Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 2 - Whomp's Toll

First fan fic ever! =O

Nintendo stuff (c) Nintendo
Shelly, Lee, Kev, Bau, Karmella (c) me

Chapter 2 - Whomp's Toll

Chapter 2 - Whomp's Toll
''Ok. So what you're trying to say is that I'm nowhere my own planet?'' Shelly said as she padded down the dirt track that wound across the bright fields.
''Well, you obviously ain't on your own planet.'' The Bau said as he floated beside her.
''Great. So I gotta ask someone if I can borrow their space ship.'' Shelly grumbled, suddenly feeling very alone.
''Er, no. You got here by magic, so that's how you're gonna get back.''

The grey Panther and ghost travelled in silence for a few minutes.
''Do you have a name?'' Shelly asked suddenly.
''What?''
''Well I can't keep calling you Boo. You must have a name.''
''I do. And you can.''
''Huh?'' Shelly gave him a puzzled look.
''It's my name.''
''What, Boo?''
''Yup. Spelt B - A - U. Bau.'' He said. ''What about you?''
''I'm Shelly.''

They continued on for the next half hour in silence.
''Once we get to the town, you're on your own.''
''Wait, you're gonna abandone me?'' Shelly squeeked.
''I just said I'll help you. That's what I'm doing. Helping you. All you gotta do in town is ask Karmella to send you home.''
Shelly stared at Bau in horror.

''She's a Magikoopa. And a damn good one too. Just tell her that Bau'll owe her for it.''
When they arrived at the bridge that crossed the river, they were startled by a large slab of stone glaring down at them.
''What the hell is that?!'' Shelly exclaimed.

''More to the point, why didn't we see it from the hill?'' Bau said and cursed. ''Oi, you glorified flag stone! Outta our way!'' He shouted angrily.
''You pay Whomp twenty coins to pass.'' It growled.
''Twenny coins? I ain't got that kind of money! Out of our way!''
''Or what?'' The Whomp said menacingly as he towered over the pair.
''We'll tip you over!'' Shelly hazarded defiantly.
''Backwards!'' Bau added.

The Whomp shuddered and toppled forward. Shelly dived to one side and coughed harshly on the mass of swirling dust.
She watched as the Whomp awkwardly righted itself, leaving a flat, round white circle on the floor in the center of an imprint of it's huge face.
''Bau!'' Shelly screamed.
A muffled ''I'm ok'' drifted up from the floor.

Bau grunted and popped back into shape with some effort.
''That was unexpected.'' He said, rubbing his head.
''Boo and kitty girl pay up now or suffer another Whomping.'' It growled.
''NEVER!'' Bau shouted defiantly, and Shelly winced, covering her eyes as the Whomp shuddered again. Bau passed right through the Whomp as it fell, drawing a sigh of unexpected relief from Shelly.

''Run!'' He shouted at Shelly and the pair took off across the bridge, leaving the angry Whomp behind.
''Gawd.'' The Boo panted. '' I ain't moved that quick in years.''
''Well, we're nearly there.'' Shelly wheezed as she looked into the distance.
''Oh good. The sooner we get there, the sooner we can both go 'ome.''


The old town bustled around them. Shouts and calls of different natures filled the air as the various residents went about their daily business.
''It's market day.'' Bau grunted as a Goomba passed through him.
''I did notice.'' Shelly said, trying not to giggle at the ghost.

They made their way across the market square, weaving and dodging through the heaving masses of bodies.
Bau pointed out a deep purple tent with gold markings set up in a quiet corner.
''That's Karmella's tent.'' Bau said ''Good luck.''

Bau retreated back into the crowd before Shelly could say anything, leaving her stood alone in an alien town, looking at the surroundings. She walked towards the tent and gingerly pulled back the curtain and peered into the gloomy interior of the tent. Two double candle stands stood diagonally from one another, lighting up a round table in the middle.

A robed figure with glasses sat at the table, calmly watching her.
''The outcast is on his way home now.'' Karmella said softly '' But you. You don't want to go home, do you?''
''Yes I do! That's why I'm here!''
''Ah. That home. I'm afraid I can't send you there.''
''Why not?''
''I can only see things with my crystal ball and create simple potions. Half of my power is missing. If you want to go back to your false home, you'll have to retrieve my star.''

Shelly stared open mouthed at the Magikoopa. Karmella stood up and shuffled around the table and towards the small, grey Panther.
''Ever wonder why no one at school liked you Shelly? It was because you didn't belong there. They knew that. They knew you were an outcast.''
Shelly gaped, and Karmella raised a hand. ''I'm sure you'll find out more on your trek up north.''
''How'd you know my name?'' Shelly asked suspiciously.

Karmella just grinned and placed a deep purple bag in her paw.
''There's a map, twenty coins and some food in there. Only return once you have found my Power Star. Now shoo!'' Karmella said and ushered Shelly back out into the market square.

She squinted in the bright light and gripped the bag tightly and headed for the north gate.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment