Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 7 - Lock Down

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 7 - Lock Down

Chapter 7 - Lock Down
''What now?'' Spirit asked.
JD rubbed at his face.
The past couple of months had been long and tiring and had taken a lot out of everyone. Right now they could do nothing until the T'raykes lowered their planetary shield, allowing the communications to continue between the bases.
''There is a way to get down there...'' Angel said, breaking the long silence.
Everyone on the bridge looked at him curiously.
''Well? Spit it out then.'' JD snapped.
''It's strange, but I can feel the barrier around the planet. It's like it's part biological.''
''Plant, animal...?'' Lemur prompted hopefully.
''I don't know, but it's like theres ripples flowing across its surface. I've never felt anything like it before.'' He said almost absent mindedly as he stared out the main viewer and at the planet below.
Lemur hmmed and spun around in her raised chair, her paws once more flowing across the controls of her console.
''What you got Lemur?'' Spirit asked curiously.
''Just trying something with the ship's sensors...''

The scan data on both Spirit's and JD's scan screens dipped dramatically before rising back up to standard levels before dropping again, doing it every five seconds in a steady pattern.
''I've been working on getting accurate barrier readings for the past hour or so, but I was looking more to the technology side of things and not biological.''
''Can we warp down then?'' JD queried.
''No.'' Angel said suddenly. ''Too dangerous. The energy field it's generating may break up the warp pattern as you pass through.''
JD grunted.
''A ship then...?'' Spirit asked.
Angel paused. ''I don't know much about this technology, but it's got a better chance for survival.''
JD opened his mouth and was about to question the two, then he remember what happened when they tried to contact the T'raykes after the bombing. The barrier had killed some of their finest telepaths, then it was later revealed that several warping attempts had severely backfired too.
''Lemur, I want you and Kieron to adjust the fighters' shields to mimic the barrier as much as possible. Ev'll stream the data down to you both as it moves.'' JD said and Lemur nodded before quickly leaving the bridge.


''I hear you're working on a way to get through the barrier.'' Captain Blacktip said.
JD looked up at the main viewer. The slim Shark had taken his soft cap off and had the top of his shirt unbuttoned.
''There's two more fighters to configure.'' He replied. ''I'll send Chester down first, and if he makes it, we'll send you the blue print data for the reajust.''
A grunt and a string of angry curses floated down from the cockpit.
''Good. The sooner I send my pilots out, the sooner I can shut down the main engines.'' Blacktip panted.
''What's the matter?''
''That re-fit isn't sitting well with Eclipse. She's over heating, same with Lady Mariah and Moonlight. Both ship's commanders are trying to sort it out, as are we, but if it keeps up, we have to head back to base.''
JD hoped that wouldn't be the case. He didn't know what was going on down on Stalo, but it had to be worse than the previous Laumii attacks for the T'raykes to go into lock down and refuse to acknowledge their prescence.
''All fighters reconfigured.'' Kieron said over the ship com.
''Chester!'' JD called.
The Doberman slid down the cockpit ladder and landed heavily.
''If you manage to get planetside, I want a full report A.S.A.P, understood?''
Chester nodded.
''Good luck, man.'' Blacktip said over the com and signed off.

Chester growled under his breath, the flesh around his muzzle wrinkling slightly as he fought back the urge to snarl at his captain. Angel looked at JD for a moment when the Vampire left the bridge, the signs of morbid glee at his team mate's underlying distress flowing strong from the Demon.
''What's your problem with him?'' He asked, slightly annoyed, yet not in the least bit surprised at the hostility the Demon felt towards Vampire.
'Non of your damn business.'' He growled angrily.
Angel's ears fell back, flat to his head and he flashed his teeth, a low growl thrumming out from his throat.
''I swear I'll space the pair of you if you start fighting.'' Spirit interjected calmly as she worked on her console.
The Angelic Wolf and Demon sank back into their chairs and watched the slowly growing fleet of grey ships. Two more warships were expected along with a third supply ship that was comming from Tenret, Nuam's neighbouring planet, stocked up and ready to bring fresh food, clothing and medical supplies to the Insectoids. They watched as a small black and green marked fighter ship escaped the confines of the Star Stalker's docking bay and vanished into the formations of warships and supply ships. An hour passed, and still no sign of Chester. His ship's tag vanished off the long scan radar as soon as he reached the barrier. Three hours passed and a scattered message came in, the small fighter's tag reappearing on the radar seconds after it was recieved.
''It worked...'' JD said in mild amazement. ''Send Blacktip the blue print data. Angel, you're riding with Shadow. Kieron, Spirit, you're planetside too. Contact me as soon as you get down there.'' JD said and dismissed them.
''Why do I have to stay up here with you?'' Ev squeeked.
''Because the Laumii have their own warships, and I need at least one more crewman on hand to keep this tub going.''
Ev sighed heavily and watched the others go.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment