Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Way Home

First fan fic ever! =O

Nintendo stuff (c) Nintendo
Shelly, Lee, Kev, Bau, Karmella (c) me

Chapter 10 - Way Home

Chapter 10 - Way Home
The well dressed Toad, Loanna, bustled up to the table by the window where Kev, Bau and Shelly were sat talking quietly.
''I'v just got word from Marco that Matilda has spat your bags out. I've asked him to go to the town by pipe with them, so he should be there when we arrive.'' She said cheerfully.
Relief washed over them and they relaxed for the first time since they boarded the air ship.
''Surely you still wanna go home?'' Kev asked after a moment.
''Yeah, when I first met you, you practically begged me to help you get home.'' Bau added.
Shelly wiped a tear away as it rolled down her cheek, leaving a dark trail of wet grey fur. She had never felt so confused in her life. She had no idea what she wanted to do.
''Honestly? Apart from my husband Lee, you're the only friends I've ever had. Even my parents don't like me. They paid more attention to my sister, and even she said I was a defect. I got called an outcast all the time and the only time anyone was nice to me, was when they wanted something.'' She said, the words comming freely, as if it didn't matter anymore. ''D'you think I'll be able to get back here when I get home? Or is it just a one way thing?''
Kev and Bau shrugged helplessly.
''You'll have to ask Karmella.'' The Boo said.


The air ship touched down with a bump outside the town, and as promised, Marco was there waiting for them at the main gates. They said their thankyous and headed into town in search of the MagiKoopa, Karmella. Karmella was in her shop in a quiet, near forgotten corner of the market square, smiling with delight as the grey Panther handed her her Power Star.
''I knew you would get it!'' She cackled with glee and placed a heavily ringed hand on Shelly's shoulder. ''It's now time to say goodbye to your friends.'' She said in a more serious tone.
''Karmella? Will I be able to get back here once I get home?'' Shelly asked curiously, the question gnawing at her mind.
Karmella paused, a soft intake of air the only thing to be heard. ''Only when you find what you are looking for, will you be able to come and go as you please.''

Shelly turned to the misfit Boo and the grey and black Spikey Koopa, both looking miserable, and she hugged them both tightyly, whispering her goodbyes through stifled whimpers.
''Remember what Karmella said; If you find it, you'll be able to come back if you don't like it there.'' Bau said, his words muffled by Shelly's fading red shirt, Kev nodding in agreement.
They turned to Karmella and watched wide eyed as she worked her magic, the Power Star glowing brighter than ever before evaporating into a fine golden mist, sinking into the MagiKoopa's upturned palms.
''Are you ready to return young outcast?'' She asked, her voice low. Shelly swallowed hard and nodded hesitantly. ''Then, begone with you!'' Was the last thing she heard before darkness swallowed her, all noise and senses being dulled to the point of numbness in an instant.

She felt herself comming to, the strong smell of disinfectant stinging her nostrils. A sudden feeling of regret and lonliness flooding her body.
''Bau...? Kev?'' She croaked wearily.
She felt a paw on her own and her eyes shot open, bright artificial light piercing her mind like hot lead. She forced her eyes to focus, ignoring the dull headache behind her eyes, and the face of a black Panther loomed over her, it's face etched with worry and relief.
''We thought you weren't gonna come to.'' Lee said raggedly. Shelly felt her throat tighten, a small knot of dread settling in the pit of her stomach.
''We...?'' She murmered weakly.
''Your parents and sister are here. They have been since they found out you were in hospital.''
Shelly pulled herself out of the hard bed and grabbed the clothes that were hanging over the back of Lee's chair.

''Where're you going?'' He asked, standing up.
''Home. I have to find something.''
''Not this again, Shelly, we've been through this too many times to count. You're ill, now's not the time to go and start turning the house upside down again.'' He huffed.
''I'm not ill. I'm perfectly fine thankyouverymuch.'' She snapped back. ''Now, are you gonna drive me home, or do I have to call a cab?''


''Ghosts don't exist Shelly.'' Lee said as he pulled away from another red light turned green. ''Nor do talking mushrooms, living ball and chains or giant living slabs of concrete that demand to be paid. Turtles can't do magic and drain pipes do not warp you to different parts of the country. Get over it Shelly, it was a dream, that's all.'' Lee growled.
''I told you you wouldn't believe me!'' Shelly retorted stubbournly.
Lee shook his head and pulled into the driveway, parking up and switching the engine off before quickly following Shelly into the house. The lights were on and before she could get the key in the door her mum opened it.
''Shelly!'' She exclaimed then grunted something under her breath when she pushed past her and got back to searching the house.

Another wave of anger washed over her as she overheard her mother talking with Lee in the hallway. She heard another car pull up outside and soon two more people joined the murmered voices in the hallway where the murmered talk continued. She stood upright when an idea hit her and strode into the hallway where her mother, father, sister and husband were gathered infront of the coat cupboard. They looked at her strangely, their looks accusing her of being mad. She ignored them and pushed them out of the way, opening the cupboard door. A familiar mischevious laugh filled the silence, sending shivers up and down their spines. A grin spread across Shelly's face when a large white ball bounced to her feet. She picked it up, ignoring the stares from her family, smiling back at the familiar grin looking up at her.

''That's one creepy ball.'' Her sister said.
''A Boo.'' Shelly chuckled.
''I don't remember seeing that last night.'' Her mother said.
''I told you I wasn't lying.'' Shelly said, looking at Lee, who was stood, fixated with the ball.
''Get rid of it. It's disgusting.'' Her father said, turning his nose up at it.
Shelly shifted her grip on the ball and something rattled inside. She held it up to the light and silohouetted by the bright hallway light and the ball's thin rubbery surface, she saw the outline of a pendant like the one Bau had found in the crate. She hurried into the kitchen, paying no heed to those around her, pulling a small, sharp knife from one of the drawers, slicing a small cut into the ball, retrieving the silver pendant.

''Wow.. It's beautiful..'' Her sister said, looking over he shoulder.
Shelly ignored her and placed it around her neck.
''Shelly...?'' Lee said, stepping into the kitchen, her parents close behind him.
She took a deep breath. She didn't feel at home here anymore. Nothing felt right from the start, and now she knew why.
''I'm sorry Lee. I just don't feel comfortable here. I'll see you around, yeah?'' She said, smiling, a paw on the pendant, a faint glow leaking from between her fingers, quickly enveloping her in a white light leaving her family stood in the kitchen, watching the spot where she used to be.

END

Comments

Comments (2)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment

FlameShadow on June 29, 2008, 10:02:14 AM

FlameShadow on
FlameShadowPretty darn good. =)

ShadowSpyro on June 29, 2008, 4:38:42 PM

ShadowSpyro on
ShadowSpyroThankies. ^^