Username   Password  
Remember   Register   |   Forgot your password?

Chapter 10 - Orbital

Shadow Stalkers (c) me (Amy)
Angelus Wolfen (c) angelshadow of FA

Chapter 10 - Orbital

Chapter 10 - Orbital
''What is the meaning of the barrier?'' Came that same voice.
The question just kept on being repeated as did the blows when Chester didn't answer. He was too weak to do anything. He couldn't fight back. He'd lost too much blood, but he surprised himself when a growling chuckle passed his split lips.
''What's so damn funny?'' The voice hissed angrily.
''I find it funny,'' Chester wheezed. ''That you ain't figured that out for yourselves.''
The Laumii chief punhced the Doberman in his gut so hard that he whimpered and tugged at the bindings as he tried to double up. He wondered inanely at how many times in his life he'd been bound up, excluding the moments that happened in the bedroom. On too many times, he decided and tried once more to break free. The shadows around the room wavered but he was forced back into submission when hot pain ripped into his side, forcing a cry of agony from his bloodied mouth.
''You're not so good with silver, are you?'' The chief snarled deviously as he twisted his knife in the Vampire's side before slowly removing it.


The Shadow Stalkers' warships were in battle formation above Stalos, prepared for any Laumii ships to appear in the planet's orbit.
JD was sat in the command chair on the bridge of his ship talking with captain Blacktip. The Shark seemed to be in better condition than before.
''I'm assuming you've sorted your engine problem?'' JD asked.
The slim Shark nodded. ''I've had to send Lady Mariah back to base though. Her engines overheated too quickly and on what little back-up power she had, she'd be a sitting duck if we come under heavy fire.''
''So we're only one heavy down then?''
''Yeah. But don't relax too much; we still don't know how big the Laumii fleet is.''
''According to commander Locaen, there were fifty enemy ships to begin with, but they managed to destroy half their fleet.''
JD paused and looked at his main scan when it started bleeping. A mass of enemy ships appeared on the outer boundaries of T'rayke space.
''Twenty five against twenty. Think we can handle it?''
Blacktip flashed his rows of teeth in a cruel grin.
''Oh, I think we can manage.''
Alarms on all ships rang out as the Laumii battle cruisers and warships approached.


''Raise all shields!'' Locane shouted from the command balcony in the main room.
Spirit stood beside him, monitoring one of the consoles. Locane ordered the last of his men to their battle stations, praying they'd all survive. So far, he'd gotten lucky. The under ground chambers had survived, but those down there; the old, disabled, young and injured were running out of supplies and were slowly starving.
''One way or another, I'm aiming to make this the last battel.'' The Wasp said.
Spirit nodded, knowing how the Insectoid felt. She opened a line to the Knights who were hiding in the cover of the clouds. The Hive shuddered and it's shields flared as the Earth Shaper rose once more, taking swipes at the T'raykes. Behind the crumbled outer wall, the Laumii charged head first into the waiting traps, being ambushed by the waiting insectoids. All hell broke loose when the Knights barreled out of the clouds, showering the enemy with laser fire. Chunks of rock were being chipped off the Earth Shaper's arm, but it had no effect.
''Angel, d'you think you get get the Earth Shaper away from the Hive?'' SPirit asked.
He nodded and ran to the exit, his green aura flaring as he prepared to do battle.


''That was close.'' Murffit panted as they crept through the forest.
The two had hidden in the trees when the Laumii army had marched by, cutting a fresh trail through the undergrwoth.
''They're not very sharp, are they?'' Shadow murmered.
''No, but they're hard bastards to have wiped out so many T'raykes.'' Murffit replied.
Shadow agreed, determined to ignore what was going on at the Hive, and they continued onwards, following the trail left by the marching Laumii.
They soon came to a base, put together with sheets of metal, wood and canvas. It was hidden deep within the forest and seemed abandoned. There was no sign of heavy artillery either on the makeshift base.
''Those old rifles, swords and spears must be the only weapons they have to fight planetside.'' Murffit said.
''Don't forget the Troll.'' Shadow replied. ''You picking anything up?''
The Woodpecker shook his head. ''Sorry sir, nothing. They must've used another route.''
Shadow sighed, feeling the anxiety rising.
''Wait...'' Murffit said suddenly. ''Do you smell that?''
Shadow inhaled deeply and her forked tongue flikered out, testing the air.
''Blood. But it's old.'' She said and carefully followed the weakening scent to a small clearing a few yards away from their hiding spot.

Comments

Comments (0)

You are not authorized to comment here. Your must be registered and logged in to comment