Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Equal Counterpart

After Shadow decided she'd had enough on her own planet, after the incident at the Prytchard Facility, she moved planets and got a job in an underground city.

Everything (c) me (Amy)

Chapter 10 - Equal Counterpart

Chapter 10 - Equal Counterpart
While Xan, Bently and five of the Mayor's men went after Meyark, Hillary went after Tillie with three more of the Mayor's men as backup, leaving Shadow to hunt down and dispose of the other Weredragon before it struck.


The ground fog swirled and parted as Shadow swooped into a low, effortless glide across the fields. She flared her nostrils and flicked her tongue out as she tested the air for signs of the other Weredragon. The moon shone bright in the clear sky as she weaved gracefully across the fields, following the snatches of Weredragon scent that hung in the damp air.

She followed the scent towards an old farm, where it became stronger and more distinct.
The other Weredragon wasn't fully mature yet. She could feel his prescence. The feeling and scent grew stronger as she neered an old silo, then started to grow weak as she glided silently past it.

She wheeled and back towards the silo, head swinging from side to side, nostrils flaring and forked tongue flicking in and out as she searched for his exact location. Shadow caught a glimmer of bronze scales as she looked down into the broken domed roof of the old grain silo and hissed a challenge, baring her fangs. The bronze below her moved and a hiss echoed back up to her as she hung in the night sky.

The younger Weredragon clumsily launched himself upwards, talons and teeth gleaming white in the moonlight. Shadow folded her wings and dove out of the way, righting herself as mere few feet off the ground, using the momentum to barrel into the circling Dragon above, sending him flailing to the ground below with a screech of surprise.
He hit the moist ground hard, sending the ground fog swirling and billowing as he scrabbled to his feet. He flared his wings but Shadow came down hard on him. He curled his neck around and snapped at the larger, dark blue Weredragon as she started ripping and clawing at his scales.

Shadow roared in pain as his teeth sank into her shoulder. The bronze writhed and bucked her off. Flailing his spiked tail, he caught her in the chest.
She rolled across the ground out of his reach and watched in momentary shock as a cloud of fire rolled towards her. Hot pain tore through her body, making her stand rigid as the fire enveloped her. She kept her eyes squeezed shut as the roaring of the fire subsided. When she opened them, the young bronze was stood staring at her, a mix of puzzlement and fear on his long features.

She blinked again and hazarded a look down at her foreclaws. The armour that covered her legs and claws were slightly charred, as was the rest of her armour. She remembered how she got the armour and grinned evilly as the fog hissed and steamed around her as it made contact on the hot armour plating of her body. She padded forward, fangs bared.

The bronze staggered backwards, hissing and growling, then flared his wings and lept. Shadow darted after him, but he tucked a wing in and banked sharply out of the way before resuming his hasty retreat.

She followed him, keeping close, singing and snapping at his tail and feet. After a few minutes of fast flying, a large, mansion like house appeared on the horizon, surrounded by acres of land. It was Meyark's.

The bronze let out a roar and dove towards the house as fast as he could. Shadow could smell Xan's scent mixed with blood as she neared, eventually picking up snatches of muffled shouting. The bronze Weredragon wheeled the intricate dome in the house's roof and screamed in terror as Shadow dove on him from above, sending them both through the domed roof and into the main entrance hall below. They slammed into the polished marble floor, sending cracks branching out from under them. All other motion in the hallway stopped dead as the two Weredragons snapped and slashed at eat other, the young bronze refusing to give up, but was quickly tiring as he squirmed under Shadow who had him pinned.

She slashed at the side of his head and sank her teeth into his exposed neck. His hissing screech of anger reverberrated through the large house as Shadow yanked her head back, tearing his throat out, spilling his black blood across the grey marble floor.
She looked up as a scream of anger ripped through the following silence.

She roared, showing her long, bloodied fangs and Meyark stopped dead in his tracks, face white with rage. He wiped ineffectually at his nose as blood poured from it where someone had taken a swing at him.

Xan was stood behind him, Polar Bear-esque features locked in concentration. Everyone took a couple of steps back, the Mayor's men looking at each other in puzzlement as Meyark's skin began to blister and the smell of burning flesh filled the air.

Xan continued concentrating, his lips barely twitching as he mentally recited the incantation.
Meyark yelled in confusion and agony as his body started burning. He collapsed to the floor and writhed, desperately trying to beat out non existant flames. It only took a few minutes for Xan's spell to reduce the man to a black, smouldering corpse.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment