Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 5 - Angel Hunt

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 5 - Angel Hunt

Chapter 5 - Angel Hunt
JD wlaked down the street with his hood up. The rain was pouring down to the earth hard and relentlessly, bouncing off the black tarmac of the road and the concrete paving slabes he walked upon. The Demon grunted and exhaled a stream of grey smoke from his mouth, giving the effect he was smoking a cigarette, his old boots squelching on the ground with each step he took, water seeping into them, fidning small ways in through the years of abuse.

I probably look as bad as I feel. He thought angrily, pulling a small, circualr device from his belt. The small tracking radr showed nothing of interest so he clipped it back onto his belt and took shelter in an old doorway of a long disused shop. He stuffed his paws into his hoodie pockets and watched miserably as the near empty streets were being beaten by the rain as it continued, giving no signs of letting up, quietly cursing those he knew and whoever else he could think of. The roar of a motorcycle engine caught his attention. They were a rarity in this city due to it's expansive population favouring the public transport, walking or their cars. He looked at the small radar again. The bike was indicated to be at the bottom of the road. JD stuck his head out into the rain and looked up and down the quiet street, only seeing a few people braving the rain and a small stream of cars driving past, splashing through puddles.

He continued listening to the sound of the bike engine and swore when it died. He knew it was the Angel. There was no need for the radar anymore. Every fibre in his body screamed it at him, pleading for the taste of Angelic blood. But the Demon wasn't here to kill him, he was here on orders to bring him back to base, or to at least collect some information about Trolls. He stepped back into the rain, desperately trying to ignore his natural instincts as he walked down the street in search of the Angel.

Halfway down the road, the air shifted around him as if something had passed low and fast over his head, the faintest of scents lingering in the damp air, driving JD's feral instincts wild, fighting harder to overpower his trained side as his quarry grew closer. He stood motionless in the rain at the mouth of a dumspter choked alley, small overflowing bins, cardboard boxes and black bin bags littering the ruddy ground. He looked around and cautiously entered, fingering the tip of the long blade that was safely tucked away, strapped neatly to his right forearm, the red blade and sheath pefectly camoflagued against his fine red fur. He pulled his hood down and listened, long ears tiwtching as he searched for any signs of movement within the alley.

Lightning split the grey noon sky and a blade like cold fire pressed against his throat, a trickle of blood running down it's flawless surface. Two warm breaths on the back of neck and his own blade was out, knocking the offender's own blade away from his throat, allowing him to move out of the way, facing his attacker with his long dagger in his firm grip, his long black tail and ears taking on a lava like sheen. Before him stood the Angelic Wolf, gun at his side and sword in paw, a green aura surrounding him giving his pale fur a green tint. Angelus S. Wolfen. The one he'd been sent to find and to bring back to Nuam.

JD snarled and lept at Angel, the two blades sparking angrily as they collided. The Demon's senses quickly becomming clouded by ancient instincts he'd locked deep within himself many years ago. A blur of movement and JD slammed into the dead end wall of the alley, the old slimey stone cracking under the sudden force.
''Why did you come?'' Angel growled angrily, poised ready to strike, edging closer and closer to JD.
''I've been sent to look for you.'' JD grunted as he collected himself.
Angel cocked his head slightly, searching the Demon's mind, but finding nothing but solid mental walls surrounding his thoughts and memories. Angel was knocked back by a sudden flurry of fire, his sword being sent skittering across the grimey stone floor. He landed on his back, wings flared and gun raised, ready to shoot as JD loomed over him.

''I could crush your heart before the bullet leaves the chamber. Unfortunately, there are several people who would appreciate it if I were to bring you in alive.'' JD said bitterly.
Angel growled but stopped when the Demon purposely let a single name slip through his mental barriers. He lowered his gun and righted himself, matching JD's height with ease.
''What've you done to her?'' He growled, finger still on the trigger.
''I've done nothing to her.'' He replied cooly. ''In fact, we have a situation with a Troll. But I think it's best if General Newark explains it.''


Angel looked across the large desk and at the brown Bear who sat, relaxed in his leather chair. He was taken aback by the Bear's prescence, he'd never come across a Bear so well built; eight foot of muscle, ready to take on anybody and anything that opposed him and an air of authority that made the Angelic Wolf feel insignificant in his prescence. Newark wasn't as relaxed as he seemed though. A controlled energy of wariness flickering through his eyes as he gazed intently at the Wolf, mentally assessing him, making Angel wonder if it was some kind of test, but so far, he hadn't succeeded in picking up any thoughts, even from those he passed on the way to the tree bound office den.

They'd had an hour of talk and now Newark was just sat there, watching. Finally, he opened his mouth and spoke again, leaning forward in his chair.
''Would you like to say anything else before you're escorted up to the Station?'' He asked in an even voice.
''No sir.'' Angel replied.
He hadn't intended on the sir part, but it just slipped out anyway, the word produced by a small part of him, his inner cub, which was scared that the Bear might crush him if he didn't give the proper respect. Something about that amused him and he fought back a smile as he rose and walked toward the door, knowing that JD was still waiting for him on the other side.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment