Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 9 - Distractions

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 9 - Distractions

Chapter 9 - Distractions
The masses of screens lit up when Kieron restored the main scan room's power. The female black Ant stood next to him panicked when a mass of unrecognised ships were picked up on the secondary scanner.
''They're ours, don't worry.'' He said reassuringly.
A look of total reliefe settled on scan tech Dana's features and her shoulders sagged.
''Sorry. It's been extremely stressful lately.'' She said.
''No need to apologise.'' Kieron said. ''I'd have had a near spaz attack too if that many unmarkeds came up on my scan.'' He grinned crookedly.
Within moments all the black dots turned grey and were marked 'Knights'.

''The scanners are back online sir.'' Dana said over the com. ''The Shadow Stalkers' Knights have just entered the atmosphere successfully.''
''Any other news?'' Locane asked.
''Yessir. We have a fixed location for the missing Stalker ship. I'm now sending the data to your desk comp.''
Locane nodded and the com screen on the wall went dark again. Shadow went rigid in her chair when Dana announced the news. Locane looked at the fresh data and sighed heavily.
''Problem?'' Spirit asked.''
''Your ship's crashed ten miles north of here on the boarder of Laumii territory.''
''The forest?''
Locane nodded grimly.
''I'm gonna go get him.'' Shadow said, rising from her seat.
Everyone looked at her with wide eyes, stunned silence filling the room.
''You can't!'' Angel said in protest.
''Yes I can.'' Shadow replied defiantly.
''The Wolf is right. If the Earth Shaper doesn't get you, then the Laumii will.'' Locane said cooly.
''I've survived worse.'' She grunted and pulled her jacket on.
''That's besides the point. You can't go in there alone-''
''You're not comming with me Angel.'' She said.
The Dragon's five-twelve was nothing compared to the Angelic Wolf's six-two, but she didn't care. He could try to stop her, but he knew all too well that she was a fair match for him and had wrestled him to the ground before, and the only way to stop her from going after her life mate was to kill her, which was soemthing he didn't even want to consider.

''Blacktip can spare a couple of his Knights.'' Spirit said, ignoring the growing tension in the room.
Locane nodded, but Angel didn't budge.
''Angel, we need you here incase the Earth Shaper turns up again.'' Spirit said, looking him dead in the eye.
Locane slid a small, thin case across the polished table top, towards Shadow. She caught it and picked it up, eyeing it suspiciously.
''Standard data chip. Used all across the planet. It contains the data scan tech Dana sent me.'' The Wasp said and took a quick glance at the Wolf and Cheetah. ''I'll escort you to the rear docking bay. In the meantime, commander Swiftpaw, you may use our equiptment to contcat your people.''
''I'll let you know when they're in position.'' Spirit said and watched them leave the room. ''You alright?'' She asked when she sat in Locane's chair, waiting for an outside signal on his desk com.
''I'm fine.'' Angel replied as he looked out the window.
''You don't sound it.''
Angel sighed and his posture sagged. ''I'm just finding it a bit diffuclt. Everyone's so closed with their thoughts, it's frustrating.''
''Force of habit. We were all trained, as were the T'raykes, to keep our thoughts private and our mental barriers up unless absolutely nessessary to do so otherwise.''
Angel nodded slowly, understanding all too well the need to keep a mental barrier erect in the mind. You never know who or what could be trying to pry into your thoughts and memories.
''And yes; Shadow will be fine.'' Spirit said as Angel opened his mouth to speak again.


Shadow flew her ship through the cover of the clouds, following the data map Locane had given to her. Two more fighters followed, Knight grey, Blacktip having agreed almost immediately to dispatch them to Shadow on a rescue mission. They landed near the crash site and locked down their ships before investigating the scene.
''There's no one here.'' The white Rhino said.
Shadow immediately picked up the Doberman's scent and her hope of finding him grew.
''Jodan, stay with the ships and contact me as soon as anything happens.''
The Rhino saluted and took up guard, ears swivelling and eyes alert, his entire being ready to fend off any surprise attack.
''Murffit, you're with me.'' She said and the Woodpecker followed her into the forest.
It wasn't long before they came across his sword, it's blood stained blade buried deep into the ground. Murffit looked at it then at Shadow.
''Touch it, please. We need to know what happened.'' She said.
Murffit reached out and toched the handle of the delicate looking blade. He shuddered and went rigid, his grip tightening and eyes rolling back into his skull as his knees buckled beneath him.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment