Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 8 - The Hive

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 8 - The Hive

Chapter 8 - The Hive
''Sorry about the tight squeeze. A passenger's an emergency thing only.'' Shadow said apologetically.
''I've been stuffed in worse spots, believe me.'' Angel replied from behind her.
As the three fighters entered Stalo's atmosphere, the shields flared violently and the ships shook as they passed through the barrier. The scanners and radar had been blinded and the shileds' power had dropped to quarter strength. They couldn't communicate with one another, so they were practically flying blind, hoping the systems would automatically right themselves and that the thick clouds would part soon.


''Three more class A fighters have just entered the atmosphere, sir.'' Scan tech Bosson said.
The Wasp gripped the scan console tightly as the Hive was rocked again.
''What's their position?'' Locane asked.
''It's hard to tell. The barrier's damaged some of their systems.'' She replied, trying to get an accurate reading on them.
Laser fire rained down from the sky, scattering the attacking Laumii. The Hive shook again and a massive stoney hand rose from the ground and high into the air, knocking out another defense tower that was stood over what was left of the Hive's outer wall. Further back, a single shot took out a group of Laumii and the Earth Shaper's arm crumbled back into the ground. A briefe cheer and the T'rayke's own laser fire joined the Stalkers' own once more, forcing the Laumii back.


''Your timing couldn't be better.'' Commander Locane said, removing his cap as he approached the four Stalkers in the rear docking bay.
Spirit introduced herself and her team mates before going on to explaining what was going on in the planet's orbit and also how they managed to get through the barrier as they walked into the main Hive. The Wasp led them into a meeting room that was situated near the main control and gestured for them to sit.
''The damage done by this latest attack is high. The next attack, we stand to lose the Hive.'' He said.
''How many men did you lose this time?'' Spirit asked, unsure she wanted to know the answer.
Locane paused, deep red eyes glazing over for a moment as he sent out a mental querie.
''My chief medical officer says around thirty were T'raykes lost.''
''That's half of your remaining soldiery.'' Angel said.
Locane nodded grimly.
''What happened to the first of our ships that came through?'' Shadow asked, worry and fear settling in the pit of her stomach.
Locane slowly shook his head.
''It came up on our scanners a few times, but we failed to make contact with it. I've told my scan techs to report any sightings of the ship immediately, but that was well over an hour ago.''
Locane watched the Dragon carefully, unsure of how she'd react to the news. It was clear that she cared a great deal about the pilot of the missing ship and the winged Wolf next to her seemed to react to her underlying worry, making subtle movements towards her.
''Uh, commander Locane, if you're having problems with any scanner or defense repairs, I'd gladly help.'' The Snow Leopard said.
Locane paused a moment, cautiouse of Kieron's offer, but accepted it anyway, pushing aside any old stories he'd heard as a child about their side.
''I will have someone escort you to main scan immediately.''


Chester came to on the outskirts of a thick forest. He was sat in what was left of the cokpit of his ship. He'd ejected soon after the Earth Shaper took a swipe at his wing, damaging his ship badly and sending it spiralling down.
''Damn Troll.'' He grunted angrily as he pulled himself upright into a sitting position.
His head spun and he hurt all over. Gathering his senses, he looked at his surroundings and climbed out of the wreckage, drawing his sword, swaying uncertainly on his feet in a non-existant breeze. He fuzzily wondered how long he'd been unconsciouse for and how far away from the Hive he was. He staggered a little further away from the smoking wreckage and explored the area around the crash site, expecting at any moment to be ambushed.
The bushes around him rustled and he took up a fighting stance, unsure of how many Laumii were lurking in the undergrowth. Several of the pale skinned Humanoids emerged slowly, more leaping quickly at the Doberman from different angles. Chester managed to successfully down two of them, sliving one in half and stabbing the other, spilling their innards across the ground before they had a chance to realise what was going on. A Laumii barrelled into his back, but he managed to stay upright, grabbing his attacker by the collar of his shirt and throwing him over his shoulder onto the ground at his feet, driving his sword into hi head. The Vampire spun around neatly on one foot and kicked another Laumii in the chest with a sickening crack, sending him rolling awkwardly across the ground. But Chester was still surrounded. The Laumii poured in from nowhere. He could feel himself wearing down, his injuries getting the better of him. A snap of a twig from somwhere behind him and his world went dark with a sharp jolt of pain.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment