Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Dirty Little Secret

After Shadow decided she'd had enough on her own planet, after the incident at the Prytchard Facility, she moved planets and got a job in an underground city.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 7 - Dirty Little Secret

Chapter 7 - Dirty Little Secret
Shadow's twin stirred and quietly burbled something before sloqly opening her eyes to stare in horror at the three figures looming over her.
She looked from Bently's look of intrigue, to Shadow's cold, hard stare, daring her to try something. A male voice murmered something from behind the original Weredragon and she growled something back.

''Sorry. You're right. We gotta get rid of it, before it causes more trouble.'' He said smoothly.
The twin looked into the birght green eyes of the Reptillian Humanoid, then a sudden recollection of what had ahppened flooded her mind. She sprang to her feet and almost fell over when as pain flashed in her head.

She focused on the door behind the three, who were ready to pounce at any moment.
She looked warily at the their faces, patiently waiting for the slightest sign of relaxation.
Before anyone knew what was happening, the twin had pushed her way past them and was at the door, her grip on the handle yanked free as Ode grabbed her arm, pulling her backwards. She swore angrily and brought her elbow up into the Reptillian's gut . She snatched her arm free as Ode bent over, huffing, and was about to open the door when Shadow tackled her from behind, splintering the door as they both collided with it.
Shadow wrapped herself around the clone, pinning her arms to her sides as she struggled and bucked beneathe her on the floor, snarling, whisps of smoke curling from her nostrils.

''Give her back dead or alive?'' Ode said laberously as he slowly starightened.
''I say we kill her.'' Shadow grunted.
''I say we question her before we do anything of the sort.'' Bently said calmly, running a webbed hand across her head, smoothing down curling strands of black hair. ''Stand her up please.''
Shadow did as the small, dark green creature said and dragged the twin to her feet.
''Now, why are you here?'' Bently asked politely, looking up at Shadow's clone as she and Ode held her.
The imposter grunted defiantly and struggled again.
''Ode, go cover the bar for Hillary.''
Ode nodded and cautiously released his grip on the twin before disappearing through the office door and back out into the darkened main room of the Neon Junction night club.

A couple of minutes later, Hillary sauntered into the room, her silver eyes aglitter with intrigue.
''Ode's already told me what's happened.'' She reassured and wheeled on the clone, the black of her pupils swallowing her silvery irises.
''Why are you here, child?'' Hillary said, her voice now smooth and irresistably hypnotic.
The twin blinked, unable to break eye contact with the Vampire, desperately trying to stop the truth from spilling forth.
''I - I was sent her by Governor Meyark to try and shut Neon Junction down.'' She said.
Hillary raised a perfectly formed eyebrow and looked from Shadow to Bently.
''If you two are gonna do a number on Meyark and his poor excuse for a daughter, Tillie, can I come with?'' Hillary said, grinning with excitement.
Bently paused a moment before answering, then nodded.
''We're taking the body back with us.''
''Awesome.'' Shadow sneered, and her twin's eyes widened with alarm.

Bently shuddered at the sound of cracking bone, but quickly regained himself and looked down at the limp body of the Weredragon's clone, lying at her feet, head at an awkward angle.
''Right,'' He breathed ''I best let you know what we're going to do tonight.''


Meyark was at his daughter's house. He always was on Thursdays.
Bently and Hillary stayed out of sight, letting Shadow navigate through the maze of security systems on the woman's property.
She dumped the body near the over grown pond around the back of the house, then headed back for Hillary and Bently who were waiting patiently behind a thick plantation of bushes near the front drive way.

Hillary took a firm but easy grip on Shadow's arm, giving the illusion that she was the clone. Bently rang the door bell a couple of times, the light, cheerful tinkling echoing through the huge house.
Eventually someone answered the door.

The maid stood in the doorway in her black and white uniform, open mouthed, a mix of fear and distaste spread across her slim, ageing features.
''Good evening miss.'' Bently said politely, taking his hat off. ''I am Mr. Bently Mahdrick. This is my associate Hillary Larc. Is Governor Meyark here tonight? I presume he's here visiting his daughter, but I'm afraid this is important and cannot wait, because I have something of his.''
Shadow grunted and wriggled on cue, playing the captured clone.

The maid gave a swift nod and scuttled back inside, leaving the three standing on the front porch. A few minutes later she came back and showed them into a small, well furnished side room where they were left to wait for Meyark.
''First time I've ever seen a Human move that quick.'' Hillary said with a grin.
Shadow looked over her shoulder at the Vampire and she returned the Weredragon's questioning look with a hungry smile.

''If either of you eat the maid, I will fire you both on the spot.'' Bently said from his perch on the edge of the deep red sofa.
''Ah, Bently. What is the purpose of your visit this time?'' Meyark's voice drifted from the doorway.
''I believe this belongs to you.'' Bently grunted.
Hillary shoved Shadow forward and she swore as she nearly lost her balance.
''Ah.'' He said, looking Shadow over. ''I see you found out about my dirty little secret.''
''Or one of.'' Hillary snorted.

Meyark smiled stightly. ''I take it my little infiltrator hasn't made you want to sell...?''
''Hardly. It'll take more than a cloe to scare away me and my customers Meyark. Your attempts have been weak to say the least.'' Bently sneered.
''Weak? HA! That's rich comming from the creature who's just brought me the real deal.''
Bently cocked his head.
''This isn't the clone you fool!'' Meyark cackled.
''I know. But I think you'll find that your little experiment is closer to home than you realise. Good Bye.'' Bently said smoothly and strode out of the room.
Shadow shuddered at the experiment comment and quickly followed Bently and Hillary out of the room, shouldering past Meyark on her way out.
''You realise I'm going to have to take what's rightfully mine by force, don't you?'' The Human called from the door.

Bently stalled for a second, and without turing replied '' It isn't rightfully yours, Meyark. I've signed no papers and the underground is non of you or your governing friend's business, problem or territory, so I suggest you stick to the world you know, otherwise someone could get hurt.''
''Indeed...'' Meyark finished quietly as the polished white front door clicked solemnly shut.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment