Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Chain Chomp's Bath

First fan fic ever! =O

Nintendo stuff (c) Nintendo
Shelly, Lee, Kev, Bau, Karmella (c) me

Chapter 9 - Chain Chomp's Bath

Chapter 9 - Chain Chomp's Bath
Shelly slowly picked up the Power Star from it's hiding place in the rockery, it's shining golden surface sooth and warm in her paws. She felt it's raw power vibrating up her arms as she held it and a brief moment of sadness came over her. A part of her wanted to go home, back to her husband. The other part of her wanted to stay here, in the Mushroom Kingdom with Kev and Bau.
''Shelly....'' Taunted an eerie voice and she stepped back, almost dropping the Star when an evil face on a sheet of white appeared in front of her.
''Huh!'' She squeeked. ''What?''
''We gotta get this back to Karmella so's you can go home. Remember? Or are you still lost in dreamland?'' The Boo said. ''Put it in the bag and let's get going before we get kicked out.''


''Ugh, my clothes are soaked!'' Shelly said, wrining our the bottom of her shirt.
She'd lost her hair band on the water slide so now her long red curls clung to her face, slowly drying in the afternoon sun.
''At least you don't have water in your shell.'' Kev grunted as he stopped to wriggle out of his shell, pouring out water as he turned it upside down.
Bau and Shelly laughed and sat down in the grass to rest, but their chatter was soon cut short when the ground started vibraying beneath them They looked around as the vibrations became stronger, the sound of metal being smashed together, a strange metallic barking filling the silence of the meadows.

''That sounds like a Chain Chomp...'' Kev said nervously.
''It doesn't sound too happy...'' Shelly said.
''You're right. It ain't happy, and it's comming this way!'' Bau said, looking behind at a Chain Chomp cresting the hill, bounding towards them, heat radiating from it's read hot body. When it spotted them, it picked up it's pace, buring a black track into the ground as it moved.
''Run!'' A voice shouted from above. ''Run back towards the river!''
The three didn't bother looking up, they just obeyed, turned tail and ran towards the river as fast as they could, the Chain Chomp closing the gap between them.

''The bags!'' Kev shouted over the noise, looking over his shoulder.
''Leave them!'' Shelly said and grabbed his arm, propelling him forward with her.
She couldn't believe what she'd just said. The Power Star was in one of those bags, she wouldn't be able to get hom if it were lost. And what would Karmella say if half her magic were to be destroyed? The bags bounced high into the air as the angry Chain Chomp gained, snapping it's mouth shut as the shoulder sacks fell back down, disappearing into the dark innards of the metal beast.

''Get onto the far bank!'' The voice shouted again. ''You'll be safe there!''
Shelly, Bau and Kev splashed into the water, swimming to the opposite side, hauling themselves up onto the muddy bank panting heavily. They stood frozen to the spot in the grass, watching in horror as the Chain Chomp bounded towards them with angry determination, poised, ready to start running again. The Chain Chomp landed heavily in the water and stopped dead. It's seering red colour darkening to black as the water steamed and hissed.

''It seems... Happier now...'' Shelly huffed and Kev and Bau nodded dumbly.
They jumped as a short, plump figure landed in the grass beside them.
''Thankyou for calming down my pet.'' Beamed a richly dressed female Toad.
''Your... Pet?'' Shelly sputtered looking back at the living ball and chain as it wallowed happily in the river.
''It ate our stuff.' Kev said blankly as he watched it.
''Oh dear... I'm terribly sorry. She will spit them out eventually, I pormise. She doesn't have a strong stomach.'' The Toad said reassuringly.
''A Chain Chomp that can't handle what it eats? That's a first.'' Bau said, trying not to laugh.
The Toad fell silent and looked them over, tsking, slowly shaking her head.
''You three look worn and hungry.'' She said in a sorrowful tone. ''Where are you headed?''

A short pause.
''A small town a few miles south west of here.'' Bau said.
''Hmm... Yes.'' The Toad said thoughtfullu. ''I know where you mean. I'll take you there if you like.''
The three looked at each other, then at the Toad and then up at her air ship that now loomed directly above them.
''That would be much appreciated, thankyou.'' Kev said, smiling.
''Marco!'' She shouted suddenly and another Toad landed beside her. ''Walk Matilda home, would you? There's a good man.''
He approached the Chain Chomp without fuss and calmly brought her out of the water, taking her chain and leading her off in the direction they came.

''She's a big softie really; loves cuddles and attention. Unfortunately, Chain Chomps are notorious for over heating in the summer.'' She said as a basket was lowered. ''Oh forgive me. Where are my manners? I'm Loanna. And you are?'' She extended her hand and the three introduced themselves before climbing into the basket.


''First thing I'm gonna do when I get home is board up the doors, windows and fire places.'' Bau said from across the table on the air ship.
''I think I might just sleep for the next couple of days.'' Kev said, rubbing his eyes and stifling a yawn. ''What about you Shelly?''
''Uhm...'' She sighed as she stared out of the window at the passing clouds. ''I dunno. I'm not even sure I want to leave. Come to think of it, I have more going for me here, than I do there. That and I like it here. More so than I do at home with my husband.''
Kev and Bau looked at the grey Panther, speechless.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment