Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 4 - Footless And Body Heat Free

First fan fic ever! =O

Nintendo stuff (c) Nintendo
Shelly, Lee, Kev, Bau, Karmella (c) me

Chapter 4 - Footless And Body Heat Free

Chapter 4 - Footless And Body Heat Free
Shelly let Kev lead the way to the edge of the forest as she explained how she got to the Mushroom Kingdom.
The grey and black Spikey Koopa listened with interest, absorbing and answering any of her questions as best he could.

''So, were all these Felines like me?'' She asked.
''Small and pale? Supposedly, yeah. But when their numbers started dwindling, they opened the city gates to whoever turned up with one of the silver pendants they hid through out the world. It was always people like you or me who turned up on their door step though. It was like the world guardians were giving the loners, wanderers and out casts a second chance to do something with themselves and also giving them a chance to fit in with a crowd. Unfortunately, that's pretty much all I know on that subject. I'd love to learn more, but there's just no way how.''
Shelly paused a moment. ''Hmmm... Out cast. Sums me up in one.''

Kev nodded in grim agreement.
''So, what were you doing in the forest?''
''Looking for something. Dunno what I'm looking for, but I'm pretty certain I'll know it when I see it.'' He chirped. ''Kinda like you actually...''
The forest started thinning out and they stepped out into a wide valley.

''Woah.'' Shelly said in open mouthed awe as she looked at the lush green vastness.
''Once we get to the otherside of this valley, we'll be about half way there.'' Kev said.
''Only one problem though; The place is inhabited by Shy Guys.'' Said a familiar voice from behind.

The pair spun around and gave a short shriek as an evil face dominated their field of vision.
Bau cackled and floated back a few feet and sighed.

''If you wann be getting throguh Shy Valley in one piece, I'd suggest dressing and acting as a Shy Guy.'' The Boo said and pulled out three red robes with white masks.
''I thought you went home?'' Shelly said.
''I did. Buuuut Karmella started pestering me about the whole situation.'' Bau huffed. ''Anyway, who and what the hell are you?'' He said, pointing a stubby arm at the Spikey Koopa.
''I'm a Spikey Koopa.'' Kev replied defensively.

Bau looked him over, a smile slowly spreading across his face and he started laughing.
''Shut it, sheet face. I can probably haunt a lot better than you can.'' Kev snapped.
Bau stopped laughing and glared at the Koopa. ''So what if I'm smaller than most Boos. Doesn't make me any less meaner.'' He grumbled.

''When you two are done with arguing, could we please move on? Now, gimme a robe and mask.'' Shelly said and Bau handed her a long, red robe along with a near featurless mask that sent shivers up and done the Panther's spine when she looked at it.
''Well, you gonna put it on or what?'' Bau said impatiently.
Shelly blinked then nodded numbly, pulling the robe over her her, fastening the belt and pulling the mask on as Kev had done.

''Y'know, they're probably gonna notice that you're footless.'' Kev said as they approached the town that dominated a large part of the valley.
''I think they'll be paying more attention to those spikes of yours that are threatening to tear through the fabric of your robe.'' Bau retorted.
''We appreciate the robes Bau, but you didn't have to come with us.'' Shelly said, hoping to stop the argument before it fully erupted.

''You're right; I didn't have to come, it's just that, well... I'm looking for something too. Have been for the past two weeks.'' The ghost said hesitantly.
''What were you looking for?'' Kev asked.
Bau shrugged and continued on in silence.


Shy Town wasn't very busy. It was clean, quiet and a had a somewhat welcoming aire to it. There were a couple of shops, a restaurant and an inn lining the narrow street they were walking down.
''What do we do now? There doesn't seem to be another way out.'' Shelly said, starting to feel worried.

''We look for a warp pipe.'' Bau said as he too started to feel uneasy.
''Then I suggest we do so quick. I have a horrible feeling we're being watched.'' Kev agreed.
''What's a warp pipe?'' Shelly hissed, suddenly feeling the need to keep her voice level low as they entered the centre of the town, many masked faces turning to look at them.

''You'll know it when you see it.'' Bau whispered as they continued across the town center.
Two blue Shy Guys stepped out in front of them as they passed under an arch and blocked their route.
Shelly could hear Bau quietly swearing to himself whilst Kev had stopped dead, standing stone still.
''So much for the disguises.'' She mumbled to herself as the two Shy Guys eyed them suspiciously.

''Where're your feet?'' One of them asked.
''Runs in the family.'' Bau said automatically.
''You done this before?'' Kev whispered, low enough for Shelly and Bau to hear.
''I'm used to getting into and causing trouble. It's a Boo trait.''
The Shy Guy motioned to his partner who promptly stepped forward and removed the three's masks.

''They're not as dim as they look, are they?'' Bau said quietly, the corners of his mouth curving into a smile.
''Dispose of the intruders!'' Shouted the other Shy Guy, and soon they were surrounded by multicoloured robes, all wearing the same, bleak expressions.

The mob of Shy Guys grabbed them and hauled them off down a wide street, towards a low, carved stone pipe. They dropped the three down the pipe one by one as if they were chucking rubbish into a bin.


Shelly, Kev and Bau landed roughly on the uneven stone floor below. The air was cold and musty, and the faint sound of dripping water and stone gently grinding on stone echoed about the dimly lit chamber.

''Where are we?'' Shelly coughed.
''Below Shy Town in some kind of dungeon.'' Bau said, looking around into the murk.
''I think we're a bit further away than that.'' Kev said, nrushing himself off as he stood up. ''That pipe had more twists and turns, ups and downs than a roller coaster.''
''But we're definately underground, right?'' Shelly asked nervously.
''Definately.'' Kev said.

''I think,'' Bau said, looking at the masinry. ''We're in an old fort somewhere...''
''I thought you said dungeon?'' Shelly asked.
''I did. And that's where we are. In the dungeon of an old fortress.'' Bau replied cooly, still taking in his surroundings.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment