Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Dry Bones

First fan fic ever! =O

Nintendo stuff (c) Nintendo
Shelly, Lee, Kev, Bau, Karmella (c) me

Chapter 6 - Dry Bones

Chapter 6 - Dry Bones
''Compulsive would be one way of putting it...'' They grey Panther huffed as she climbed onto the top step next to Bau.
She carefully poked her head out from the relative safety of the stair case and looked up. There didn't appear to be any Thwomps lurking in the roof. Shelly let out a small sigh of reliefe then looked to her left then right.
There were lots of bones scattered about. Some bones of the prisoners who'd been left behind in their cells, though the majority seemed to be skeletons of Koopas, some with armour on, most without.

''Dry Bones.'' Kev said, observing the scene from over Shelly's shoulder.
''Dare I ask what that is?''
''Dead Koopas. You knock 'em down, then they get right back up after a second or two.''
''There's loads of them...'' Bau said in a hushed tone.
Shelly looked back at the grey and black Spikey Koopa. ''Do you have any of those Bob-ombs left?'' She asked.
''A couple, why?''
''Incase they decide to lynch us.'' She replied, looking back at the masses of white bones.
They carefully edged into the large room, the slowly fading sunlight filtering in through the barred windows.

''There's our exit.'' Bau said softly, pointing to a barless window. ''The bars are long gone and the exterior wall is climbable.''
They picked their way through the bones and stone debris that littered the floor and carefully made their way towards the window. The faint sound of bones slowly scraping together froze them in mid stride. They slowly looked around at the armourless Koopa skeletons that were now stood, watching them with interest, their white pupils gently glowing in their black sockets.

''Kay...'' Kev said slowly. ''Forget the whole 'be cautiouse' thing, just get to the window as quick as possible...'' He said from the corner of his mouth.
The three took of at a sprint towards the window and the Dry Bones shrieked and went after them, their bones rattling loudly as they moved, charging towards the three from all directions, swarming around them in a clattering sea of white, jostling, scratching and biting.

Shelly lost her footing and fell to the floor, white, beaked faces filling her vision. A black and grey blur shattered a trio of Dry Bones, and when she looked up, she saw Kev emerging from his shell, kicking and punching at the throng of skeletons. She managed to find room to pull herself and lashed out at the Dry Bones herself, soon realising that Kev was holding a small black bomb with eyes in his hand, it's key slowly turning and it's fuse fizzing wildly.

''Get out the window!'' He shouted above the din and tossed the small bob-omb.
He grabbed her wrist and dragged her through the crowd, towards the window where Bau was fending off more Dry Bones with an old metal pipe.

Kev barreled into the ghost and sent him backwards out of the window.
Shelly quickly climbed down the uneven exterior wall with Kev following closely behind her. They desperately clinged to the stone as the explosion shook the fortress and rained debris down on them.

''I think that one had a little too much gun powder in it.'' Kev coughed.
''You think?'' Bau sputtered from the ground as he shook dirt and debris off himself.
Kev and Shelly climbed down and joined the Boo.
''You tow alright?'' He asked.
''I've been better.' Shelly replied with a slight shake in her voice
''Eh, I'll live.'' Kev said, trying to reach a bone that had gotten wedged between the spikes on his shell.

Shelly reached over and plucked it from him, throwing it across the old courtyard.
''Thankyou.'' He sighed.
''And thankyou for saving me. Again.''
''When we're done with the nicities, I'd like to get the hell outta here.'' Bau said, nervously looking around at the decaying, overgrown front courtyard.
Shelly pulled her map from her bag and unfurled it.
''Where abouts are we?'' She asked.

''Here.'' Kev said after a moment, pointing to a small picture of a fortress. ''That's our current location.
''Wow. Those Shy Guys really did us a favour.''
Kev and Shelly stared at Bau.
''What? Thwomp's fortress is only a day and a half's trek from the Power Star's location.'' Bau added.
''Then what're we waiting for? Let's go.'' Shelly said.
The three of them headed out of the main gates and started east, leaving the Thwomp's Fortress behind.


Flowery meadows spread out in all directions and soon the moon was shining brightly in the sky, giving everything a gently glow.
''Looks like we're sleeping under the stars tonight.'' Kev said looking up.
Shelly looked in her bag and groaned. ''I'm almost out of food. I only have enough for tonight.''
''Same here.'' Kev said with a sigh and sat down heavily in the long grass.
''There's a house over the next hill. I can get you some more grub tomorrow.'' Bau said, settling down next to them in the grass.

''Wow. Why the sudden burst of charity?'' Kev asked, surprised.
''Well.... You're really the only ones who've been nice to me.'' Bau said awkwardly.
''Surely you've got other friends?'' Shelly asked.
Bau shook his head.

''Yeah, don't Boos usually hang around in groups?'' Kev said.
''Not me. I was laughed out of my tribe, or whatever you wanna call it.''
''Why?''
''Because I'm rubbish at the regualr Boo stuff. And I'm smaller...'' He said with downcast eyes.
They sat in silence for twenty minutes before they fell asleep.

Comments

Comments (1)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FlameShadow on June 2, 2008, 11:36:05 PM

FlameShadow on
FlameShadowAww. Poor Bau