Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 3 - Investigation

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 3 - Investigation

Chapter 3 - Investigation
JD and Blacktip watched the mayday in disbelief. Murc had seen this before, so he sat calmly, his expression blank. When the screen went dark, they turned to General Newark.
''If they're asking for help, why attack us?'' JD asked, breaking the silence.
''Maybe it was the only way to get our attention.'' Murc said.
''Then why the signal barrier?'' Blacktip asked.
General Newark shook his head. ''I don't know. That's something we'll have to ask them about. We've been monitoring them as closely as we can in the past two months and something's very wrong on their planet.''
''Ask them?'' Blacktip sputtered.
The old Bear nodded ''Captain D'Armeus.'' He said, turning to the Demon. ''I want you and Shadow to go down to Stalo and investigate further. With the readings we're getting off the planet itself, it would be best if you didn't dawdle. Get the information and return to base.''


''No wonder they asked for help.'' Lemur said as she studied the main screen of her console. ''At least three quarters of the insectoid life has been wiped out by what appears to be some kind of Humanoid race and... Something else...''
''Something else?'' JD asked curiously.
Lemur nodded. ''Something big.'' She said when the readings she was recieving from the planet's surface spiked violently. ''It's not mechanical. It's something to do with the planet itself, I think.''
''Like what?''
''A Troll?'' Shadow said as she walked onto the bridge. ''They're rare, but I have come across one before.''

JD paused a moment, then nodded grimly.
''Do they know we're comming?'' Came Chester's voice from the cockpit hatch.
''I honestly have no idea. Guess we'll find out when we get there.''JD replied.
''That's comforting to know.'' Shadow said.


''Two beings have materialised in sector A-five. Different species, but both armed, one more heavily armed than the other.'' The female Grasshopper said.
The Wasp peered at the monitor and sighed. ''Send an escort drone out and bring them into the Hive. I'll be waiting for them in meeting room D.'' He said and strode off.
He was anxious about this meeting. What made his gut twist more was childhood memories was war stories his granfather and history teachers had told him about the battle between the Shadow Stalkers and the T'raykes.

The T'raykes had taken the Shadow Stalkers by surprise and had crushed them. Only a handful had survived and they fled to a new system where they'd rebuilt and carried on. One of those survivors was now in charge. He had no idea why they attacked the Shadow Stalkers, no one would say. He wondered what his elders would say about his decision to contact them and beg for their help in a fight against a weaker species three galaxies away. But they were'nt weak. They had that creature on their side. The monster that was born of the earth, that rose from the ground each day to wreak havoc upon those of insectoid origins that dare to stray outside the outer Hive wall.

He was now stood at the head of the long polished table, his thoughts and memories colliding. If his family was still alive in the lower levels of the Hive and the Shadow Stalkers agreed to help, then he would be disowned.
Damn stubborn traditions. He thought bitterly then cursed the elders. The dark honey coloured door opened, pulling him from his thought and a black and red feline like creature cautiously walked in, follwoed closely by a dark blue Dragon, unafraid of showing her scars as if to be a warning to others, her features locked in an uncaring expression.

The Feline, the captain, stood at the bottom of the table and briefly saluted, anger and curiosity mixing in his eyes. The Dragon just gave the merest of bows and avoided eye contact. The Wasp gave a weak smile, a lump of dread clogging his throat.
''That message you sent out didn't exactly give us enough details.'' The Feline said pointedly, his tone cold.
''I'm sorry captain, but I would've said more if we weren't under attack.'' He swallowed hard and gestured for them to sit. ''Several years ago,'' He continued when they said nothing. ''I worked as a communications technician on the top level.''
''What does that have to do with us being here?'' The Dragon said, her northern accent tinged with impatience and suspicion.
The Wasp paused, inhaling deeply and steadily. ''We got word that one of your people managed to successfully destroy an Earth Troll.'' He managed to say, desperately hoping it was true and not just a rumour.

For the first time since they'd arrived, Shadow made eye contact. She looked commander Locane dead in the eye for a second before continuing to look at a point just to the side of his head. The Wasp tried to supress a shudder.
''I had help from an outsider who was also looking to destroy it. The Troll had apparently destroyed his people before moving onto one of the largest cities on Tenret, which I'm sure you know, is not far from here.'' She said, her expression and tone not changing.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment