the brightly lit corridoor and inhaled deeply.

''This may sound stupid, but I can smell myself...'' Shadow murmered. ''But something's wrong...''
''I know what you mean. It's not as musky as what I usually pick up from you...''
The corners of Shadow's mouth curled slightly as Xan pushed past her and strode towards the interior door, opening it and releasing a wave of hot air, rythmicly throbbing with the beat of the music, into the corridoor.

The two bouncers stepped into the writhing mass of people on the dance floor as they moved to the rythm of the music that was being pumped out of hidden speakers dotted about the dimly lit main room of the club.
They split up and went in different directions, following the snatches of Weredragon scent that was quickly being mingled with those of the club goers.
The scent grew stronger as Shadow neared the bar. Sliding to the opposite end as she saw a twin of herself hunched over a drink.
In the blink of an eye, Hillary was infront of Shadow, demanding to know what was going on.

''.... So that isn't you...?'' The Vampire said, breaking her hypnotiv gaze away from Shadow and glanced over her shoulder at the imposter.
''Where the hell did she come from?'' Shadow hissed as she recovered from Hillary's trance.
Hillary shrugged. ''Clonig...?'' She offered helplessly.
Shadow remembered what had happened at the Prytchard facility and remembered Meyark's last visit.

She snarled angrily and stood up. ''I think you just hit the nail right on the head.''
Shadow came up behind her twin, taking her by surprise as she forced her head into the counter.
Those within earshot turned to watch what was happening as the clone scarbbled to her feet, dark blood pouring from the wound on her head. The twin leaned on the bar, struggling to focus on her opponent, the crowd whooping and cheering as Shadow smashed her fist into the clone's face and watched as she slumped to the floor.
''Didn't see that one comming.'' Hillary said, leaning on the bar.


''No corpses on the door step.'' Bently said. ''No matter how amusing it was last time.'' He added sternly.
''How can you kill her anyway? Even though she's an imposter, she's your own flesh and blood. She was created from you!''
Shadow regarded the limp body of her twin cooly as she lay unconsciouse on Bently's sofa in his office.

Bently was right. Even though the twin was created from Shadow, she was an imposter, here to bring Neon Junction to it's knees. She wasn't about to let that happen, having already seen what damage to other independant businesses Meyark had done up on the surface, driving them out of business anyway he could, allowing his own to grow and spread across the continents like a disease.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment