Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 6 - Stalo

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 6 - Stalo

Chapter 6 - Stalo
Angel stood in the turbo lift next to JD and tugged at his black and green uniform. He'd been told that he'd had to wear Stalker uniform so that he wouldn't be attacked by the allies. He wasn't used to wearing a uniform but was surprised to find that it wasn't as uncomfortable as he'd expected it to be. He'd snorted at the rule when the Demon first told him, but soon accepted it as he was escorted planetside to see general Newark.
He stepped out of the lift and was confronted by a window of blackness dotted with white specks, a deep purple lacing it's way across the star scape. He followed JD and passed a couple of open doors, some revealing ongoing lessons of magic and technology and others combat classes. Something within him longed to go up against one of these highly skilled creatures, as such a large collection of powerfull being like this would probably never be come across again. But he was here to work, sparring with a Shadow Stalker would have to wait some time.
''Turn the corner at the end and you'll find the station crew's rec room. My team are in there. I need to go an talk to captains Murc and Blacktip, so I'll be by later.'' JD said and started off down a side corridoor that led to the bridge.


Shadow looked over her shoulder as she stood at the drink's counter, a small black fairy floating beside her, and grinned broadly when she saw the Angelic Wolf stood in the large circular doorway in Stalker green and black.
''Huh, you say something?'' Ev asked suddenly.
''Uh, yeah. Take the drinks back to the table. I'll be there in a minute.'' Shadow said as Angel finally saw her and started towards her, weaving between the masses of tables and bodies that occupied them.
''Oh that's right! Make me do all the work!'' Ev huffed and a cloud of glittering black surrounded the bases of the cups as she flew away back to the table.
''You'll get to mace someone in the head soon enough.'' Shadow said after the retreating fairy.
''Long time no see. Care for a non-alchoholic beverage?'' She said, raising her cup of coffee mockingly.
Angel chuckled and shook his head. They embraced each other in a warm hug and he pulled back, looking at the gold ring on her finger.
''You're married now?'' He asked with mild amazement.
The dark blue Dragon nodded. ''Two and a half years and still waiting for the honeymoon. Not his fault though. We had a major emergency so it got cut very short.'' She quickly added when she saw the look on his face. ''Anyway, how've you been lately?''
''Eh, nothing much has gone on up until now. Just the odd Demon causing trouble here and there. Small fry really. And then JD came along...''
Shadow smiled twistedly and nodded. ''Sorry about that. Thought the challenge'd be good for him. Anyway, everyone's over here.'' She said, waving a paw towards a table in the corner.

There was a chorus of greetings and introductions when they approached them. Spirit chuckled when Angel frowned at the small black fairy, Ev, who had the Snow Leopard Kieron pulled halfway across the table by his military tags.
''You'll get used to it. It happens on a regular basis.'' She said.
Lemur spun around on her stool and pulled another one from the table behind, gaining a few dirty looks from it's users and patted it.
''Come! Sit down! This'll probably be the only time you'll get a decent break over the next week.'' She said and brushed a tendril of grey hair away from her face.
''You expect to have this job done within a week?'' He said, trying not to gape.
''We like to get things done quickly around here.'' Chester grunted from the far side, and arm wrapped around Shadow as he slouched on his stool, leaning against the bluegray wall.
''All hands to their stations. Stalkers report to docking bay five.'' Said a calm male voice over the station's com.
''That's gotta be a new record.'' Kieron wheezed when Ev finally let him go.
Angel flinched as a soft voice sounded in his mind, giving out orders and delivering mental imagery of a large stoney hand protruding from the ground outside a large Bee hive.
''Looks like the T'raykes have seen fit to deliver mental imagery from their telepaths to ours.'' Spirit said as she pulled her black trench coat from her chair.


JD was already onboard the Star Stalker, setting up the ship's systems from his command chair. Spirit stood on the raised platform behind him and gestured for Angel to take up her seat next to the Demon. Lemur and Ev were busy at work on the consoles either side of the bridge feeding and receiving data from Kieron who was down in the engine room as well as from the station itself. Angel watched as Shadow and Chester climbed a steel ladder and disappeared into a square hatch in the ceiling.
*I'm head pilot.* Shadow replied through her mind after a small, mental nudge. *JD's captain, Spirit's commander, Chaz' secondary pilot, Kieron's our chief engineer, Lemur's our tech and Ev's our com tech. Any other questions before we set off?*
*Not right now, thankyou.*
''Start the undocking procedure.'' JD said flatly.
Several clanks, groans and hisses sounded out and the ship's protective visor rolled down revealing the slowly opening docking bay doors ahead of them.
''Undocking complete, ready for launch.'' Shadow's voice came from the cockpit.
''Take us to far station orbit then go into Hyper Space.''


They emerged into normal space behind two Knight scout ships that were positioned in Stalo's distant orbit. The main viewer blanked, then a Ferret with blue markings appeared on the screen and promptly began his report.
''The planet's currently in full communication lock-down, but we've been getting some sever energy spikes on our scanner from the planet's surface. I don't know the exact location of the Hive, so I can't say what kind of condition it's in.''
''Is there anyway we can warp down there, or send a ship through the barrier?'' JD asked.
The Ferret shook his head doubtfully. ''Sorry captain, we're not sure. We only have the enhanced scanners for ground based objects only. Our ships were pulled out re-fit, so half the equiptment still isn't working right.''
JD sighed heavily. ''Thankyou scout commander Fitzroy. Keep to a far orbit until Captain Blacktip arrives.''
Fitzroy saluted once more and the screen flickered off to reveal the planet Stalo once more.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment